OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

brassco

brassco
Directed by famous film maker Feng Xiaogang, Youth focuses on some characters in the prime of their lives who are from a dance troupe in the early 1970s, and tells stories of their love and capricious fates. He Xiaoping who faces discrimination because of a family scandal. She hopes to start over in a new place, but finds that the shame has followed her to Chengdu. Liu Feng is well-liked within the group but he has unrequited crush on the lead solo Lin Dingding. Liu Feng experiences the pain of rejection and is expelled from the group when he makes an unwelcomed advance on her. He Xiaoping is heartbroken because she had secret feelings for Liu Feng…Each of the members of the art troupe all learn lessons in this coming-of-age story. Their paths have led to different places and different experiences.

Package Included:
     1 × Head sculpt
     1 × TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
     4 × Pairs interchangeable hands
     1 × Pair flat bottomed dancing shoes with feet
     1 × Pair ballet shoes with feet
     1 × Orange T-shirt
     1 × Baby blue T-shirt
     1 × Dark blue shorts
     1 × Pair light army green stockings
     1 × Rifle with bayonet
     1 × Cartridge clip
     1 × Real silk red flag
     1 × Flagpole

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 01
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 02
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 03

The box is not big, so no base. Not even a stand.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 04
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 05
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 06

The main contents. The flag is in the second section. The alternative red shirt is under it.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 07

Now, the main figure. When I tried to compare it with a standard tbleague figure, its about the same height! Damn i was hoping the figure of a Chinese would be shorter. No point buying!

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 08
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 09

Here's a surprise...no nips!! Why??!! Chinese dolls shouldn't have nips??!! On closer inspection, i noticed it is not the same body as the Phicen Arkhalla Queen of Vampires. Both figures have no nips, but the Queen has muscular body. Not the Chinese girl though.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 10
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 11
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 12
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 13

The HS is good. Something new. Well, at least i could use the HS for kit. The figure could stand on its own, but needed to adjust the feet. This is probably due to the socks.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 14

And....yes! can pose as advertised!

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 15

The rest of the accesories...nothing much. Some new hand postures. The ballet feet is good... i could use it to make other theme. A nice rifle to collect.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure 16

Overall, I regretted buying this figure. With so little accessories, it is overpriced. Should've purchase the parts separately. Now i need to figure out where this Chinese girl is going to fit in...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for posting this review, brassco. It certainly illustrates the figure very well and answers plenty of potential questions.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
That is disappointing to hear. I was hoping Phicen had a new shorter body for this, as it'd allow me to swap out all of the Original Effect bodies I got. Well Brassco, thanks for taking that bullet for the rest of us to answer that question.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They finally loaded for me. Thanks for posting. I still like it. Have one on PO through Timewalker. I wonder if licensing the movie and the actress’ likeness has something to do with the cost...?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Pity about the body height, other than that it looks like a far more natural looking body type than most they produce. You do wonder if it will be available separately at some point.

CHEERS!

brassco

brassco
there's something wrong with the imaging hosting site. Now it should be okay.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
She looks beautiful!

MarkEl

Thanks for posting the excellent review. I’m on the fence about wanting this one. I do like the different concept and source material compared to the usual Phicen/TBL fare.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Tremendous potential.
With any number of 1/6 female outfits, this Figure could become so many characters.
Thanks for sharing!

brassco

brassco

Full movie with subtitles.

brassco

brassco
found unintentionally the other pair of ballet feet and a matching dress just next to the box...couldn't resist not taking pictures...

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Ballet1
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Ballet2
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Ballet3a
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Ballet4

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice traditional ballerina. I like the first photo best.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Probably the best I've ever seen a Phicen look.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great. But ever the spoilsport, I saw something a little off. On the side (profile) view of that ballet pose, her head and neck don't meet quite correctly. I hope some more posing or a slightly different angle would fix the issue, but even if they don't, she looks great everywhere else.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Other than the unfortunate height issue, I do actually like the shape of this body. It's still busty but more delicate, and does seem a tad more realistic to my eyes. It's also , as the name suggests, quite 'youthful'. I can see potential for the body itself. The only other issue, though, is that I would not be sure what kind of headsculpt would match it... I'm guessing pale, which limits the (existing) headsculpts one could use with it. But for something with a more customized head, it could work really well.

And lol, I get the disappointment about the  'no nips', but at the same time, I am glad there is a seamless body that doesn't have those so, uh, prominent. I mean, it does allow for more outfits that I'd otherwise not use, because of that very issue.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:And lol, I get the disappointment about the  'no nips', but at the same time, I am glad there is a seamless body that doesn't have those so, uh, prominent. I mean, it does allow for more outfits that I'd otherwise not use, because of that very issue.

I try to stay away from displaying such bodies "indecently" even when I have to show them off for the purposes of review (that's where the heart and smiley face digital stickers come in). But otherwise I see it rather the opposite way. If for whatever reason that part of the body were exposed, wouldn't the absence of something that ought to be present be more annoying or even disturbing? The regular loose bodies have them sculpted, but either very faintly painted or not painted at all (if you need to fix that issue, a little round hole in some cardboard and oil pastel ought to help). But I am all about as much realism as possible, and others' priorities may well be different.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:And lol, I get the disappointment about the  'no nips', but at the same time, I am glad there is a seamless body that doesn't have those so, uh, prominent. I mean, it does allow for more outfits that I'd otherwise not use, because of that very issue.

I try to stay away from displaying such bodies "indecently" even when I have to show them off for the purposes of review (that's where the heart and smiley face digital stickers come in). But otherwise I see it rather the opposite way. If for whatever reason that part of the body were exposed, wouldn't the absence of something that ought to be present be more annoying or even disturbing? The regular loose bodies have them sculpted, but either very faintly painted or not painted at all (if you need to fix that issue, a little round hole in some cardboard and oil pastel ought to help). But I am all about as much realism as possible, and others' priorities may well be different.

I get what you're saying! Sorry if I didn't explain very well...

What I mean is, if I'm putting a female character into a tight shirt/ dress/bodysuit/whatever, I *personally* don't always want their nipples to be visible through the clothing. This is partly because I would rather those not be the focus or take away from the look of the character (which, for my purposes, is often an attempted recreation of something in a show or movie). And also because, I feel like, *realistically* , even a lady wearing something like that in real life would still be wearing a bra or some kind of undergarment that would reduce chances of nipples showing through said garment.

I completely understand being frustrated from a realism perspective, but I'm always thinking about how things look underneath very particular costumes , and how to recreate scenes from movies or shows. So, while I have no issue with some of the tbleague and other seamless bodies having visible nipples , I was merely saying that it was nice to have an alternate option for those times when I don't want to have to worry about that showing through a garment.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I agree with both of you (The Guv, & skywalker). Unless a visible bra is necessary to be seen under a blouse or t-shirt, it’s impractcal to add to the thickness of an outfit by having one; so if it doesn’t have one on, it’s a little impractical to have them poking through clothing for say an office environment. But when doing, ie, a Conan-esque Slave girl — you’d kind of like them to be there.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:I agree with both of you (The Guv, & skywalker). Unless a visible bra is necessary to be seen under a blouse or t-shirt, it’s impractcal to add to the thickness of an outfit by having one; so if it doesn’t have one on, it’s a little impractical to have them poking through clothing for say an office environment. But when doing, ie, a Conan-esque Slave girl — you’d kind of like them to be there.

Yes, exactly! and since there are already plenty of seamless bodies out there that have been constructed *specifically* for that precise pulp/comic type look (and I don't have any issue with them existing whatsoever), I just sort of thought that one that didn't have such 'features', might nonetheless have some (fairly versatile) uses.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see what you mean. Hadn't quite realized it was such a big issue, but I was probably using different outfits. Of course it would be annoying, especially when you are trying to avoid the oversexualized trend that is so common in sixth-scale figures. I wonder if a little piece of material interposed between the body's surface and the clothing on top might lessen the undesired effect; then again, the breasts are probably already on the large side in most cases and one wouldn't want to add to them.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's mine. I've had her for a few months (I think this is the first picture I've taken of her):

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure _dsc2810

brassco

brassco
GubernatorFan wrote:She looks great. But ever the spoilsport, I saw something a little off. On the side (profile) view of that ballet pose, her head and neck don't meet quite correctly. I hope some more posing or a slightly different angle would fix the issue, but even if they don't, she looks great everywhere else.

Yes, the neck seems thick. Especially when the neck is bent for posture. The pictures i took, i actually adjusted the neck by trying to stuff the neck into the HS joint. But still quite obvious.

That reminds me the reason why i decided to buy this figure from Phicen. Since they released the smaller body type, I thought, why not try this figure onto it?

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Youth1

The body i used is S24A. I must say, the HS still looks abit out of proportion with this body, but i could live with that.

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Youth2
TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Youth3

The chin looks great with this body! Even when i bend the neck, it still looks good! Hopeful here!
So I decided to put the ballet dress onto this body. But then, i realised I must also transfer the ballet feet. So i decided to check it out first...

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Youth4

And it doesn't fit. The HS i might be able to hack abit, but the feet supports the figure, so any less tight it wouldn't be able to even stand.

May be i can custom make a pair of ballet shoes? Still abit hopeful. Then, it occurred to me again, that i like to pose the ballet dancer with those elegant fingers posture. So i started to try again...

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Youth5

Nope...

Last hope...I tried to put on the Youth's clothes...but when i tried the seemingly tight hot pants...

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure Youth6

Sigh...i think i'll forget about the shirt...it would seems like she is wearing a man's shirt...

brassco

brassco
Stryker2011 wrote:Here's mine. I've had her for a few months (I think this is the first picture I've taken of her):

TBLeague PHICEN 1/6 PL2018-111 Art Troupe Movie Youth Female Soldier Figure _dsc2810

Nice ballet posture you had there! If you put her at the corner of your display shelve, you could have a 3 point supporting balance. I personally dislike using the stand. I remembered trying to balance a Harry Porter Hermione riding a broom stick flying, using a stand, after a prolonged period of time, i discovered marks on the body...

cheers!

brassco

brassco
skywalkersaga wrote:
And lol, I get the disappointment about the  'no nips', but at the same time, I am glad there is a seamless body that doesn't have those so, uh, prominent. I mean, it does allow for more outfits that I'd otherwise not use, because of that very issue.

How did you know that i was using the original body from Youth to wear that ballet dress? You could tell that was a nipless body type? Given that the body was made from TPE, it wouldn't really matter, correct? I mean...how would women be able to wear different dresses, if their protrusions are always in the way??

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Brassco, the body swap looks very promising for the head. Sorry to see the feet won't fit. Was it absolutely necessary for TBLeague to change the size of the neck and ankle pegs? Of course you could go for a totally different look.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum