OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
Brand: JXK
Name: 1/6 Akhal Tejin Horse
Item number: JXK208A/B/C
Weight: 1510g (subject to actual factory shipment)
Material: resin, cloth, metal
Size: 39×10×33cm (length×width) × height)
Packing box: 51 × 37 × 26.5cm (length × width × height)
Order cut-off time: January 15, 2024
Shipping time: 2nd quarter of 2024
Notes: B/C models come with a free saddle rack
List: JXK208A: Akhal Teke
horse × 1 JXK208B: Akhal Teke
horse × 1, saddlery (saddle stand included
) No.JXK208A/B/C Product weight: 1510g (The final weight of the product is subject to factory shipment) Material: Resin, Cloth, Metal Product size:39(L) × 10(W) × 33(H)cm Packing box size:51(L) × 37(W) × 26.5(H) cm Preorder is available before: 15.1.2024 Release in: Second quarter of 2024 selling point: B/C style Give away the Saddle rack Package list: JXK208A: Akhal-teke horses × 1 JXK208B: Akhal-teke horses × 1, Horse gear (Give away the Saddle rack) × 1 JXK208C: Horse gear (Give away the Saddle rack) × 1 ブランド: JXK name: 1/6 Akhal Jiekinma Product Specification: JXK208A/B/C Weight: 1510g (Factory Outload Standard) Material: Resin, cloth, metal Stainless steel: 39×10×33cm (Length×Width×Height) Packing box: 51 x37 _ _ _ _ _ × 1 JXK208B : Ahal Te Golden Horse

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0187
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0288
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0386
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0486
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0583
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0683
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0781
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0880
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 0977
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 10173
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 11165
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 12162
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 13156
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 14142
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 15137
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 16121
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 17109
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 1896
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 1986
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2075
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2167
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2256
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2347
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2443
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2540
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2634
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2731
NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 2828

#JXK #AkhalTeke #horse #animal

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I've been wishing for a nice relatively neutrally posed horse for a while now. It may be the specific breed, but I don't know what to make of this. What do our horse experts think?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Mr. z did these guys already, but if the price is reasonable, I may get another.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 1f10

Diana

Diana
To me the snout looks more like that of Jar Jar Binks! And the neck seems a little long?
But the pose is useful and everything else looks good to me.

davidd

davidd
Diana wrote:To me the snout looks more like that of Jar Jar Binks!

lol! Exactly what I was thinking! Glad it wasn't just me!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, it's a specific breed, with more elongated head and pointier mouth area. Perhaps a little farther removed from what we consider a "classic" look for a horse. For me that would be Mr Z's "Hanoverian," undersized or not.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Ughh! Now I can’t unsee that awful character, Diana. Thanks for ruining it for me.

Just kidding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was trying to figure out what to say about this one.... well.... my initial impression is 'eh'.

First of all, it doesn't actually strike me as an Akhal-Teke, and that is at least in part due to the extremely thick mane and luxurious tail. Akhal-Tekes have very sparse, barely-there manes and tails. Plus the coat colour options don't exactly shout 'Akhal-Teke', either, other than maybe the cremello, but even that coat colour would have a lot more chrome (shine) to it. And speaking of the coat, the overly emphasised coat hairs give the impression of a thicker coat, which is also innaccurate for the breed.

Secondly, the horse model itself is just ...so mediocre. There are some anatomical issues that stand out to me in the shape and stance. As others have noted, the head is a bit odd looking, even for the breed. I can't even tell if the neck is ok because the mane is covering it (which makes me suspicious that it's not).

For reference, here's a photo of a cremello Akhal-Teke.

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 1079b7fa62a1af9ae1e6ef141afc88a7

They are highly unique looking horses, but they still definitely look like horses...not Star Wars aliens. Razz

The Mr. Z Akhal-Teke is 1000x better than this one. And while Mr. Z blows most 1/6 horse models away, this one isn't exactly the best JXK horse model out there, either. There are several others I can think of that are nicer and more convincing than this one. But if you want an Akhal-Teke, the Mr. Z is the best option. This one doesn't even come close.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the detailed review, Sky. I had the inkling that something was wrong, but wasn't sure, and am glad you were able to apply your knowledge and experience to putting this through a proper analysis. Looking at your beautiful example of the breed, I note that the tail is not quite sparse but certainly the tail, mane, and coat do look shorter than what we see with the figure. And the head, well, it is palpably less elongated and less sharp at the mouth end than that of the figure, which is what seems to be turning most of us off.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Glad to help.

And I would say the tail on this breed can be somewhat 'sparse' compared to other breeds of horses, if that makes sense. : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Glad to help.

And I would say the tail on this breed can be somewhat 'sparse' compared to other breeds of horses, if that makes sense. : )
Yes, it does. And not as curly/permed as what the figure sports. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
I learn so much about horses in this hobby haha. Thank you sky Smile

I'm not gonna get it, not a fan of the head and the mane. The latter makes it look like a typical unicorn somehow (isn't it funny to say typical unicorn when talking about a fantasy creature?)

I'm more fan of the "typical" horses we know, like Ian said: Hanoverian horse for example. That is enough horse for a non-horse expert Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think the added 'real' mane and tail is just a misguided attempt at giving a poor/mediocre model a bit more 'realism', lol. But yeah, if you want a realistic 1/6 horse model, avoid this one. It's not the worst that's out there, but there are far better.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the mass-produced 1/6 horses that are most suitable as mounts for 1/6 figures:

Mr. Z

- Yili horse (sold out)
- Mongolian horse (sold out)
- Hanoverian horse
- Thoroughbred
- Ahkal-Teke
- Shire horse (both versions, suitable as fantasy mount)

JXK

- Mongolian horse (not as good as Mr Z version, but could work for smaller historical mounts)
- Cavalry horse (not sure what it's called, it comes with tack and is in a neutral stance)

These are just my personal picks. There are quite a few other Mr. Z horses out there that are decent/nice, but they either too specific to be used as general mounts or just aren't appealing to me for whatever reason.

There are also possibly others that i've forgotten about at the moment.. ;p

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for your list! Smile Always helpful

Yili horse or a bigger Hanoverian would be an instant buy from me. But both aren't options sadly.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
You didn't like the Thoroughbred? That one is a decent one for a neutral stance. It is fairly tall, but not so much to be unrealistic.

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:You didn't like the Thoroughbred? That one is a decent one for a neutral stance. It is fairly tall, but not so much to be unrealistic.

Yeah I don't know why I didn't get that one. I ordered a Duweime Horse instead. (Despite of what I just said in this thread) Not sure I will keep that one but at the time I liked it.
And I didn't want too many horses either.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the list, Sky.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:You didn't like the Thoroughbred? That one is a decent one for a neutral stance. It is fairly tall, but not so much to be unrealistic.

Yeah I don't know why I didn't get that one. I ordered a Duweime Horse instead. (Despite of what I just said in this thread) Not sure I will keep that one but at the time I liked it.
And I didn't want too many horses either.

That's understandable.

Idk if you saw it in the original thread, but here are my photos of the black Thoroughbred (I treated the hair with clear wax so it was not as fluffy):

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 30026110

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 29900210

NEW PRODUCT: JXK - Akhal Teke Horse JXK208A/B/C 29896510

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah I remember these pics. You did a great job with the wax. Especially like the last pic, it looks like a real horse with that background where you are hiding the scale.

As a non horse expert I do have a little bit of a problem with the wavy hair (for my use cases). I just like straighter hair like on the Yili - just because it looks more like a ideal horse...horse to me lol Razz But I know the other Thouroubreds have different hair. Maybe will be getting one in the future

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Yeah I remember these pics. You did a great job with the wax. Especially like the last pic, it looks like a real horse with that background where you are hiding the scale.

As a non horse expert I do have a little bit of a problem with the wavy hair (for my use cases). I just like straighter hair like on the Yili - just because it looks more like a ideal horse...horse to me lol Razz  But I know the other Thouroubreds have different hair. Maybe will be getting one in the future

Aw, thanks! And yeah, i mean, that is fair, the wavy hair isn't necessarily characteristic of every single breed of horse, but it's also not unheard of. You can see it in Friesians, coloured cobs, halfingers, some Andalusians, and others. But not every breed will have that genetic possibility. The reason these companies are using wavy hair is because they are using what looks like tibetan lamb hair, which ONLY comes in wavy or cury texture. If they wanted extremely straight hair, they'd have to use something else (like mohair, which is much more expensive). They do have the synthetic 'fur' that they use on some of the other models, but imo this is not very realistic looking -- it's too short and stands up at weird angles. The tail on those is particuarly 'off' because the hairs are not all the same length. It just doesn't look realistic.

In my opinion, the only way to get your ideal horse mane is to re-hair it yourself! Lynkhart is an expert at making incredible custom model horses, and she gave me some tips on this, I just haven't had a chance to try it out on these 1/6 horses yet. But what i would do is get either the Akhal-Teke or Thoroughbred (or Hanoverian if you want a smaller one), and then remove the existing mane and tail. Then find an appropriate textured textile to replace it. You can even get away with synthetic yarn or wooll for this, you just have to style it correctly. Sorry, don't have time to explain in detail, but Lynkhart can advise on this if you are interested.

Just my opinion. If you want truly realistic mane and tail, then customise. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Usng wax was a brilliant idea, it makes the whole thing more realistic. I thought all the photos managed to disguise the scale.

Diana

Diana
Yeah, I was blown away by those photos, because when glancing at the first photo I truly thought it was a real horse. Smile

So... since they use real hair, albeit not human hair,... will a hair straightener not work? What a Face

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:Yeah, I was blown away by those photos, because when glancing at the first photo I truly thought it was a real horse. Smile

So... since they use real hair, albeit not human hair,... will a hair straightener not work? What a Face

Ah, thanks! :')

And that's a good question, I have to admit I have never tried a hair straightener on tibetan lamb hair. I was always worried about too much heat causing it to 'felt' (since it is wool). But would be worth a try, though I'd probably test it on spare tibetan lamb hair first...

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:And that's a good question, I have to admit I have never tried a hair straightener on tibetan lamb hair. I was always worried about too much heat causing it to 'felt' (since it is wool). But would be worth a try, though I'd probably test it on spare tibetan lamb hair first...

I actually have both at the ready, so... I'll test it! If I remember to do so. Won't have time this week. Feel free to remind me. I'd appreciate the nudge. Wink

MoonRaven812

MoonRaven812
I have this one on preorder from BBTS ( 92$!! ) in the cremello color. I desperately wanted the dutch warmblood in gold, but prices have gone up to almost 200usd $ and from vendors ive spoke with on ebay nobody has the gold color in stock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum