OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has the Mandalorian put the squeeze on Boba and Jango Fett parts?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Shortly before I dropped off, and before the Mandalorian was released, I purchased a Boba Fett head sculpt to replace the tiny head on my Hasbro figure. As most customs take on a life of their own, I wound up swapping the body, jump suit and backpack for higher quality parts as well.
I planned to replace belts packs, etc with some of the better offerings out there.
Now that the Mandalorian has come, are you finding kitbash Fett accessories easier to come by, or more difficult ( read: expensive) ?
Will the two types of Mandalorian figures make it easier to create customs, since that would give us at least 6 types to draw from : Boba ESB, Boba RoTJ, Jango, Boba Animated, Mandalorian regular armor and Mandalorian Beskar.
I probably missed a version somewhere.
Wondering what you think.

Just for fun, the old Hasbro head as a Mandalorian Beskar test.

Has the Mandalorian put the squeeze on Boba and Jango Fett parts? 4ba73d10
Has the Mandalorian put the squeeze on Boba and Jango Fett parts? 66151f10
Has the Mandalorian put the squeeze on Boba and Jango Fett parts? 08ab2710

shazzdan

shazzdan
Boba Fett has always been unreasonably priced but Jango figures are still pretty cheap. He is a good source of parts for bashing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks remarkably good with the repaint. There is also the Mythos Boba Fett (by Sideshow), which was recently released, so one more. I think Boba Fett was always sought after as a fanboy favorite. One of the signs I'm not exactly the typical fan boy is that I only got around to getting a Boba long after the first ones appeared and I already had a bunch of Star Wars figures. The point is, demand has been driving up the prices. More options ought to make a difference, but on the other hand, these parts will be sought after, and, besides, many Boba Fett fans are likely to be really into the Mandalorian, etc, so to go after the parts even if they have fully kitted-out Boba Fetts already.

shazzdan

shazzdan
When I was a kid, 12-inch Boba Fett was a pretty sweet action figure. Grappling clamp, rocket backpack, firing missile, blaster, wookie bolos, cape. He was easily the most popular out of the Star Wars figures. He was also the most expensive.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool. Is that metal leaf paint?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Has the Mandalorian put the squeeze on Boba and Jango Fett parts? C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
Indeed the mandalorian has revived the hype around boba jango and the mandalorian creed, not sure how it impacts on figures as I'm not much into hasbro anymore, but you could easily find parts to customize your figures, I've seen plenty of offers for beskar armor parts, baby yodas, and such, both in 6" and 3.75"

Try twosuns customs, jazzincdiorama, tofujesse, or galaxy3Dcustoms, most of them are on instagram or facebook.

Btw that repaint looks gorgeous, the hasbro mandalorian figure has such a weak paint app it's nowhere near your custom bro!

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks cool. Is that metal leaf paint?

It’s actually metal foil tape from the hardware store. These are early shots. With some care, and a smooth ended tool, I was able to get most of the wrinkles out.
This is more a play project than an actual attempt at a custom, but if I were going to try for a Beskar armor, i think I would go this way.

Re: my original post
I guess I should have mentioned that I wasn’t thinking about being able to make a canon figure. I was thinking more about creating generic Mandalorians, allowing for some artistic freedom. All the parts needed could be re-colored for some unique schemes.
What I meant to ask was: “Will the desire to make Mandalorian figures further raise the price of Boba and Jango parts, making customs harder to justify?”

As always, I would just do it for the fun .

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
blackpool wrote:Indeed the mandalorian has revived the hype around boba jango and the mandalorian creed, not sure how it impacts on figures as I'm not much into hasbro anymore, but you could easily find parts to customize your figures, I've seen plenty of offers for beskar armor parts, baby yodas, and such, both in 6" and 3.75"

Try twosuns customs, jazzincdiorama, tofujesse, or galaxy3Dcustoms, most of them are on instagram or facebook.

Btw that repaint looks gorgeous, the hasbro mandalorian figure has such a weak paint app it's nowhere near your custom bro!

Thanks! My father in law bought me ten rolls of metal tape at the dollar store. I have a lot to use for practice!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That helmet looks great. I don't know how much the Mandalorian has affected prices on mando items but I do know that some of the star wars hasbro/kenner figures I bought some years ago I know see for 5 to 10 dollars more.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Has the Mandalorian put the squeeze on Boba and Jango Fett parts? 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny we're talking about this now and Monkey Depot just parted out the Mythos Boba Fett set.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
GubernatorFan wrote:Funny we're talking about this now and Monkey Depot just parted out the Mythos Boba Fett set.

I saw that as well. I also noticed Toyanxiety doing the same.

The Internet is spying on us. ROFL.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:I saw that as well. I also noticed Toyanxiety doing the same. The Internet is spying on us. ROFL.

Well... it probably has something to do with it just having arrived there... so available to sell in parts...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum