OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Diana

I caved. I'm getting the S37A (body with yellow bikini).

skywalkersaga

Will of course be curious to see how it turns out. Smile

I keep hoping they will put out the Kier-style body at some point, but we shall see...

Diana

skywalkersaga wrote:Will of course be curious to see how it turns out. Smile
An unboxing video will be made. Smile

GeeWillikers

These are now 'in-stock' at GianToy...
https://giantoy.com/products/pre-order-1-6-tbleague-anime-girls-s36a-s37a-pale-seamless-body?variant=32264238628927

I'm still not sure if I'll take the risk on one of these yet, but at least they aren't floppy-footed.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:These are now 'in-stock' at GianToy...
Oh yay! I ordered mine from KG, along with two more bodies (in the same order  Rolling Eyes ), so I'm really looking forward to this package! bounce

gooboo

I don't plan on getting one of these myself, but I do hope anyone here who gets one posts pictures so I can see it.

meow

I bought the body to the S37 and I thought one of my spare head would fit but it seems everything is smaller in this one .. and now I have a headless body, does anyone know if or where you can get the original head shown or one that actually fits properly?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
meow wrote:I bought the body to the S37 and I thought one of my spare head would fit but it seems everything is smaller in this one .. and now I have a headless body, does anyone know if or where you can get the original head shown or one that actually fits properly?

You could try a YMToys head, as many of them seem to be a bit undersized.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
interested in seeing how these turned out if anyone has any in hand pics. If I read correctly, your options are Pale and....pale? 28 cm tall, is that from bottom of feet to neck peg or top of head? I always get so confused with the measurements haha. I guess I'm asking is this a shorter body or regular sized body.

Diana

Diana
Mine is on the way and I will definitely post pics.
I hope the standard heads will fit, regardless of whether they look the appropriate size?

31accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 Empty S37A Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 pm

meow

Thanks mark I will look into it .. here are some pics to compare.. also I came to the conclusion that if you use a different neck connector it will work.. though I still think the bigger heads look ackward..

photos.app.goo.gl/oF1HCderv6GfzbiF6

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
meow wrote:Thanks mark I will look into it .. here are some pics to compare.. also I came to the conclusion that if you use a different neck connector it will work.. though I still think the bigger heads look ackward..

Link isn’t working...

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
meow wrote:I bought the body to the S37 and I thought one of my spare head would fit but it seems everything is smaller in this one .. and now I have a headless body, does anyone know if or where you can get the original head shown or one that actually fits properly?

As Stryker says, YMToys heads are often (but not always!) undersized.

This is a nice enough smaller one:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2182-new-product-ymtoys-1-6-hair-beauty-beauty-head-carved-anna-anna-ymt026?highlight=ymtoys

(scroll down for in-hand pics)

34accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 Empty link Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:20 pm

meow

Stryker2011 wrote:
meow wrote:Thanks mark I will look into it .. here are some pics to compare.. also I came to the conclusion that if you use a different neck connector it will work.. though I still think the bigger heads look ackward..

Link isn’t working...

sorry try this

h t t p s : / / avagato.com/S37A/

sorry can't post link just yet

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
meow wrote:h t t p s : / / avagato.com/S37A/

sorry can't post link just yet

Thanks for those, I hope you don't mind me re-posting them here for convenience...

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 20200917_220955-1024x768

Oh... now that is annoying. Why would they do that with the hand (and I assume feet) pegs?

Seems like another reason not to buy one. Neutral

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 20200918_113052

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 20200918_113115

Hm. Seems like a 24/25 that's been stretched on a rack.

I'll wait for Diana's pics before I make a final decision, but this body is becoming more of a 'no' for me with every new thing I discover about it.

meow

yes all the joints are smaller, feet, hand and head... is why I was having trouble with the head.. but as I said with the right size head connectors it won't wobble.. also I found the clothes don't fit as nicely cause of her much smaller shoulders ..the orange top on the one next to her and the grey top are the same size but you can see how different they fit .. I had dress set aside for her .. but it looked more like a nighty when I threw it on .. so leggings was my only way. don't get me wrong I like the doll, but I wish I would of got the head and save me some head-ache <-- lol .. I think FG makes some of their things slightly small which would be great for her

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Not sure why TBL seems to be making so many backward steps as far as their bodies go... this is a bummer.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
On the plus side, one of those YMToys heads linked to above might look OK on it, certainly more in proportion than that Tariah head anyway. My only worry is that the proportions of that body are so unrealistic to begin with, I don't know if any non-anime head would look entirely right on it.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GeeWillikers wrote:

Oh... now that is annoying. Why would they do that with the hand (and I assume feet) pegs?

Seems like another reason not to buy one. Neutral

Hm. Seems like a 24/25 that's been stretched on a rack.

I'll wait for Diana's pics before I make a final decision, but this body is becoming more of a 'no' for me with every new thing I discover about it.

I have to agree, I was curious, but now I am thinking "I have no ideas that would work with this." Also, note the 1/12th body there. The arm width is nearly the same it looks like from that angle! How tiny did they make this???

GeeWillikers wrote:My only worry is that the proportions of that body are so unrealistic to begin with, I don't know if any non-anime head would look entirely right on it.

I'm not sure what anime character would even remotely look good on this body. One Piece has the closest characters to that body type, and some 1/6th figure sets, but even then...

Meow (the name is great btw!) thank you for the pics and saving me a good $70!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
MeMyself&I wrote: I was curious, but now I am thinking "I have no ideas that would work with this." Also, note the 1/12th body there. The arm width is nearly the same it looks like from that angle! How tiny did they make this???

Yeah... I mean, I could work with something thinner and more gangly and please God less busty than TBL's 'norm' (a tallish skinny body would be great for a one-off character)... but not this disproportionate.

But then anime has no appeal for me, so I guess I'm not their target market to begin with here.

But please, TBL, now that you've got this one out of your system - less of this kind of thing please.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That arm looks even smaller than a s25b, crazy! I had figured the proportions would be unrealistic, but seeing it with the regular tbleague head makes it even more obvious. Even though it's the same height as the regular tbleagues, it still manages to feel like a completely different scale. Hopefully there's a head out there that will work. My main concern would be finding one that has a matching skintone...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
skywalkersaga wrote:That arm looks even smaller than a s25b, crazy! I had figured the proportions would be unrealistic, but seeing it with the regular tbleague head makes it even more obvious. Even though it's the same height as the regular tbleagues, it still manages to feel like a completely different scale. Hopefully there's a head out there that will work. My main concern would be finding one that has a matching skintone...

If, and that is a BIG if, I do end up getting one of these down the line, I will have to get the version with the head sculpt. Perhaps then I could do like what I did with my custom Kasumi and just get rid of the hair and do whatever I wanted. It isn't super daunting now that I've done it, it just takes a lot of time I don't always have.

Is anyone getting one with the included head sculpt?

meow

MeMyself&I wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:That arm looks even smaller than a s25b, crazy! I had figured the proportions would be unrealistic, but seeing it with the regular tbleague head makes it even more obvious. Even though it's the same height as the regular tbleagues, it still manages to feel like a completely different scale. Hopefully there's a head out there that will work. My main concern would be finding one that has a matching skintone...

If, and that is a BIG if, I do end up getting one of these down the line, I will have to get the version with the head sculpt. Perhaps then I could do like what I did with my custom Kasumi and just get rid of the hair and do whatever I wanted. It isn't super daunting now that I've done it, it just takes a lot of time I don't always have.

Is anyone getting one with the included head sculpt?

I personally like the head and if I was to get another one I would get it with the head rather then trying to figure out what works and what doesn't and yes you can do a lot with a head that already works..

I added 2 more pictures to the original link from the neck so you can see better how much difference there is on the stem

Diana

Diana
Oh wow, I can't wait to get mine. Sadly KGHobby only sent it off a few days ago and it's still in HK. I am expecting it within 10 days.

Is Tariah pale? I'm surprised the colours match so well, at least in the photo. I have a pale YMT016 Ming at the ready and I'm hoping a little BluTack will take care of the head connection for me.

I am getting this with two more bodies, so I will be having a photo shoot with all of my head sculpts. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:Oh wow, I can't wait to get mine. Sadly KGHobby only sent it off a few days ago and it's still in HK. I am expecting it within 10 days.

Is Tariah pale? I'm surprised the colours match so well, at least in the photo. I have a pale YMT016 Ming at the ready and I'm hoping a little BluTack will take care of the head connection for me.

I am getting this with two more bodies, so I will be having a photo shoot with all of my head sculpts. Smile

The Tariah h/s is *officially* suntan, but I have two (they're ridiculously cheap on ebay) and one of them is light enough to sort of work on a pale body under the right lighting conditions (if at that price these heads turn out to be knock-offs, then they're good ones).

I'm glad you're still looking forward to getting yours, I don't think I'll have any use for one though. It's annoying (for me) as it could just about pass for an overly-tall and skinny teen/YA character if those boobs, hips and waist weren't so ridiculously out of proportion.

Diana

Diana
She arrived. I’ll follow up with more photos and more heads but here is a quick preview with Ming and Anna by YMToys, my smallest heads:

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 1f0bcf10
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 A2521510

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
AerynDiana wrote:She arrived. I’ll follow up with more photos and more heads but here is a quick preview with Ming and Anna by YMToys, my smallest heads:

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 1f0bcf10
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 A2521510

Those heads REALY accentuate the weird proportions of those bodies. Are the feet really that disproportioned?

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 girl anime S36 / S37 "small waist fine" body - Page 2 S37_ed10[/url]

A quick edit of what it may look like with a roughly 8% smaller head just to see if it can work or not.

Hope you don't mind my using your photo to do so Diana.

Nekk-ra

Wow. It doesn't even look like a 1/6 figure. It's the same height, but seems more 1/7 or 8th scaled. Bizarre.

Wonder if the Furiosa or Scully heads would work on that body, since they are infamously underscaled.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum