OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Hmm. Judging by the video, it doesn't look like these can stand on their own -- that's disappointing.

skywalkersaga

That was my takeaway as well. :/

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for supplying the video review. Even without knowing the language, it does convey a lot about the product. Including, as already pointed out (and long suspected), that these can't stand on their own. Too bad, because otherwise they look great (still, not a fan of the heads, although the darker-haired one looks passable).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Adeno

Yeah, they can't stand on their own. I guess that's always the issue with non-solid feet for dolls. When I was looking at "bigger" dolls out of curiosity (2 feet tall to real adult sized silicone/tpe dolls), I found out the way they solved the issue is to have three metal cap things protrude from the bottom of each foot (which ruins the look for me). There are big dolls that are like the TBLeague seamless feet, but they also fall over and their metal skeletons can poke out of their meat lol!

For my personal taste, I'd rather have solid interchangeable TBLeague feet than protruding metal things. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:Yeah, they can't stand on their own. I guess that's always the issue with non-solid feet for dolls. When I was looking at "bigger" dolls out of curiosity (2 feet tall to real adult sized silicone/tpe dolls), I found out the way they solved the issue is to have three metal cap things protrude from the bottom of each foot (which ruins the look for me). There are big dolls that are like the TBLeague seamless feet, but they also fall over and their metal skeletons can poke out of their meat lol!

For my personal taste, I'd rather have solid interchangeable TBLeague feet than protruding metal things. Smile

Agreed -- besides even if they were functional, non-detachable feet would not work with some footwear (either too tight or designed for an ankle peg), so that would limit adaptability.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oddly enough — Hot Stuff (what, about 7-9 years ago), made an entirely seamless body with the ability to stand on its own.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Hm. It's disappointing but not shocking that these can't stand up unaided. Otherwise, I like the design of the bodies well enough, even those troublesome feet seem better-designed than previous seamless models, even if they are still totally impractical.

Seeing as TBL seem reluctant to stray too far from their 'norm' at the moment (see the new S38/39 body which is basically just a tweaked 'buxom' version of their S29/28, and the S36/37 which is basically just an animefied TBL Greatest Hits), I think I'll just wait for the almost inevitable revision of this model with detachable feet.

('Animefied' is definitely a real word by the way, I wrote it myself in pen in a dictionary to prove it)

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So... do these new and improved seamless feet have any side-to-side articulation (like a Jaiou body) as well as the usual up-down movement?

That would be something, I guess.

DarthJ

Patience, Grasshoppers.
I think they arrived and are waiting for me at the Post office. They should be mine in a few hours time.
You'll get a review and pictures, after a long rant about the problems to get them at their destination. I hope at least they didn't get damaged in the process.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good luck, DarthJ! : ) 

And GeeW -- yeah, I feel you. I like this body shape but am in no rush to get these ones and happy to wait and see what else tbleague comes up with.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
DarthJ wrote:Patience, Grasshoppers.
I think they arrived and are waiting for me at the Post office. They should be mine in a few hours time.
You'll get a review and pictures, after a long rant about the problems to get them at their destination. I hope at least they didn't get damaged in the process.

That's great. While you're at it, can you please check if the flat feet is soft enough to follow the curves of your basic high heel shoes? Thanks!

DarthJ

Below, the handywork of Belgian Customs, no doubt.

I'm going to blame Giantoy for drawing the attention of these greedy people. Giantoy work too professional, they even use their own boxes with their name on it.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1413

DarthJ

Tadaa...

Seems they didn't touch the boxes.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1414

DarthJ

The bikini's are packaged in their own little blister.

As I feared the material is some sort of rubber band. The tiny strings will snap very fast. Or as a rubber band they will harden and just break into tiny pieces after a while.
So they stay in their own little blister, never to be used.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1415

DarthJ

The figures :

- a pale one with long blond hair.
- a tan one with long black hair with 2 "tails", Chinese fashion.

If you tought these were going to be  teenager-sized, they are not. They are about the same height as normal TBleague figures, very thin with long legs. Rather supermodel or anime proportions.

They are "detailed".

They are "endowed" as MB figures, usually nature does not provide women with such a lithe frame with such huge assets.

The feet are attached though are less high heel formed and can be posed flat. You don't get a curling toe. They can't stand on those soft material feet. I guess high heels won't be a problem.

Can't show a full body picture on this family-friendly site so we skip to the family portrait where they are surrounded by petite and normals sized figures. Note the TBLeague figure on the left with curling toes.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1417

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Too bad about the feet -- major step backward for TBLeague. And, yeah, they are really tall. I guess I don't have to worry about purchasing these figures at any point.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Stryker. Thank you for the mini review, DarthJ.

DarthJ

If anyone wants to buy one, go for the tan one. There is no noticable difference between the head and body colour. The pale one's head however has tha slightly transparent look we know from other figures.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the review, DarthJ. Glad they finally arrived in your possession. The suntan one does seem the nicer of the two (at least in terms of the ones that come with heads).

Overall they are pretty figures/bodies. They have a sort of more gentle look than some of the other tbleague bodies. But for custom action figure purposes, they aren’t versatile enough for me to consider at this point. Especially given how tall they are — may as well just go with the s17b.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
DarthJ, thanks for the review, really appreciate it. Now the wait continues...

DarthJ

To be expected next are S36/36A and S37/37A, which seem to have the same body as S34 and S35 though with detachable feet. The usual pale and tan versions, with or without an Asian head. Again with blond and black hair, the latter one has an "anime" head and the bodies are also described as such. Expected for August.

For something different there will be the "voluptuous" S38/S38A and S39/S39A, pale or tan, with or without an Asian head and with detachable feet. Expected for September.

You can find all of these on Ebay in pre-order.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Unless the seller is super reliable, I wouldn’t recommend POing anything from eBay. There are plenty of reliable retailers out there to use. A list can be found here (By no means complete or comprehensive):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1860-on-line-retailers-list

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pics and review Darth.

How do the ankles articulate? A simple up/down movement, or is there any sideways articulation at all?

I'm still not thrilled with these, but if I were to buy one at a later date, the tan option does seem like the most appealing. The upcoming 36/37 model looks to be a more exaggerated 'cartoonish' version of this body type rather than just a straight detachable foot option, but even so I think I prefer it over these, purely because of the feet.

As for GianToy's reliabilty, at the moment they have an 'agreement' with UK's Royal Mail that sees packages travel pretty smoothly here with little to no customs involvement. How or even if that will continue after our 'Glorious' Brexit is finalised is anyone's guess, though.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed thanks for the review DarthJ, it looks like I will be passing on these too.

DarthJ

Quote : How do the ankles articulate? A simple up/down movement, or is there any sideways articulation at all?

A simple up and down and even then very little, you can barely notice the difference.

Quote : The upcoming 36/37 model looks to be a more exaggerated 'cartoonish' version of this body type

Economic reality made me think this will be the same body.  Though these could be "LB" instead of "MB". That is indeed a big difference.

The feet don't contain "bones", just soft squishable material. As such they fit in high heels though you may notice the squishing.
I must already have mentioned this but while Tbleague dolls in general don't fit in Barbie (and many girlfriend) shoes they do fit in Ken shoes and Kenner Doll  (such as Dusty) shoes.

Pictures **nude ankle warning **

Comparing with a high heeled 29 cm figure.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1420

Detail

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1418

Fitting shoes. The black high heels are made for 1/6 figures.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1419

Very squishy feet.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1422

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1421

DarthJ

Let's also mention those nice chairs by Mattel which I found with a variety of covers. 1970s vintage though this version could be a newer release, it looks brand new.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1510

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Whoa the S35 flat foot looks gigantic compared to the curved foot!
No wonder its bunching at the tip!
I wonder if slicing off the toes and supergluing it would work.

Either that or i go back to my original plan of buying the $75 TBL-S09
despite its armature-punctured-thinly-siliconed, wobbly, bowed feet! Dammit, TBL!

Thanks again for the show-and-tell, DarthJ.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Jeez, frustrating about the toes ... are they just supposed to be permanently barefoot? O.o 

ETA: and LOL, trying to squash the toes into the shoe... reminds me of the stepsisters in Cinderella. Laughing

And I must respectfully disagree that the upcoming anime body is the same as this one.... and not only due to the bust size, but also the waist, which is much more exaggerated/slim on the anime one.

DarthJ

More foot comparing ... with the petite and normal sized TBLeague figures with detachable feet where the foot size is somewhat smaller than S35.
And with a Jiaou Doll with a foot size which can match S35.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1515

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1514

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1516

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 Img_1517

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum