OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A day at the market [Based on Star Wars]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

I was going to originally post this on friday but due to some family issues I did not, thankfully things are back to normal and I managed to get a nice clear day to take some photos of this little scene, while I wait for some more star wars items to arrive I've been putting together some more props and also planning on making on some rebel fighters (after I finish the "last" imperial that is!), I think it's just normal I now dedicate some time to them, I might also make some jedi of this time period but we'll see.  Bellow is a small story of what I would like to call the beginning of rebellion, the start of many rebels which might or not be pictured, I hope you all enjoy.

A day at the market

Today is market day, a small celebration like event where vendors, merchants, traders, smugglers and all sorts of people come from far and wide to sell their wares. It is by all means a celebration, a day where friends and family might get together to see the wares, sell, buy, listen to the bands that might play and have fun, today is by all means special. As you get up from the bed you look around the small dimly lit room you call a home, you get ready to go outside and make your way out and down the narrow stair case into the long and shadowed alleyway, shadowed by the new buildings that seem to hide away the sun behind their sterile facades. You walk past the unsavory kind of this city, spice dealers, prostitutes, gang members and the occasional corrupt security official, you ignore them after all they are the effects of something greater.

As you near the end of the alleyway your ears start to get used to the distant noise, the noise of merchants and buyers arguing about a price, of parents calling their kids, of teens having a good day buying cool things and having fun, of direct words and sharp tongues that command white armored men with hollow eyes... this is main street.  You took some time to look around main street, it was packed with all sorts of people, filled almost to the tops of the buildings with small stalls, tables and large containers turned into shops these people did not pay to set up these, how could they? the main market square was reserved for a few, these where humble people trying to earn a few extra credits today. With that thought you start to follow the multitude walking past stalls with delicious goods, sweet freshly backed pastries, the smell of roasting meats, the unequivocal smell of foreign and exotic fruits, the penetrating and cold stare of the men in white armor.

Walking to the market square seemed to have taken days, the walk was heavy and at many times you thought of turning back and returning, specially when those black soulless eyes stared at you and analyzed your entire being. As you finally crossed the last checkpoint the security officer looked at you and with a nod said "Have a good day in the market today." Have a good day you repeated as you took the final steps into the square, once there you once again stared around, the merchants selling their wares from off world, the strange visitors from all over, the exotic and strange smells of foreign fruits and spices, the calm yet loud noise of the multitude. You looked around once more and then up to the sky, a clear sky yet blocked away by ships, a reminder of how things had changed, a reminder that even tho market day was still going it was different, you looked down into the multitude and saw them, your comrades...With one last nod you reached into your bag and pulled the disposable blaster that you and your compatriots had made, quickly and like a well sharpened vibroblade you cut through the multitude, all of you, you pushed past well pressed uniforms and expensive fabrics, past man and woman, past human and alien, like a knife you and yours seemed to separate the multitude until you reached them, the merchants of this world, the ones that had sold everything including freedom.

With one single pull of the trigger market day was changed, the multitude screamed as they rushed from the square, you and your compatriots dropped their blasters knowing full well that today was the last market day, at least for you. Staring up into the sky you could only hope that this would inspire others to do the same, to rise up and fight the occupation, to not fear the white armored men. You closed your eyes and concentrated on the noise for one last time, the frantic screaming gave way to orders barked by men in perfectly kept uniforms, the clatter of boots and armor as it made its way to the square, sirens and the locking of guns onto your compatriots, market day was over and it is place was Spark Day, the birth of Rebellion.
A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  CsOjSRc
A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  ZsTzn0M
A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  Z9fZiZB
A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  IoEEIay
A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  AooCVS1

Well that's that, this was something fun to put together tho not so fun in keeping all of them standing up, but it was fun perhaps the most fun I've had setting up everything and putting on the props. I made the table and stall out of foam core, the drink dispenser is a soda can with some stuff glued to it, the awning is capable of opening and closing, the baskets inside the stall are made with the plastic grate or "granny grating" I found some months back. Taking photos of this I became tempted with making some more desert wall so I could put it at the ends of something, we'll see if I go around to making it.  For now I hope you all have fun and stay safe out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool story and setup. I would have had no idea that that was a soda can until you mentioned it. Nice reuse of real items. You put a lot of thought into this one scene. Thanks for sharing the result.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is so cool, and I'm intrigued with your imagined version of events. It seems that wall and dio you made is already being put to excellent use. And you continue to be very creative with various old Hasbro parts, which I always appreciate since I try to use them too, when I can. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Great work, as always.

shazzdan

shazzdan
A Star Wars bazaar.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice mass scene, and plenty of neat kitbashing and customizing. Just not a fan of the plot.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice mass scene, and plenty of neat kitbashing and customizing. Just not a fan of the plot.
You mean, glorifying acts of terrorism against noble soldiers bringing civilization to the untamed corners of the galaxy?
Tell that to the people of Alderaan! Well, or the one person left.

Love to see your Dio come to life more and more, like your way of storytelling. Rough bunch you build there. Everyone could be an insurgent or just a peaceful trader. The planet's Gubernator might try to detain them all for public safety, though. I think your aliens would fit in there great, too.

Fun fact: I read this when I was not logged in, the browser turned all 'white armored' into shop links for white T-shirts or white sneakers.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:Really cool story and setup. I would have had no idea that that was a soda can until you mentioned it. Nice reuse of real items. You put a lot of thought into this one scene. Thanks for sharing the result.

Thanks Stryker, that soda can was a blessing, I was struggling with what props to make, a trip to the grocery store helped out.

skywalkersaga wrote:This is so cool, and I'm intrigued with your imagined version of events. It seems that wall and dio you made is already being put to excellent use. And you continue to be very creative with various old Hasbro parts, which I always appreciate since I try to use them too, when I can. Smile

Thanks, I haven't really set up much in terms of story but I'll most likely set it in an outer rim world since I generally do not like to add story to existing worlds regardless if they are canon or not, for now I'll make some rebels which I hope will be based on different weathers. I have plenty of hasbro stuff laying around, my brother and I used to buy a lot of GI Joe back in the day, some stuff is usable other is not.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Great work, as always.
Thank you.

shazzdan wrote:A Star Wars bazaar.
That was the word I was looking for, I blame having come up with the concept for the story after having taken the photos, as originally I was just going to show off the planetary security guy (guy in the blue vest) but it turned into this.

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice mass scene, and plenty of neat kitbashing and customizing. Just not a fan of the plot.

Thanks Gubernator, I also don't like the plot, I'm more of an imperial guy but there's just so much one can do with old hasbro stormtrooper armor, moving onto the rebels seemed like the logical action. Maybe I'll do a rebel roundup once I have them all.

Ovy wrote:
You mean, glorifying acts of terrorism against noble soldiers bringing civilization to the untamed corners of the galaxy?
Tell that to the people of Alderaan! Well, or the one person left.

Love to see your Dio come to life more and more, like your way of storytelling. Rough bunch you build there. Everyone could be an insurgent or just a peaceful trader. The planet's Gubernator might try to detain them all for public safety, though. I think your aliens would fit in there great, too.

Fun fact: I read this when I was not logged in, the browser turned all 'white armored' into shop links for white T-shirts or white sneakers.

That's precisely what I want to do, the not so noble, humble, fighting for his freedom rebel. The whole idea comes from Rogue One, it showed another side, not everyone is idealistic or with a moral compass, some people just want revenge or to rid their planet of the empire at all cost.

Some of those in the picture will be rebels, I know who they are because the merchants / civilians have bend hands and most can't bend their knees (a quick fix for floppy joints, tape). For now all I have is some concepts for them but they will most likely range from a rebel fighter that just started to someone with more experience and gear, kinda how it happens in real life.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! A day at the market  [Based on Star Wars]  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum