OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Looks very good, Valentin.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shazzdan

Nice. Thanks for the photos.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice comparison pics. I think she looks pretty good.

valentin

And here's how she looks like from the back, and front.
(Am thinking that the fitting room concept would really help alot in reviews, due to the presence of the mirror, however taking photos with camera avoidance would be tricky.)

VideoGame-Based - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK: 1/6 fantasy warlock (without body) NO:SET057  - Page 3 Whatsa50

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It may be tricky, but you pulled it off very well. Smile

Annalise

Annalise
Diana wrote:I understand your frustration, but to be fair: SD made this set explicitly for the S10D, meaning one of the bigger bodies, so the head would be the right size and the boot holes, too. It would be a shame if you gave up on SD, just because TBL decided to make the pegs smaller for the smaller body. It's not possible to make a plastic boot that fits both the recommend large body (pegs) as well as the smaller ones, no matter how long the wait is. Gotta pick one.

Maybe a misunderstanding here. I did use the recommended S10D body, which is why I was disappointed when the boots didn't fit.

rollotomasi wrote:Maybe the holes in the boot-feet are too shallow that they don't full receive the TBL ankle ball.

The problem with mine are the holes are too big in diameter. The leg ball goes in, hits bottom, and there is zero friction. The depth of the hole appears adequate, it's the diameter that is the problem. Given that fact, I fully expected the tape trick to work - and it does to a point - now they at least stay on her legs when I lift her up - it's that the weight is still too much for the socket joint with no additional support at the ankle.

@valentin - great photos! Thanks for showing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Annalise, maybe add another layer or to of tape?

valentin

valentin
Annalise wrote:
Diana wrote:I understand your frustration, but to be fair: SD made this set explicitly for the S10D, meaning one of the bigger bodies, so the head would be the right size and the boot holes, too. It would be a shame if you gave up on SD, just because TBL decided to make the pegs smaller for the smaller body. It's not possible to make a plastic boot that fits both the recommend large body (pegs) as well as the smaller ones, no matter how long the wait is. Gotta pick one.

Maybe a misunderstanding here. I did use the recommended S10D body, which is why I was disappointed when the boots didn't fit.

rollotomasi wrote:Maybe the holes in the boot-feet are too shallow that they don't full receive the TBL ankle ball.

The problem with mine are the holes are too big in diameter. The leg ball goes in, hits bottom, and there is zero friction. The depth of the hole appears adequate, it's the diameter that is the problem. Given that fact, I fully expected the tape trick to work - and it does to a point - now they at least stay on her legs when I lift her up - it's that the weight is still too much for the socket joint with no additional support at the ankle.

@valentin - great photos! Thanks for showing

Thanks, also, I used both nail varnish and plumber's tape on the ball joint of the left foot.

Initially, the left boot was too tight and could not fit in, I used hot water immersion, and it fitted, but became so loose(Exactly as per your description).

Even the hot and cold method after that couldn't rectify it.

So, I varnish first, and then a layer or two of the plumber's tape tightly on the ball joint.

I suspect the sockets are probably defective in a certain batch.

The right foot is alright, but had to use the hot water method to fit.

Diana

Diana
Annalise wrote:Maybe a misunderstanding here. I did use the recommended S10D body, which is why I was disappointed when the boots didn't fit.
My apologies! Apparently my head merged your post and that of suo76. In that case I understand your reaction. The boots I got from the GTToys Explorer also won't hold a pose. Veeery annoying. Smile

bunnyfreakz

bunnyfreakz
Headsculpt little too doolish and do not have great likeliness. I glad waiting actual photos before pull the trigger, superduck is super hit and miss. Shame Aerith is my fav character.

Annalise

Annalise
Diana wrote:My apologies! Apparently my head merged your post and that of suo76. In that case I understand your reaction. The boots I got from the GTToys Explorer also won't hold a pose. Veeery annoying.  Smile  

No worries! Smile Sorry to hear about your Explorer. Yeah, very few things in this hobby bother me more than a figure that can't stand on it's own!

I tried the electrical tape again, adding as many layers as I could and still force it into the socket but it's not satisfactory. I think maybe the surface of the electrical tape is too slippery. I'm going to go buy some plumbers tape to try valentin's method and give that a go.

But if the next SD set I consider purchasing doesn't have functional boots, then it had better include varnish and tape or else Fugetaboutit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum