OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new products: 1/6 star beauty head carving [A, B section] (#gc015)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She reminds me of someone, but I can't think of the name. A nice, interesting looking head, although (or because?) the mouth seems a tad crooked (or am I simply not used to see people smiling?).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Someone suggested Liu Yifei:

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new products: 1/6 star beauty head carving [A, B section] (#gc015) Bdud0q10
NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new products: 1/6 star beauty head carving [A, B section] (#gc015) Gettyi10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: GACTOYS new products: 1/6 star beauty head carving [A, B section] (#gc015) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Maybe... though I don't see exactly that. Very pretty, whoever she is. And I was going to say, as long as it's not Yang Guifei (who sorta brought down the Tang Dynasty in the 8th century)... Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
Old thread but I'm interested in that head. The only problem is finding real life shoots of heads as they often come out very different from product shots. Light etc. is also a factor.

Anyone has this head or pictures?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
"Ed's Toy Box" flickr pics with short reviews.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/edwicks_toybox/42696318690

brassco

brassco
Liu Yifei will be starring in the Disney's live action Mulan.

agentghost

agentghost
that's not liu ye fei. Eyes are not Asian enough. Weird entry with this one. Most HS were too Asian, not European enough. However, this ASIAN one is a little bit too European

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hadn't noticed problems with GacToys sculpts being 'too Asian'.... there seems to be a fairly decent variety amongst them. Some of the YMToys sculpts, on the other hand, are much too 'stylized' in general, to the point where some of them look kinda creepy or uncanny valley-ish to me, and one has to sift through them to find the more realistic looking ones that have a bit more 'character'  

When it comes to this sculpt, it may simply be just a random made up face, and is not necessarily supposed to be any person in particular. I do recall seeing some *other* headsculpts out there that were supposed to be that actress, or at least were titled as such on ebay listings, so who knows. 

To my eyes she doesn't look 'not Asian enough', as honestly people come in all sorts of variations. Her nose and profile are interesting, and I like that it's a bit more unique than some. Perhaps she could be someone who is of mixed heritage. I myself am half-Persian, and I look it... if that makes sense.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum