OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WWII Japanese Soldier

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WWII Japanese Soldier  Empty WWII Japanese Soldier Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

For today I present to you guys my "WWII Japanese soldier", a figure I made some time ago using a variety of pieces to get the look (kinda like hollywood but without the millions). I made this figure after looking  21st century toys japanese soldier, as far as I know it's quite rare, back then when I searched I found one going for around 90 dollars unboxed which I personally didn't feel like paying for so I didn't buy it. Fast forward a couple of years ago to 2014 or something I searched for "1/6 scale uniforms" and on a chinese seller I found the japanese uniform so I bought it and started to see how I could make my own 21st century toys japanese soldier.  Long story short I went for close to what a japanese soldier could look like, I made the pouches myself and slightly modified a chinese PLA helmet otherwise the rest is just random bits thrown in a fashion that makes him look accurate to most people that know nothing about the period.

WWII Japanese Soldier  STfhj8L
WWII Japanese Soldier  JkS57QU
WWII Japanese Soldier  V0KaGL4
WWII Japanese Soldier  MtnaMmL

I wish I had some matching hands but sadly I don't,I thought of giving some sort of bracelet or watch but I wasn't too sure about it. The rifle is one of these chinese weapons puzzle kits, it's not great but also not terrible, at least it looks like a rifle. Additionally theres also that tiny preview of my new backdrop, a more urban one.
Well I hope you all have a nice weekend and stay safe out there, unless you are in a similar situation to mine in which case stay safe inside and avoid sharp corners.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WWII Japanese Soldier  1f60e

2WWII Japanese Soldier  Empty Re: WWII Japanese Soldier Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m not familiar with the Japanese uniforms of the period, but I like what you’ve managed to cobble together. Thanks for sharing, and stay safe.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WWII Japanese Soldier  C8485110

3WWII Japanese Soldier  Empty Re: WWII Japanese Soldier Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:50 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Wow great work on the pouches. I think it totally works as a 'Hollywood Soldier'.

Also when I think of Japanese soldiers in the Pacific, I imagine them wearing those sun protection/sweat rag thingies  hanging from their helmets to cover their necks.

Stay safe sir!

4WWII Japanese Soldier  Empty Re: WWII Japanese Soldier Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know next to nothing about modern Japanese military uniforms, but I second Stryker in liking this as is. There have been a few nice modern Japanese sets -- and some of these pieces probably come from one of them. Nice work and thank you for sharing.

5WWII Japanese Soldier  Empty Re: WWII Japanese Soldier Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m not familiar with the Japanese uniforms of the period, but I like what you’ve managed to cobble together. Thanks for sharing, and stay safe.

Thanks Stryker, I don't think I'm capable of replicating one very accurately which is why I called it "hollywood style", it looks like it but upon closer inspection it isn't. And I'll be staying safe, I just hope I don't run out of materials for making my backdrops.

Ovy wrote:Wow great work on the pouches. I think it totally works as a 'Hollywood Soldier'.

Also when I think of Japanese soldiers in the Pacific, I imagine them wearing those sun protection/sweat rag thingies  hanging from their helmets to cover their necks.

Stay safe sir!

Thanks Ovy, those pouches are the best ones to come out of at least 4, that much I remember. I know what you are talking about, its a cap with a sun shade, it was as far as I know used under the helmet sometimes so that the sun won't bake their necks, I saw the 21st century one loose but I didn't get it, I'll try to get a cloth one later on.

GubernatorFan wrote:I know next to nothing about modern Japanese military uniforms, but I second Stryker in liking this as is. There have been a few nice modern Japanese sets -- and some of these pieces probably come from one of them. Nice work and thank you for sharing.

Thanks Gubernator, I'm by no means and expert and my knowledge of the Japanese army during WWII is quite minimal, I used a lot of reference photos in order to put together this guy.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WWII Japanese Soldier  1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum