OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Oh really? I mistakenly thought this was out already confused

valentin

Yups, it's still not out yet. Am also monitoring china's online shopping platform: Taobao, for it's release.

skywalkersaga

Thanks, I was confused I guess. Hope it is released soon....

Kitsune1000

Good news I hope. I just got invoiced for this for set today from my preorder at TNS. I was getting desperate and almost bought the copycat version as I really wanted an Aerith to pair with my Tifa.

SithDarkLordDFC

SithDarkLordDFC
RULE OF THUMB . . .

Never believe / trust the product release date from ANY 1:6 brand / manufacturer.

Super Duck's release date is always BULL$%^&. Whatever the release is . . . add 3-12 months to it.

Too many collectors continually believe / rely upon announced release dates and then whine about delays, get anxious, etc.

Once it's officially released in Asia, then allow anywhere from 30 to 90 days (at this juncture) for it to reach the US for 1:6 vendors stateside unless they're ponying up extra $ to have it shipped by air instead of boat given the backlog at virtually all ports and customs within the West Coast.

Don't believe me?

Then please feel free to experience and learn the hard way like many others.

~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 23116610

Kitsune1000

Kitsune1000
SithDarkLordDFC wrote:RULE OF THUMB . . .

Never believe / trust the product release date from ANY 1:6 brand / manufacturer.

Super Duck's release date is always BULL$%^&.  Whatever the release is . . . add 3-12 months to it.

Too many collectors continually believe / rely upon announced release dates and then whine about delays, get anxious, etc.

Once it's officially released in Asia, then allow anywhere from 30 to 90 days (at this juncture) for it to reach the US for 1:6 vendors stateside unless they're ponying up extra $ to have it shipped by air instead of boat given the backlog at virtually all ports and customs within the West Coast.

Don't believe me?

Then please feel free to experience and learn the hard way like many others.

I've done my research and expected not to see this for another year or so given Super duck's reputation. I usually buy from Giantoy so shipping is really fast. I live in Canada, so for better or worse we get screwed for cost, so the air shipping cost the same as if via by slow boat as we don't have many options here and If I buy from the States it actually costs more than airshipped from Asia.

I take most release dates with a grain of salt so I don't worry too much, Just this was the only one I really wanted as I just started collecting with the Tifa rush and wanted at least an Aerith to pair with her. I will get Cloud later as I saw review the VTS version was really off scale and will wait for the other versions.

suo76

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 20220115
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 20220114
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 20220113

Received this set yesterday and put her on a S24A. I do like the size relation and the head does hold up on its own and doesn't look too big. Unfortunately she doesn't stand on her own because the foot pegs are too small for the boots provided. I had prefered if they had made hollow boots. Even with some room they give more support.

The headsculpt looks amazing!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
suo76 wrote:Received this set yesterday and put her on a S24A. I do like the size relation and the head does hold up on its own and doesn't look too big. Unfortunately she doesn't stand on her own because the foot pegs are too small for the boots provided. I had prefered if they had made hollow boots. Even with some room they give more support.

The headsculpt looks amazing!

Glad you like your new acquisition. This day and age things that come in are sometimes disappointments. As for the foot pegs being overly small, that is better than them being overly big, perhaps. Try wrapping layers of electrical tape over the ball of the foot peg, until you achieve a good snug and stable fit in the hole in the footwear.

brassco

brassco
the HS seems overly big on this body...the clothes didn't excite me either. Thks for showing us!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the inhand pics. I also quiet like the head and had it on my list for some time before I realized I wouldn't need another expensive head - I'm also not into FF so this got a pass. But it is a cool little figure

Annalise

Annalise
Be careful with the backlight else your photos become NSFW. Now I see why briefs were included in the set, that dress is THIN!

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 1img_213

Nice thick braid in the back. I personally think the head sculpt looks more in proportion with the larger body types like this S10D.

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 2img_212

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 3img_213

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 4img_214

While the aesthetics of the boots are fine, functionally they are perhaps the worst I've ever seen. Even after using tape to make them so tight that I can barely force them onto the ball, there is no support and I can't get her to stand longer than a minute. I was going to take more photos but it became an exercise in frustration management and I was not in the mood to go unpack a stand.

Overall I do like her but I'm not feeling eager to purchase another SD set anytime soon. I feel quite strongly that if I use the recommended body, everything should fit and work. Yes, I can probably eventually customize the boots to work adequately, or replace them, but I shouldn't have to! They had well over a year from preorder to release to get it right and couldn't be bothered. I find that mindset disappointing.

valentin

valentin
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 IMG_20220128_020202

Hmm.... I just received from my local dealer a huge shipment, and I have her on a S20A body instead, which is similar to Tifa's.

Joints are all okay for mine, however I am using a stand since I haven't got time to pose her nor fuzz her up properly yet.

davidd

davidd
She's very pretty!

Diana

Diana
Annalise wrote:Nice thick braid in the back. I personally think the head sculpt looks more in proportion with the larger body types like this S10D.

While the aesthetics of the boots are fine, functionally they are perhaps the worst I've ever seen. Even after using tape to make them so tight that I can barely force them onto the ball, there is no support and I can't get her to stand longer than a minute. I was going to take more photos but it became an exercise in frustration management and I was not in the mood to go unpack a stand.

Overall I do like her but I'm not feeling eager to purchase another SD set anytime soon. I feel quite strongly that if I use the recommended body, everything should fit and work. Yes, I can probably eventually customize the boots to work adequately, or replace them, but I shouldn't have to! They had well over a year from preorder to release to get it right and couldn't be bothered. I find that mindset disappointing.

I understand your frustration, but to be fair: SD made this set explicitly for the S10D, meaning one of the bigger bodies, so the head would be the right size and the boot holes, too. It would be a shame if you gave up on SD, just because TBL decided to make the pegs smaller for the smaller body. It's not possible to make a plastic boot that fits both the recommend large body (pegs) as well as the smaller ones, no matter how long the wait is. Gotta pick one.

I've always been under the impression that SD do good work, which is why it might sometimes be worth the ridiculously long wait. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice photos, annalise and valentin (and love that rat!).

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice photos, annalise and valentin (and love that rat!).
Yeah that rat is awesome  Smile

I think that painted hairline can look a bit strange on some pics though. But the outfit and face are pretty.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Yeah that rat is awesome  Smile

I think that painted hairline can look a bit strange on some pics though. But the outfit and face are pretty.

Very true. Sometimes it helps, but given the right (wrong) light (and I think here we are going for information, so there is a lot of light, it can highlight the difference between sculpted/molded and "real hair." Hence, a bit strange. Smile

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@Suo76, oh so the boots are "boot-feet" or "beets", i thought SD fabric boots are hollow, iirc my SD PowerGirl & She-Ra have hollow boots so having the TBL feet makes them stand unassisted.

@Annalise, I like it on the S10D. So the S10D doesn't stand properly even with tape on the ankle balls.
Maybe the holes in the boot-feet are too shallow that they don't full receive the TBL ankle ball.
That's my problem with Astoys boots on an S21B.

@Valentin, very nice set up! That Uniqlo dressing booth looks great.
Hope you could post more pics here in its own thread for us to appreciate.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4194-new-product-fivetoys-1-6-dressing-room-dressing-room-scene-f2021

suo76

Yes, I also thought the boots were hollow and was surprised they were not.

You were all right that the head looks better on a bigger body. Found that I had an S32a lying around and that works much better. Those pegs do fit in the boots for me and I get her standing on her own now.

valentin

valentin
The hair!!!!!! Just so hard to pose without wire in the clothes, and luckily for the original hands from the phicien body, those superduck hands just ain't enough.
Some props(with not very accurate colours)

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa32
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa33
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa31
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa34
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa35
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa36

An original posing, but darn, I need to wait for the new tifa head to arrive before I can do group shots.
warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa37

All in all, whilst the photos do no justice to the original game character, its clothes and head sculpt likeness by superduck is spot-on, and really one of my fav.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks very good, Valentin.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice. Thanks for the photos.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice comparison pics. I think she looks pretty good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 C8485110

valentin

valentin
And here's how she looks like from the back, and front.
(Am thinking that the fitting room concept would really help alot in reviews, due to the presence of the mirror, however taking photos with camera avoidance would be tricky.)

warlock - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 2 Whatsa50

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It may be tricky, but you pulled it off very well. Smile

Annalise

Annalise
Diana wrote:I understand your frustration, but to be fair: SD made this set explicitly for the S10D, meaning one of the bigger bodies, so the head would be the right size and the boot holes, too. It would be a shame if you gave up on SD, just because TBL decided to make the pegs smaller for the smaller body. It's not possible to make a plastic boot that fits both the recommend large body (pegs) as well as the smaller ones, no matter how long the wait is. Gotta pick one.

Maybe a misunderstanding here. I did use the recommended S10D body, which is why I was disappointed when the boots didn't fit.

rollotomasi wrote:Maybe the holes in the boot-feet are too shallow that they don't full receive the TBL ankle ball.

The problem with mine are the holes are too big in diameter. The leg ball goes in, hits bottom, and there is zero friction. The depth of the hole appears adequate, it's the diameter that is the problem. Given that fact, I fully expected the tape trick to work - and it does to a point - now they at least stay on her legs when I lift her up - it's that the weight is still too much for the socket joint with no additional support at the ankle.

@valentin - great photos! Thanks for showing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Annalise, maybe add another layer or to of tape?

valentin

valentin
Annalise wrote:
Diana wrote:I understand your frustration, but to be fair: SD made this set explicitly for the S10D, meaning one of the bigger bodies, so the head would be the right size and the boot holes, too. It would be a shame if you gave up on SD, just because TBL decided to make the pegs smaller for the smaller body. It's not possible to make a plastic boot that fits both the recommend large body (pegs) as well as the smaller ones, no matter how long the wait is. Gotta pick one.

Maybe a misunderstanding here. I did use the recommended S10D body, which is why I was disappointed when the boots didn't fit.

rollotomasi wrote:Maybe the holes in the boot-feet are too shallow that they don't full receive the TBL ankle ball.

The problem with mine are the holes are too big in diameter. The leg ball goes in, hits bottom, and there is zero friction. The depth of the hole appears adequate, it's the diameter that is the problem. Given that fact, I fully expected the tape trick to work - and it does to a point - now they at least stay on her legs when I lift her up - it's that the weight is still too much for the socket joint with no additional support at the ankle.

@valentin - great photos! Thanks for showing

Thanks, also, I used both nail varnish and plumber's tape on the ball joint of the left foot.

Initially, the left boot was too tight and could not fit in, I used hot water immersion, and it fitted, but became so loose(Exactly as per your description).

Even the hot and cold method after that couldn't rectify it.

So, I varnish first, and then a layer or two of the plumber's tape tightly on the ball joint.

I suspect the sockets are probably defective in a certain batch.

The right foot is alright, but had to use the hot water method to fit.

Diana

Diana
Annalise wrote:Maybe a misunderstanding here. I did use the recommended S10D body, which is why I was disappointed when the boots didn't fit.
My apologies! Apparently my head merged your post and that of suo76. In that case I understand your reaction. The boots I got from the GTToys Explorer also won't hold a pose. Veeery annoying. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum