OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

I'm seeing this one showing up 'in-hand'... so looks like it is shipping or will be very soon.

Anyone (other than Stryker) end up getting one?

Delanie

I'm waiting for machinegun to get them in

skywalkersaga

Delanie wrote:I'm waiting for machinegun to get them in

Good luck, hope they get them this time!

Which coat colour are you hoping to get?

skywalkersaga

I've had a couple of these for a while, but hadn't gotten around to sharing any pics.

Here's the 'golden' version:

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26534710

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26638610

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26736210

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26709410

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26618010

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26597310

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26620110

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26627510

And here's the bay ('dark brown') version:

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26731110

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26516010

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26614610

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26619110

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26621310

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26803110

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26664210

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 26741410

Both of these are taken just straight after unboxing. In my opinion, these Mr. Z horse models look best in daylight. They can look good in artificial lighting too, but the daylight seems to bring out the best in them and make their coats seem more realistic. I was not overly impressed with either of the coat colours when I first opened them, but in the sunlight they looked much better.

I'm still not sure if I will keep both of them, and I'm also trying to decide if I want to purchase the bright bay ('red brown') version or not as well (assuming I can find it as they seem to be selling out now). I'm rather picky about horse coat colours, and while these are both passable, I may eventually do some touch-up repainting, as well as some re-hairing of the mane and tail with natural fibers. But for now, they will do. : )

Likewise, there are some minor issues I have with the pose itself, but it is still much better than most other 1/6 horse models out there, so I'm ok with it. I think this model looks best when under saddle and with a rider on top of it. When it's just by itself, it looks a little strange, mostly because the set of the lips and teeth look like it should have a bit in its mouth. The pose also makes more sense if the horse is being pulled up by the reins. Eventually I'll kitbash some riders, but I just don't have the time/money for that right now.

I also got the Mr. Z Thoroughbred in black -- I haven't had a chance to fix it's mane yet, but when I do, I'll post some pics of that one, too. : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice horsies and nice photos. I will take your word on how realistic the sculpt and pose. Luckily, Mr Z provides reins and saddles, unless of course one wants to go for a different look.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They look really good in your photos, sky.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Stryker! I like them a lot. Very Happy I'd say this model and the Mr. Z Thoroughbred are the best 'regular' 1/6 horses since the Yii. If anything, the Akhal-Teke may even have the advantage for dioramas and photoshoots since it has such a dynamic pose and looks great with a rider.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Oooh those are so pretty!! I love the bay version especially, even though I expected to prefer the golden one more.

I recently caved and bought two 1/12 horses: The Ili and the Hanoverian. I probably would have bought the golden Ili, but it was sold out on space (thank you for the recommendation!) and I thought the brown version might be more realistic for an Ili anyway. I got the bay (dark brown) Hanoverian.

I was also slightly disappointed by the colors and am not sure I'll keep them, but haven't looked at them in daylight. An outdoor photo session is clearly needed. Smile

3Afr

3Afr
While waiting for the JXK version, some photos of my MRZ-03 version with a figure, for size comparison... I really like this very fine horse. accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 20231211
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 20231212
accessory - NEW PRODUCT: Mr. Z: 1/6th simulation animal No. 48 Akhal-teke Golden Horse (Blood Sweat BMW)-Full set of 6 colors - Page 2 20231210

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Fine animal indeed.

Diana

Diana
I'm always happy to see photos of this beautiful model. I love you

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is one of my fave horses Mr. Z have done so far, it's very versatile. Smile

I need to try to pick up another one sometime when I can track one down...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum