OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:13 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

For those that might not know the Ubese are a near human species (according to legends that is) this means that they are similar to humans but not exactly human. The Ubese are from Uba IV and Ubertica, as the species self destroyed their home thanks to an influx of technologically advanced weapons and thanks to the Republic's sector fleets who fearful of the fact the Ubese had started to produce banned weapons decided to bombard their planets of Uba I, II, III and V which was completely destroyed into nothingness. The Ubese are divded into two groups of identical beings but whose planet they live on is different those planets being Uba IV and Ubertica, nevertheless both are known to cooperate as they are a xenophobic species that very rarely deals with Aliens. Ubese are usually mercenaries, assassins, slavers and any other job that allows them to vent their hatred of other species without fear of retribution, they never speak galactic  which means that anyone that wishes to communicate with them must do so with the help of a protocol droid (if you are wealthy enough) or with any other translation device.
Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Yq1V9ix
Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  NPFywLt
Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  PybYPQE
Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  00j0vTT
Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  PwjAd0m

A simple figure by all means, he wears a mixture of Sideshow Leia as Boushh gear and Hasbro Leia as Boush gear along with some random bits of Dragon modied to fit on and a light weathering. However the real reason I posted this was to use my backdrop which is at least 20% finished.
Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  02hVa1l
Based off of Tatooine I've been working on this piece for about four days now, I spent about a day or so sketching out ideas until I decided to do this, I was originally going to use arches but in my (not so great) sketches it did not look good so I went with these triangular support bits. It's made out of foam board the stuff with the styrofoam sandwiched between paper and some spackling I applied by hand to try and get a sort of rustic feel.   Nothing fancy, not too big or small  and fairly simple to put together, between each column there are a series of ceramic magnets where different things will be placed, so far I have planned a door (or doors), windows and random bits of technological clutter along with other things such as awnings and flags/banners, chairs and most likely a second smaller wall. Also a floor which so far I plan on having two sides but we shall see.

So far the wall is unpainted and only has two coats of PVA glue to get the spackling to stick together and not crack off the foam, tonight I will start the painted and working on the door, I might make a thread later on where I show it off in more detail.  So for now, have nice weekend, have fun and stay safe.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  1f60e

2Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Re: Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like him. I’m curious about the history; is that from the books? I’ve never read any of the EU other than the first off-shoot book that came out between Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back (Splinter of the Mind’s Eye — which still had Luke secretly in love with Leia, haha).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  C8485110

3Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Re: Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool looking figure. You have really been able to make the most of the 12-inch Hasbro line.

4Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Re: Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:51 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:I like him. I’m curious about the history; is that from the books? I’ve never read any of the EU other than the first off-shoot book that came out between Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back (Splinter of the Mind’s Eye — which still had Luke secretly in love with Leia, haha).

Thanks. I summarized the lore on wookipedia (the star wars wiki) in order to post it here since in canon they don't have any lore yet and The New Essential Guide to Alien Species does not seem to have it (or I missed it). However they have appeared in a few games and been mentioned in a few EU novels, comics and games including the KOTOR games and If I remember correclty Star War's galaxies (another game).

GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool looking figure. You have really been able to make the most of the 12-inch Hasbro line.

Thanks, I do try to use as much as I can, some items are not very usable like the old blaster rifles since they are bigger, however pistols, lightsabers and any other weapon that doesn't have some rocket firing gimmick works quite well.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  1f60e

5Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Re: Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:18 pm

GregT

nice weathering on the figure, and thanks for filling us in on the story of the Ubese....
any progress on that massive dio? I love structures and interior settings, looking forward to it.
those things are hard to make, even harder to find somewhere to put 'em after the photo-shoot!

6Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Re: Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:57 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very nice looking figures!

7Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Re: Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:56 am

Ovy

Ovy
Now that's a cool backstory. Great simple poses and that bit of a backdrop is much more find than the white cloth already. I loved the voice of that helmet.

Is your figure a guy or a girl?

8Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars]  Empty Re: Ubese Mercenary [Star Wars] Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GregT wrote:nice weathering on the figure, and thanks for filling us in on the story of the Ubese....
any progress on that massive dio? I love structures and interior settings, looking forward to it.
those things are hard to make, even harder to find somewhere to put 'em after the photo-shoot!

Thank you, I hope to post a thread this week where I can show more of it, I'm currently working on some windows / ports for it so it will probably have quite a few pictures.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very nice looking figures!

Thank you!

Ovy wrote:Now that's a cool backstory.  Great simple poses and that bit of a backdrop is much more find than the white cloth already. I loved the voice of that helmet.

Is your figure a guy or a girl?

Thanks, I wanted to get rid of that piece of cloth for such a long time, it's a bit of canvas like material that I could use for something after all. The figure under the clothes is an old (I think really old) BBI guy, he's very skinny and I always had trouble finding clothes to fit which is why I chose to dress him up in Leia's clothes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum