OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:34 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I recently got in the Wartoys Witcher 3 Geralt figure, and while all of the outfit and swords are gorgeous, I hated the head.  So after finishing this custom head, I had to get an iconic Geralt bathtub shot before I squeezed him into his armor.

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Geraltbath_orig

2The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm not familiar with the source material but I did see another product based on this scene. Anyway, this does look excellent. Beautifully put together and shot. So Geralt should look more like Logan? Smile

3The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:01 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
This is a Mastershot ! The candlelight, the bathtub is great, the wooden background and i love the old washbasin. I hope there will come a Girl soon to clean the little witcher Laughing

4The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:19 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is excellent, Rev. Is that tub an actual physical object? If not that is some incredible photo-manipulation. I’m assuming it is real, as are all the other stuff. Very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath C8485110

5The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:55 am

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, Nice one! Very moody. It seems it's M33 week.

The expression is perfect I think. The hair is great, although a bit trolly, have you tried how it looks straight and wet?

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Eacfe3b3b3bf8d845eb05af43cca4b2a

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath F9deded2e24a9699623e2049a8a5146d

6The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:11 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm not familiar with the source material but I did see another product based on this scene. Anyway, this does look excellent. Beautifully put together and shot. So Geralt should look more like Logan? Smile

Thank you Guv!  Yeah, Geralt in the bath is really iconic for fans of the series, so I couldn't resist trying to capture a bit of the fun fan-service of it.  Personally, I think everyone should look a bit more like Logan, but man, the War Story head was just awful.  And looking through bearded heads, that logan one was the closest I though I could come.  Here's a quick reference to his in game look, and an actual photo of the Warstory head, which looked much better in the promo pics.

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath PS_Messages_20190121_085248

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath WAR-STORY-WS005-1-6-White-Wolf-The-Devil

I think the War Story hair looks even darker in person than in that photo too.

Ephiane wrote:This is a Mastershot ! The candlelight, the bathtub is great, the wooden background and i love the old washbasin. I hope there will come a Girl soon to clean the little witcher Laughing

Thanks so much Ephiane!  Yeah, I might be addicted to candlelight in photos!  As I know you know from your last dungeon crawler shoot, it really just adds so much to the tone of the photo.  And I'm so glad you noticed the washbasin in the background!  I was really proud of how it came out, although I also sorta want to refine and take another crack at one.  I have an actual antique 1:1 one here in the house, and have always loved them.  And Geralt definitely looks like he's expecting company.  If I ever get that Yennifer figure (or someone does a Triss), maybe I'll have to pull him out of his armor for another photo shoot. Very Happy

Stryker2011 wrote:That is excellent, Rev. Is that tub and actual physical object? If not that is some incredible photo-manipulation. I’m assuming it is real, as are all the other stuff. Very cool.

Thank you Stryker!  The tub is real!  It's actually a planter, and the perfect size for an old clawfoot tub.  Such a lucky find.  I really need to get more photos with it.  

Ovy wrote:Haha, Nice one! Very moody. It seems it's M33 week.

The expression is perfect I think. The hair is great, although a bit trolly, have you tried how it looks straight and wet?

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Eacfe3b3b3bf8d845eb05af43cca4b2a

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath F9deded2e24a9699623e2049a8a5146d

Thank Ovy!  Yeah, the M33 is very in vogue right now.  It was a huge pain to squeeze it into the War Story outfit, but it fills it out so much better than the original body, and I think worth it.  I look forward to shooting some clothed photos, as soon as I figure out the proper background.  

The hair is tough.  I still stand by the material as being the best for hair, but I do think I apply it bit thick, and it gives it a certain unavoidable volume.  This actually has been wet, with product added, and styled to lay a bit flatter, but it's still a thicker than I'd prefer.

7The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I see what you mean about the head. What about this one (or are you trying to void the sculpted hair)?

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath M30hry17

8The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
really nice and iconic scene from the start of the third game. someone's to get pinched where it hurts Smile

9The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
The lighting is just *chef’s kiss* and that bath is amazing! I’m pretty sure I’ve got the same candlestick in the foreground too, picked it up for 50p at a car boot sale! XD

10The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:32 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
very well one, love all the details and the lighting. Looks like rendered from a pc game or sth

Only caveeat might be the hair for me too, which looks a bit too bloated on his head. But otherwise a cool HS - but what do I know? I only watched the show and never played teh games.

11The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 am

blackpool

blackpool
awesome shot Adam, as I told you straight away, I love how you ported the game ambiance through little details and exquisite accessories like that bathtub and candles!!!

always fan of your creations!

12The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:19 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
WOW, stunning photography, props, set up, and subject matter! The lighting is gorgeous. Definitely an improvement on the other head. And that tub is incredible!!!

ETA: I think this is the first time I've seen a 'fan art' type figure from you, that was based directly on someone else's creation rather than your own original characters. NOT a bad thing at all, I was just not expecting it! Pretty much everything you touch turns to gold, so I'm certainly not complaining. :'D

ETA again -- whoops, belatedly remembered your amazing X-Men figures, my bad! Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

13The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:38 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Exquisitely detailed scenery per usual, really breathes life to the character's presence. I am familiar with the scene from the game (I only played a bit of 3 so far), but certain qualities remind me of a Renaissance-style painting of still life objects. Pretty cool effect regardless.

Also, I feel like I remember you mentioning a while back that you bought extra David Beckham head sculpts for a potential Geralt figure. While the modded Logan looks great, I'd guess the facial structure of the Beckham heads shares a bit more likeness to Geralt's. Oh, and another question...how did you feel about Henry Cavill's portrayal in the Netflix series?

14The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:22 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:I see what you mean about the head. What about this one (or are you trying to void the sculpted hair)?

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath M30hry17

I actually have that head too (Actually that whole Witcher figure).  I like it A LOT better than the War Story one, but it's still not quite right (to me at least). I do prefer to avoid the sculpted hair.  I might actually try something a bit different to try to thin the hair down a bit on mine this weekend.

Tjolnir wrote:really nice and iconic scene from the start of the third game. someone's to get pinched where it hurts Smile

Lol!  Thanks Tjolnir!  Yeah, it was to hard too resist.   Laughing

Lynkhart wrote:The lighting is just *chef’s kiss* and that bath is amazing! I’m pretty sure I’ve got the same candlestick in the foreground too, picked it up for 50p at a car boot sale! XD

Thank you Lynkhart!!!  Yeah, I think I need to play more with candle-lighting photos.  And what a steal on the candlestick!  I think mine were from some antique store, probably for not much more than that.  I have a couple similar, all with birthday candles, and they're perfect for 1/6.  I actually got this shot when I first got them:

The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath 2488979_orig

Valiarde wrote:very well one, love all the details and the lighting. Looks like rendered from a pc game or sth

Only caveeat might be the hair for me too, which looks a bit too bloated on his head. But otherwise a cool HS - but what do I know? I only watched the show and never played teh games.

Thanks Valiarde!  Yeah, I'm going to play with some ideas this weekend to thin the hair down a bit.  And yeah, it's a bit voluminous for the game look as well, which I highly reccomend.  But glad you dig it!

blackpool wrote:awesome shot Adam, as I told you straight away, I love how you ported the game ambiance through little details and exquisite accessories like that bathtub and candles!!!

always fan of your creations!

Thank you Blackpool!!!  That means a ton to hear, especially since I think so highly of your photography.  And atmosphere was top priority on this one, so I'm thrilled to hear it came through.

skywalkersaga wrote:WOW, stunning photography, props, set up, and subject matter! The lighting is gorgeous. Definitely an improvement on the other head. And that tub is incredible!!!

ETA: I think this is the first time I've seen a 'fan art' type figure from you, that was based directly on someone else's creation rather than your own original characters. NOT a bad thing at all, I was just not expecting it! Pretty much everything you touch turns to gold, so I'm certainly not complaining. :'D

ETA again -- whoops, belatedly remembered your amazing X-Men figures, my bad! Laughing

Thank you so much Skywalkersaga!!!  So glad you dig it!

I am TERRIBLE about getting even 1/2 my projects photographed.  There's always some little detail I want to get around to, like an accessory or background, and then I just don't get around to it.  I actually have a few fan art figures I really should share.  I have an X-Men Gambit that I'm really happy with, a TMNT Casey Jones (Although I'm reworking the head), a comic style Conan, along with heavily modified Red Sonja that I HAVE pictures of, yet I somehow never made a thread for (I think I may do that right away actually...).  And quite a few figures I've swapped over to TBLeague bodies that probably deserve some photos (Furiosa! Ciri!).  Maybe I'll shoot a bit this weekend too...

AlKelAstra91 wrote:Exquisitely detailed scenery per usual, really breathes life to the character's presence. I am familiar with the scene from the game (I only played a bit of 3 so far), but certain qualities remind me of a Renaissance-style painting of still life objects. Pretty cool effect regardless.

Also, I feel like I remember you mentioning a while back that you bought extra David Beckham head sculpts for a potential Geralt figure. While the modded Logan looks great, I'd guess the facial structure of the Beckham heads shares a bit more likeness to Geralt's. Oh, and another question...how did you feel about Henry Cavill's portrayal in the Netflix series?

Thank you AlKelAstra!!!  man, that is awesome to hear.  I'm playing the Blood and Wine DLC, and it ESPECIALLY has that Renaissance feel, so I wonder if that seeped into the photo a bit.  It's seriously one of my favorite games of all time, with characters and a game world I just can't ever get enough of.  

And damn, now that you mentioned the Beckham head, I can't un-see it!  You're right, that probably would have been a great option for Geralt!  Logan won out partially because of the beard, although I have another friend encouraging me to do the beard with real hair...  I REALLY need to resist the urge to keep coming back to Beckham.  People are starting to ask questions.  But man, now I'm so tempted to give it a try.

And I LOVE Cavill as Geralt!!!!  I think he completely nails it, and all the stories about what a fan of the series he is, and how dedicated to the role he is (I read he refused to use secondary actors to shoot any shots, even where you just see him from behind or partially, like a hand or a foot.  Apparently, if you see Geralt's finger, it's still Cavill, and I love him for that).  I know the show is way more based on the books than the games, and there is a lot I like about the games so much more, but I really treat them as completely separate entities, and love the hell out of the show in it's own right.  Are you watching/liking it?

15The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looking good, that tub is cool. And while the hair is great and the whole shot is amazing this isn't something I would like to walk into after a day on the road. 😁

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath 1f60e

16The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:52 pm

MerylAkiba

"plowing strumpets wit your knob, oh Witcher o plenty, oh Witcher o plenty oh ooh oh!
git paid handsomely foh your job, oh Witcher o plenteee, eeeeee EE "

Seriously though, how come we don't have music note emojis

Can't wait for season 2!!!

17The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Empty Re: The Witcher 3 - Geralt's Bath Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:04 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Theboo-bomb wrote:Looking good, that tub is cool. And while the hair is great and the whole shot is amazing this isn't something I would like to walk into after a day on the road. 😁

Thank you Boo-bomb!  Yeah, Geralt really does look like he's expecting company.  Razz

MerylAkiba wrote:"plowing strumpets wit your knob, oh Witcher o plenty, oh Witcher o plenty oh ooh oh!
git paid handsomely foh your job, oh Witcher o plenteee, eeeeee EE "

Seriously though, how come we don't have music note emojis

Can't wait for season 2!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now I can't get that out of my head!!!

I'm dying for season 2 too.  In the meantime, I'll leave you with this awesome Synthwave remix:

...Oh valley of plenty!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum