OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
A couple more shots; I steamed the silk over-cape straight (it's very delicate), and it's nicely designed, and has the same leaf clasp that the elven cloaks she gave to the Fellowship, but the opening for the head is so tight there was no way for me to get it over her head. Very disappointing. And the clasp doesn't come undone without breaking the stitching that holds it in place. Here's another couple of pictures.

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 _dsc3367
NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 _dsc3368

skywalkersaga

She looks gorgeous! It's a rare figure that looks so much better than the promo pics. And I absolutely love the lighting!

Regarding the cloak, can you pull her head off and put the cloak on, and then put the head back on again?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Gorgeous indeed.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice, Mark, glad you got it and are happy. Perhaps it was easier for them to sculpt and paint the rings separately, especially if they are using third-party bodies.

I hadn’t actually thought of that, but you could be right.

Delanie wrote:I don't know if my previous post got through but hey.

I think i'll swap her body out if I can find a compatible one. |I think the H/S looks better than the one shown in the original pictures.

Glad you got yours still waiting for mine

Thanks, it is a really nice figure — cape issues aside; and the mediocre body.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oh she did turn out quite nice! I didn't like how the front of the hair looked in the promo pics, but it looks better in hand.

Would love to see pics of yours, too, Delanie, once she arrives. : )

skywalkersaga wrote:She looks gorgeous! It's a rare figure that looks so much better than the promo pics. And I absolutely love the lighting!

Regarding the cloak, can you pull her head off and put the cloak on, and then put the head back on again?

Thanks, S. I tried that, but I’d have to stuff all the hair through the opening, and honestly trying to not mess with it too much, as I’m afraid of making it a tangled mess.

GubernatorFan wrote:Gorgeous indeed.

Thanks, Ian.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, ok, sorry, I guess I am just not picturing the cloak accurately inmy  mind. It's understandable you wouldn't want to risk messing up her hair, though I didn't think it would have to go through the opening? Perhaps if you ever decided to switch her to a different body, that would be a chance to try it.

This is the look I was thinking of... but perhaps it's a different cloak design?

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 755268e3e871f2c213a20c8f425185de

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Delanie

Delanie
Hi, I finally received my figures from Asmus the other day , Galadriel and Gandalf. 

Concerning Galadriel I love the figure and the props. Her outfit is great and with the right lighting should display brilliantly, maybe get frodo or sam to go with the display.

She does however have one fault as mentioned above, her ankle joints, and given she is supposed to be barefoot this is a bit of a biggie in my opinion. She has 3-4 mm gap between her foot and body which means the 'peg' can be seen, although this is covered most times by her gown I know its there.

Does anyone have any suggestions about invisibly covering this up or alternatively assuming I could strip her down without damaging the outfit which body do people suggest, shes 11" tall with HS slim and pale.

On another note for all you crafty people out there I want to make her headress does anyone have any suggestion on how to craft this?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I saw a “crown”, or whatever it’s called made from crafting wire, but I imagine it would be tricky finding wire thin enough to be twisted and bent over without actually breaking since the crown is so delicate.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 C8485110

Delanie

Delanie
my thoughts exactly Mark I'm still going to have a go having bought some 0.5mm and 0.3 mm wire list night its going to have to rely on twisting (cue for a song?) because I don't think I can solder this wire as it's coated

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
There is some thin and super soft wire out there, although how successfully it can be twisted into a delicate shape remains to be seen.

Delanie

Delanie
I've been playing with ways to display Galadriel as I'm back at my home for a while. 

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 IFJPGf5

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 HxN0lKQ

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 GHl4sOr

next job is Gandalf not sure how to use his base (suggestion?)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful photos and the diorama environment is pretty cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Asmus Collectibles: 1/6 scale The Lord of the Rings: Galadriel - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
Very nice, I do like the extra foliage and grass! I feel like I'm in the forest where that scene takes place.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great photos, Delanie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum