OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bracelets

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bracelets Empty Bracelets Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Delanie

Delanie
I noticed Darth J's post in the 'wanted' section and thought this may be helpful to everyone else

Darth wanted bracelets which could be put on without taking the hand off.

Well I found some I think they are are nose clips which look similar to those he showed I used 2 to decorate Raven's Staff after I had to modify it
(i accidently cut one of the whisker wires to the LED's so had to run a second jumping the cut section on the outside)

Any how here is the link to the Clare's page where I got them from

https://www.claires.com/jewellery/body-jewellery/nose-rings-studs-jewellery/?lang=en_GB

You might also find this helpful 'ear cuffs' Jewels wears a pair of mine as bracelets and they come in many styles

https://www.claires.com/jewellery/earrings/ear-cuffs/?lang=en_GB

I'll try to send some pics when i have downloaded them

Just a thought hope it helps

2Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Pictures I'm afraid the Dwarf wouldn't move so had trouble getting a shot of the one on Ravens Staff and Jewels has a new Hobby so she wasn't very cooperative either!

Bracelets XzUUb73

Ravens' Staff

Bracelets KAVHDbQ

3Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:47 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ear cuffs are a brilliant idea for 1/6 bracelets, Delanie! Thanks for sharing. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:07 pm

DarthJ

Actually csyeung probably found what I was looking for :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100Pcs-Jump-Ring-Twisted-Open-Fancy-Rope-Connectors-Jewlery-Making-8-15-18-20mm/173700403383?hash=item287159d0b7:g:s~8AAOSwfTlcG4KK

This is an example, once you find one Chinese seller offering these, you'll find many. (New Chinese Proverb).
I ordered 600 of the 8 mm ones. Seems much but it is only enough for 75 dolls' feet and wrists.

You'll get confirmation if they are indeed the right ones.

5Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve used expandable toe rings as arm bands for my customs of Vampirella and Red Sonja (the ones I used I purchased from Etsy, but that was several years ago). And expandable thumb rings for thigh bands on Red Sonja.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bracelets C8485110

6Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:33 pm

DarthJ

Update : the rings have arrived. Don't remember if I ordered 8 mm or 10 mm but the rings are a little bit too small, they do not cover the whole wrist. So now I ordered 12, 14 and 16 mm.

Detail.

Bracelets Img_2511

For those that do not want to check a topic for bracelets only.

Bracelets Img_2512

7Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:55 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Very cool! Would love to see an update when the new ones arrive and see how they fit!

Bracelets 20200810

I used these jump rings to make a stylish chain belt.

8Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:15 pm

DarthJ

That idea occured to me too, though it would rather be a chain mail dress.

9Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Delanie

Delanie
if you are making anything using 'jump' rings be careful I bought a pack from hobby craft and the thickness wasn't uniform some were thinner than others and some had splits in them whilst some didn't. Also the metal was harder on some, so I had problems joining them together as they kept unlinking.

I cant help thinking when byou say 'chain mail or ring mail' dress of an image of a Mary Quant 60's dress, basically one of those polythene rain macks with pockets I think with metal rings in them or maybe they were glued or sewn to it

10Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:06 pm

DarthJ

The sixties was on my mind too, rather than a medieval or fantasy setting.

None of this is Mattel (except the hat maybe).

Bracelets Img_2613

11Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:10 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
I love the Picture of Your Guitar Girl. The pose, the sofa her outfit. It remembers me at a day nashville, in every single bar there was a singer like her. I think there are many Figures of You, You never show to us

12Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 am

Ovy

Ovy
Yep these ear cuffs are a great idea, and affordable!

About simple metal rings... Well, I started stealing those metal rings on ball point pens for a while now and use them as jewelry, but don't tell anyone.

13Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:13 am

Delanie

Delanie
Ephiane I do have a few figures the numbers keep growing, The girl with the guitar is Julianna (Jewels) she was my first, well almost Kricket was the first one I picked up years ago 2008 maybe? (seen here attending a meeting at 'the house' with Raven (reading as usual) in the background, photobombed by Gimli!

Bracelets MjlYLcD

My intention is to do something similar to you with an adventuring party Jewels as the leader (healer) Zahn/ lady dragon and 'Elii' as my fighters and maybe the Dwarf, and Raven as my sorceress.

I have tried to get some pictures but the backgrounds and picture quality is nowhere near as good as yours.

14Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:48 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I love your mouse warrior, S. Reminds me of the Redwall books by Brian Jacques.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bracelets C8485110

15Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:59 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful figures, Delanie! Including Teenage Mutant Mouse. Smile

16Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:07 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, I love your mouse warrior, Delanie! How incredibly unique and creative!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

17Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:11 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
OMG ! love Your Mouse Warrior. I have Tons of Fantasy Creature Stuff. There´s concept Art that could You inspire. Can´t wait to see Your Adventurer Party in Action

Bracelets 539c0410
Bracelets 0b2a9110

18Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Kricket is from a series of figures from around 2005 I think Michael Crawford did a review of one of them  I'll admit I didn't buy him until I found him reduced substantially in my local comic shop due to damage to his box It did mean however I didn't get the other one.

I do like him though and wish there were others like him I mean like generic  fantasy creatures  I'm tempted to go for the Asmus orc but hes too recognisable and I'm not as skilled as some of you at modifying bodies.

On another note I've been reading an absolutely brilliant set of books/ web serial called 'The Wandering Inn' and I'd love to create characters from that such as a Goblin and Hobgoblin or a Gnoll or even an Antinium (humanoid? Ant like people) Honestly it is such a well thought out world I can't recommend it enough!

19Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Guess I'll have to look into ear cuffs for a few extra details on my fantasy figures. I've used jump rings for some of my figures, usually as the typical "O" ring found on gear or slings, never thought about using them for bracelets tho.

By the way that little mouse dude is great, back in April I was trying to make something similar with air dry clay but let's just say some things are better told than seen.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Bracelets 1f60e

20Bracelets Empty Re: Bracelets Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:51 pm

DarthJ

update on the rings :

14 mm is too large for the wrists, fits tighter on "fatter" ankles.
16 mm will be way too large.

So, 10 mm and/or 12 mm will be the right ones.

Picture : 8 mm and 14 mm used together with some creative bending.

Bracelets Img_2910

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum