OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
“ Echo station Five-Seven. We’re on our way!” - Luke Skywalker

During the Battle of Hoth in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Luke SkywalkerTM piloted a SnowspeederTM, led the Rebel Alliance against the Empire’s ground forces, and instructed the other snowspeeder pilots to use their harpoons and cables to aim for the legs in an attempt to take down the massive Imperial AT-AT™ walkers in order to give the Rebels enough time to evacuate the snow planet.

In celebrating the 40th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Hot Toys is excited to introduce a series of collectibles based on this iconic film! Now, Hot Toys is delighted to officially present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of Luke Skywalker in his flight suit and helmet that he wore on Hoth, as the latest release of The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection!

The highly-accurate Luke Skywalker collectible figure is expertly crafted based on his appearance in the movie, features a head sculpt with newly sculpted hair sculpture, finely tailored Snowspeeder outfit and life support unit on chest, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a highly-detailed flight helmet, a grappling gun, a blaster, a thermal detonator, a snow-themed diorama set-up with a figure stand all in the specially designed retro style packaging!

Star Wars fans don’t miss the chance to add this new Luke Skywalker collectible figure to your treasured display!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS585

PRODUCT NAMELUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION)
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 28 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESNEWLY DEVELOPED BROWN HAIR SCULPTURE WITH MAGNETIC FEATURES, NEWLY TAILORED ORANGE COLORED FLIGHT JACKET
ARTISTSHEAD SCULPTED BY JI HO LEE
HEAD PAINTED BY JC. HONG
HEAD ART DIRECTED BY JC. HONG

The 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker™ (Snowspeeder Pilot) Collectible Figure (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Collection) specially features:

A head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
- Newly developed brown hair sculpture with magnetic features
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 28 cm tall
- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable white-colored gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) pair of gestured hands
- Four(4) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) gestured left hand
- One (1) right hand for blaster pistol holding
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- Special package design with Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary logo

Costume:
- One (1) newly tailored orange colored flight jacket
- One (1) orange colored flight jumpsuit
- One (1) white colored vest with life support unit
- One (1) brown colored utility belt with blaster holster
- One (1) climbing harness
- One (1) pair of grey-colored snow boots
- One (1) flight helmet with inner layer, comlink and visor (with articulated feature)
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable forearm gauntlet (normal and for wielding LED lightsaber)

Weapons:
- One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (blue light, battery operated)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt
- One (1) blue-colored blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) grappling gun
- One (1) blaster pistol
- One (1) thermal detonator

Accessories:
- One (1) snow ground diorama accessory attachable to the figure base
- Specially designed figure stand with character name and interchangeable graphic card

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Ji Ho Lee
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q2 – Q3, 2022

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2020 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Fa91f510
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE B67b7b10
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Dd46de10
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 514cb910
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 79a51d10
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 9f08d210
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 0aedd210
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE A5af9510
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 05767810
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 5af6e110
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 6bf37b10
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE F744c210
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 58e31910
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 850f9210
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE B4e4ab10
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 67e26c10
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE Ecba0410
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 990ad510
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 28b39810
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE 76299d10
StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8e99c10

#newproduct #HotToys #EmpireStrikesBack LukeSkywalker #Snowspeederpilot #StarWars #movie #sci-fi #male

csyeung

csyeung
I like it! Well, except for the clamshell base, but not a dealbreaker. I also have yet to get a luke and like this version of him from ESB. This is part of the hero story, like others where they are still new to their powers and learning how to use them. Somehow I always like this part the best in most superhero/fantasy stories.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The set looks gorgeous, as can be expected, and I expect it will be well-executed. I hope they do not make any silly decisions about over-stuffing the clothing and impairing poseability, but wouldn't hold by breath. It is Hot Toys, after all. At $280, this is not nearly as expensive as some of their other recent preorders. But for that price they could have thrown in a pair of black gloves and black boots so that one could outfit him alternately as a standard X-Wing Pilot. They have made those things already, so it should have been easy. If I were of a suspicious nature, I might speculate that they intend to produce a separate X-Wing Pilot figure down the line, recycling everything but the gloves and boots, and to charge even more for that. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
GubernatorFan wrote:The set looks gorgeous, as can be expected, and I expect it will be well-executed. I hope they do not make any silly decisions about over-stuffing the clothing and impairing poseability, but wouldn't hold by breath. It is Hot Toys, after all. At $280, this is not nearly as expensive as some of their other recent preorders. But for that price they could have thrown in a pair of black gloves and black boots so that one could outfit him alternately as a standard X-Wing Pilot. They have made those things already, so it should have been easy. If I were of a suspicious nature, I might speculate that they intend to produce a separate X-Wing Pilot figure down the line, recycling everything but the gloves and boots, and to charge even more for that. Smile

Just in time for A New hope 50th anniversary in 2027 haha.

JohnByng

I don't remember the Strange harness that hangs between his legs and around his thighs but I assume it is correct - it looks really weird though!

I don't really need this figure so I will pass, but it fills a gap and I am pleased for those who have been waiting ages for him!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
While I’m happy for anyone who’s been waiting for this, I’m a bit disappointed in the reuse of the ROTJ head sculpt (but with different hair). As it is, Luke was never as high up the list of favorite characters from the OT, and since I already have Farm Boy Luke, and ROTJ (Sideshow) Luke, I don’t need another.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Recycling heads (not to mention characters) and outright re-releases seems to be their modus operandi these days. But it helps out those who didn't have a chance to get a character, while keeping down the costs of putting out great-looking product. I wish that were reflected in lower prices for the customer, but I suppose that would be too much to hope for.

Talon65

JohnByng wrote:I don't remember the Strange harness that hangs between his legs and around his thighs but I assume it is correct - it looks really weird though!

I don't really need this figure so I will pass, but it fills a gap and I am pleased for those who have been waiting ages for him!

Yes, the harness was there, and also with the XWing flight suit. Though it does look like they have it a little to low. It hung down like that but not past his knees as I recall.

I would love to get him in the XWing pilot suit but I couldn't justify SST's outrageous price for theirs, I'm certainly not paying Hot Toys ridiculous prices.

JohnByng

Talon65 wrote:
JohnByng wrote:I don't remember the Strange harness that hangs between his legs and around his thighs but I assume it is correct - it looks really weird though!

Yes, the harness was there, and also with the XWing flight suit. Though it does look like they have it a little to low. It hung down like that but not past his knees as I recall.

I would love to get him in the XWing pilot suit but I couldn't justify SST's outrageous price for theirs, I'm  certainly not paying Hot Toys ridiculous prices.

Thanks for the info. If it was higher up it would be better!

ahbake

Re-using the ROTJ sculpt seems incredibly lazy.
Otherwise, it looks great.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Geez, for anyone interested, this has either sold out or gone to wait list on most US retailer sites. Sideshow is really screwing the competition with their usual short-change BS on HT figures.

StarWars - NEW PRODUCT: HOT TOYS: STAR WARS: EPISODE V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER PILOT) (STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION) 1/6TH SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Geez, for anyone interested, this has either sold out or gone to wait list on most US retailer sites. Sideshow is really screwing the competition with their usual short-change BS on HT figures.

I'm probably blanking out on this, but can you expand on it? (Sideshow's usual short-change BS)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They have a tendency to limit how much stock they give to retailers on HT products, particularly if they feel it will sell out quickly. I’ve heard from a retailer that if they sell out on PO of their initial allotment, SS is VERY reluctant to give them further stock. And, as we all know, Sideshow charges an arm and a leg for shipping and handling, making a profit over and above the already full MSRP asking price, all so they can claim they are giving folks a deal with their marginal “Reward” points.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for clarifying. Sounds like a questionable practice indeed, but I suppose it can be expected if a company is an exclusive distributor and wants to garner as much of the profit for itself.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It does seem like they re-used the RotJ sculpt (*again*??), just with a different hairstyle. But yeah, otherwise looks pretty good. Not my specific thing for collecting though (I already have two different RotJ Luke figures as it is), so it's an easy pass.

I *am* however waiting for an ESB Bespin Han Solo.... any minute now, please! ;p

And re: Sideshow.... argh. They are frustrating, and their shipping prices are indeed ridiculous. But the issue I have is that almost every other retailer that offers payment plans does so in ways that don't work for me.  The Sideshow payment plan is the only one I know of that allows you to use PayPal. If there are others that do that have better shipping prices, let me know...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum