OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Conversation With Kamiko, aka An Exercise In Futility (picture essay)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ThePhotogsBlog

GubernatorFan wrote:Well, everything looks corrected, but I was a little confused by the new style of balloons, with the initial words below the ones that follow (yes, I get it, they are closest to the mouth of the speaker, but we expect things to proceed from up to down, even more so than from left to right -- just ask the Ancient Egyptians).

I don't always get it entirely right, but here are some examples:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1076-star-wars-christmas-revised-edition?highlight=star+wars+christmas (the "Thank you, we'll let you know. Next!" part in the first set was consistently in the wrong spot, so that would be an example of what to avoid, although it would have been difficult to put it anywhere else unless one had foreseen the issue before starting the photo shoot in the first place; I did better in the subsequent sets.)

To avoid the issue with the placement and sequence of the balloons, I've also experimented with "excerpts" from a fake script, as in here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2799-star-wars-the-further-adventures-of-darth-maul-part-i

See if you like it better now.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I think it's definitely less confusing.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

All the way from Buenos Aires? that's quite the trip and then Kamiko drops all her sass at you, kinda feel bad for panzer britches. 😉

ThePhotogsBlog

Theboo-bomb wrote:All the way from Buenos Aires? that's quite the trip and then Kamiko drops all her sass at you, kinda feel bad for panzer britches. 😉

The implication here is that they are descendants of Nazis who fled to South America, particularly Argentina after WWII.  The "Blondes from Buenos Aires" is s play on "The Boys From Brazil." In an earlier, extended version of the script, Erika explains that she first fled to South America when Germany crumbled and hoped to make a life there, but things soon even worse in South America and so she and some cousins and the descendants of other expatriates essentially commandeered (or hi-jacked) a jet and had it flown to New Mexico.

Ovy

Ovy
I think secret evil submarine bases on both Americas' shores would make sense too. Or James Bond Villain underwater basesm

Oh and about Bond being sadistic, I meant the one liners after kills. That's actually pretty dark. But I loved it as a kid. Very Happy

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:I think secret evil submarine bases on both Americas' shores would make sense too. Or James Bond Villain underwater basesm

Oh and about Bond being sadistic, I meant the one liners after kills. That's actually pretty dark. But I loved it as a kid. Very Happy

Yeah, this supposedly post apocalyptic story seems to be turning into a sort of James Bondish type of story....

On this note, I've been thinking of maybe getting a Hitler head sculpt and putting it on to some sort of fifties-ish robot body in order to create a cybernetic Hitler created by Nazi scientists in South America....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Ovy wrote:I think secret evil submarine bases on both Americas' shores would make sense too. Or James Bond Villain underwater basesm

Yeah, this supposedly post apocalyptic story seems to be turning into a sort of James Bondish type of story....

On this note, I've been thinking of maybe getting a Hitler head sculpt and putting it on to some sort of fifties-ish robot body in order to create a cybernetic Hitler created by Nazi scientists in South America....

Have you seen this head sculpt? Perfect for a cybernetic Adolf:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2782-new-product-ape-xingshi-1-6-world-ape-head-steel-ape-head-carving-sjyt-001

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Conversation With Kamiko, aka An Exercise In Futility (picture essay)  - Page 2 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Have you seen this head sculpt? Perfect for a cybernetic Adolf:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2782-new-product-ape-xingshi-1-6-world-ape-head-steel-ape-head-carving-sjyt-001

I think I did see it once but had forgotten about it. I was inspired by the 28mm Copplestone miniature

https://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/prod.php?prod=279

They have some loose Hitler head sculpts at Monkey Depot right now, but the one you pointed out is just hilariously inhuman and hits all the bases.

Ovy

Ovy
Who says you have to stay in the borders of defined genres, I think a 60/70s Post Apocalyptic James Bond style world sounds very fresh.

I can also totally imagine you making a badass Post Apocalyptic Bond Style Intro, featuring tbleague bodies and Kimonos lighted by slide- and film projectors, stencils, high contrast stripes and silhouettes dancing in front of burning oil fields and post apocalyptic city scapes.
Of course with a fitting song from Shirley Basses, Sheryl Crow, Tom Jones, or a Beatle.
Or just go full Archer.

By the way, which villain settings do you prefer, thosre megalomaniacs who want to rule the world or more down to earth, realistic villains? The Bond Movies seem to jump between those two types if I remember correctly.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:
Who says you have to stay in the borders of defined genres, I think a 60/70s Post Apocalyptic James Bond style world sounds very fresh.

I can also totally imagine you making a badass Post Apocalyptic Bond Style Intro, featuring tbleague bodies and Kimonos lighted by slide- and film projectors, stencils, high contrast stripes and silhouettes dancing in front of burning oil fields and post apocalyptic city scapes.
Of course with a fitting song from Shirley Basses, Sheryl Crow, Tom Jones, or a Beatle.
Or just go full Archer.

By the way, which villain settings do you prefer, thosre megalomaniacs who want to rule the world or more down to earth, realistic villains? The Bond Movies seem to jump between those two types if I remember correctly.

My favorite James Bond villains in order:

Auric Goldfinger: Goldfinger

Dr. Julius No: Dr No

Ernst Stavro Blofeld: Donald Pleasance, You Only Live Twice

Emilio Largo: Thunderball

Francisco Scaramanga: The Man With The Golden Gun

Rosa Klebb: From Russia With Love

So with the exception of Blofeld, who's face we first see in "You Only Live Twice," clearly the more down to earth types. Important to note also, that "You Only Live Twice" is the first film in which world domination is at stake, but not the first film featuring SPECTRE.

Kamiko's favorite song is "Bad Moon Rising," by CCR.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Ovy wrote:

Or just go full Archer.

Your idea of mixing genre's has merits. Also, I think I would go the "Full Archer," and mix a lot of 60's styles and props with the ultra modern.

I think this outfit for instance, though not necessarily in that colour, would make a suitable outfit for a villain's all female security force

https://giantoy.com/collections/female-clothes/products/in-stock-1-6-scale-tym-tym024-stockings-accessories

Especially if supplemented by these boots

https://giantoy.com/collections/shoes/products/in-stock-1-6-scale-zytoys-zy1019-hollow-mid-calf-boots-accessories?variant=31282980880447

And possibly a white or black belt and holster, a WWII era pistol such as a P38 and a WWII era or Cold War era submachinegun. Maybe also a helmet, with a custom paint and/or decal job.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Poor Ericka!  I think she may have showed up outgunned for a battle of wits.  And her grandfather must have had quite the figure for her to fill out his old uniform so nicely (Kidding!  I'm sure she's made some modifications).  The photo are just gorgeous as always.  And I'm a big fan of the Boys from Brazil reference, and in general, the allusion to the Nazis that escaped to South America.  Such a fun photo story.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:Poor Ericka!  I think she may have showed up outgunned for a battle of wits.  And her grandfather must have had quite the figure for her to fill out his old uniform so nicely (Kidding!  I'm sure she's made some modifications).  The photo are just gorgeous as always.  And I'm a big fan of the Boys from Brazil reference, and in general, the allusion to the Nazis that escaped to South America.  Such a fun photo story.

Thanks. Not many can match wits or witicisms with Kamiko, and when it comes to sarcasm, she's the queen. My only regret is that I had to cut down the script about two thirds from it's original version in which Kamiko is much more annoying and forces the conversation far more often than in this little set of images, but that would have required more than twice as many pictures....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Poor Ericka!  I think she may have showed up outgunned for a battle of wits.  And her grandfather must have had quite the figure for her to fill out his old uniform so nicely (Kidding!  I'm sure she's made some modifications).  The photo are just gorgeous as always.  And I'm a big fan of the Boys from Brazil reference, and in general, the allusion to the Nazis that escaped to South America.  Such a fun photo story.

Thanks. Not many can match wits or witicisms with Kamiko, and when it comes to sarcasm, she's the queen.   My only regret is that I had to cut down the script about two thirds from it's original version in which Kamiko is much more annoying and forces the conversation far more often than in this little set of images, but that would have required more than twice as many pictures....

I for one would like to see more photos and the longer script. I know it’s a lot more work, but don’t feel you can’t share everything you want. People will look (or not) if they want.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Conversation With Kamiko, aka An Exercise In Futility (picture essay)  - Page 2 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Thanks. Not many can match wits or witicisms with Kamiko, and when it comes to sarcasm, she's the queen.   My only regret is that I had to cut down the script about two thirds from it's original version in which Kamiko is much more annoying and forces the conversation far more often than in this little set of images, but that would have required more than twice as many pictures....

I for one would like to see more photos and the longer script. I know it’s a lot more work, but don’t feel you can’t share everything you want. People will look (or not) if they want.

I didn't actually have enough photos to do that longer script, so I would have to shoot it all over again. I might someday, if I get around to building an indoor set that's less subject to changing moods of the weather.

DarthJ

Find the correct pronounciation of the German "Tomate" here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHx3lWQjNWM

... before it turns to ketchup Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum