OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Ovy

Ovy
Greetings, for another post apocalyptic comission I modified six more heads, three boys and three girls. 

The first one is one of the nastiest figures that ever threaded my working table.
The outfit was made by my customer, the job was to give Jack Nicholson long nasty hair with a last action hero/serial killer vibe. I will post the other five figures when I finished their photos.

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-161920

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-141125

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-141332

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-141402

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-145410

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-162009

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That looks really cool, and appropriately creepy. (Now I have to go watch the Last Action Hero again -- it's been about 25 years since I watched that movie). Nice job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished C8485110

GregT

that'd give me nightmares if it were in my house....
looking forward to the rest of the crew (a good scare
every now and then is good for the soul)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done, appropriately creepy, and appropriately lit. I think your customer would be very happy indeed.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
You definitely nailed the psycho killer look, especially with that eery red light to set the mood. He seems like the hunter-type who starts hunting actual people for sport. Maybe a villain from The Last of Us.

I also remember that scary Ripper dude from Last Action Hero - he was genuinely creepy and threatening in his scene, for what was an otherwise mostly action-adventure oriented movie. Another 90s prosthetic makeup job that freaked me out as a kid was Trickster from the film Brain Scan.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished Brains10

shazzdan

shazzdan
Heeeere's Johnny!

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:That looks really cool, and appropriately creepy. (Now I have to go watch the Last Action Hero again -- it's been about 25 years since I watched that movie). Nice job.
He certainly is! Thanks, have fun.

GregT wrote:that'd give me nightmares if it were in my house....
looking forward to the rest of the crew (a good scare
every now and then is good for the soul)
Thanks! I don't fear him, the other figures in my collection keep the bad guys in check.

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautifully done, appropriately creepy, and appropriately lit. I think your customer would be very happy indeed.
Thanks a lot! Yes he is, let's see what he will do with him.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:You definitely nailed the psycho killer look, especially with that eery red light to set the mood. He seems like the hunter-type who starts hunting actual people for sport. Maybe a villain from The Last of Us.

I also remember that scary Ripper dude from Last Action Hero - he was genuinely creepy and threatening in his scene, for what was an otherwise mostly action-adventure oriented movie. Another 90s prosthetic makeup job that freaked me out as a kid was Trickster from the film Brain Scan.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished Brains10
Yes there is not much redeemable about him, although I made some cute photos where he looks rather nice and friendly, all depending on the surroundings.
And yes the Ripper left an impression. Glad I didn't watch Brain Scan as a kid. xD

shazzdan wrote:Heeeere's Johnny!
Now that you say it, I still have an axe lying around fitting his size.

Now, the rest of the boys. This one is 'Wasteland Jesus'. The hair was way to puffy and overblown so I had to rip some strands out.and gave him a headband/crown, didn't do much more. I first felt he was a good guy with telepathic abilities. But after he met Jack Nicholson, he got a sinister vibe, no he looks more like an apocalyptic Charles Manson to me...
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-050047

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-050349

This one is from a Yondu/Merle head, I made the hair and the beard. He is supposed to be a 'water trader', so I gave him water.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-162039

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-162143

But in connection with the other boys, this good man became a Villian. Didn't help that he has the face of Merle.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-163213

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-163304

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-163334

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-163501

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, what a difference the paint makes. Yondu is probably my favorite, but they are all great. Smile

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
These are so rad!!! Nicholson is so creepy, with a kind Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe (not Leatherface, but just a guy you do not want to run into somewhere remote). So sinister.

Poor Wasteland Jesus! I think it's the intensity in the eyes, but yeah, he's def taken on a bit more of a cult leader feel. So close to a hero, only to be pulled into Nicholson's creepy orbit.

And yeah, your water trader looks pretty conniving, like he'd stab you in the back dealing with him.

It's funny how sometimes when you're working on a figure, how they come out will effect their character.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, these guys are all rather unsettling, but so well done! And excellent choices of headsculpts for all of them. Your transformation of their appearances is very creative and effective!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They all look appropriately unfriendly. Nicely done on the hair and beards.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
They look like the ultimate triple threat!! I like how each has their own unique style, yet you can tell they belong together as some sort of 'gang.' Maybe its the greasy long hair. Can't wait to see what you do with the girls...if these are the villains, will the females be good? Or also bad?

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, what a difference the paint makes. Yondu is probably my favorite, but they are all great. Smile
Thanks! Yeah, he had this arrow thingy on his head, it was already removed and haired, but my customer wanted it redone and to only come out of the parting. He also has Yondus scars, otherwise he could be Darylls Brother.

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200828-152413

ReverendSpooky wrote:These are so rad!!!  Nicholson is so creepy, with a kind Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe (not Leatherface, but just a guy you do not want to run into somewhere remote).  So sinister.

Poor Wasteland Jesus!  I think it's the intensity in the eyes, but yeah, he's def taken on a bit more of a cult leader feel.  So close to a hero, only to be pulled into Nicholson's creepy orbit.  

And yeah, your water trader looks pretty conniving, like he'd stab you in the back dealing with him.  

It's funny how sometimes when you're working on a figure, how they come out will effect their character.  
Thanks a lot! Pulled into Nicholsons creepy orbit, that's great.  Laughing
And yes, totally that...Russian word thingy you once mentioned about surroundings influencing how we see a character.

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, these guys are all rather unsettling, but so well done! And excellent choices of headsculpts for all of them. Your transformation of their appearances is very creative and effective!
Thanks, and yes my customer finds the most curious headsculpts one has never heard of and has great visions what to do with them.

Stryker2011 wrote:They all look appropriately unfriendly. Nicely done on the hair and beards.
Thanks

AlKelAstra91 wrote:They look like the ultimate triple threat!! I like how each has their own unique style, yet you can tell they belong together as some sort of 'gang.' Maybe its the greasy long hair. Can't wait to see what you do with the girls...if these are the villains, will the females be good? Or also bad?
Thanks! Ye maybe they don't have to do anything with each other, but that's how it looks on the photo haha. The girls are here, I think they don't look that friendly, but who knows. The next post will have a group shot of them all together.

The first two had to get very short pink hair, and some green lipstick and smokey eyes.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200828-192035

This is the lady from Fringe, never seen this sculpt before.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200828-192140

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200828-192314

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-044230

And a slightly cross eyed Milla Jovovich with very prominent teeth, I think it looks perfect for a classic post apocalyptic character.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-044319

Tried purple light and got Cyberpunkish vibes.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-044420

They came without outfits or equipment, just gave 
them some stuff I had for the photos.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-044520

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-044642

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-044922

Maybe they don't use guns, maybe they are friendly mechanics, nurses or investment bankers. I actually don't know if they are related, sisters, mother and daughter, friends, lovers or gang members. The customer decides.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200904-045225

And for this soulless Penelope Cruz, a special asymmetric hairstyle was commissioned.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200828-152724

She looks so bored in everything, maybe she is a killer too, I don't know. Maybe they are all just friendly happy people. I will get a group shot in the next post and send them on their way.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-162452

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-162744

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-162932

MerylAkiba

They look like Dreadnoks!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I never would have recognized the Anna Torv sculpt (Fringe) if you hadn’t pointed it out. Some interesting updates and transformations. Nice hair work.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Masterfully done converting Yondu to a human... And the ladies look very sharp. Wow, Milla continues to be your (or his) favorite. Even the lighting you used to show your in-progress photos casts the right mood! Ironically "Tom Boys" (who are girls) would have made more sense than "Tom Cats" (who are boys) to me, but I wouldn't know the background which may have required that label. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
MerylAkiba wrote:They look like Dreadnoks!
I had to Google it, but yeah I see the connection.  Mad
Stryker2011 wrote:I never would have recognized the Anna Torv sculpt (Fringe) if you hadn’t pointed it out. Some interesting updates and transformations. Nice hair work.
Thanks a lot, it's an interesting headsculpt, might not have guessed who it is either if the customer didn't mention it, it had all hair removed already.
GubernatorFan wrote:Masterfully done converting Yondu to a human... And the ladies look very sharp. Wow, Milla continues to be your (or his) favorite. Even the lighting you used to show your in-progress photos casts the right mood! Ironically "Tom Boys" (who are girls) would have made more sense than "Tom Cats" (who are boys) to me, but I wouldn't know the background which may have required that label. Smile
Thanks! And actually the shirt says 'Atom Cats'  which is some kind of gang from the newer Fallout Games or something. Might be a Reference to Atomic Kitten, Tomcats and radioactive cats? It was wished so I made it.

They all departed now, but here is a last group shot collection.

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-163652

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-163939

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-164045

He also sent me a Vietnam era GI helmet to paint in a tank girl way and add feathers.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-164236

I made more detailed daylight shots of the helmet that i will put together tomorrow.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200905-164340

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice gang. But how do you feel about letting go of your creations?

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some really cool guys and gals, my favorite has to be the water man, he just has that sinister, abusive aura about him. Also that Penelope Cruz head is the most bored looking head I've seen ever, she looks tired of literally everything.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice gang. But how do you feel about letting go of your creations?
Thanks. Well, I would have liked to steal the orange coverall that I can't find online anymore (missed to get the last one from machinegun.fr) and I think I will make a character with a hairstyle similar to Cruz and maybe get Jooohnnny! heads one day. But no it was not hard letting them go, but I appreciate having such interesting figures in my hands and being part of their creation. 
It's actually a good feeling putting them in their box and making the customer happy. And they took a lot of space away, haha.

My favourite one was the purple haired head from our first comission, a lot of work was put in there and learned a lot by doing it.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some really cool guys and gals, my favorite has to be the water man, he just has that sinister, abusive aura about him. Also that Penelope Cruz head is the most bored looking head I've seen ever, she looks tired of literally everything.
Thanks, yes the actor had a very unnerving Aura in Walking dead too and although Yondu was fun, there was something sinister about him. And yes Cruz definitely looks like some bored Wasteland Queen.

So that's it, I will post a last photo series of the Tank Girl helmet.

We mostly traded in 1/6 goods, but does anyone have experience with paid custom works and could tell me what would be reasonable prices for a newly rooted headsculpt like I did etc? You can also PM me about that.

So here the helmet.
Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200908-011833

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome work all the way, thanks a lot for sharing these unique figures, the "flesh color" yondu is especially striking, such a great example of how a good paint app can change the world!

To answer your question I asked several times to various custom artists on forums and on instagram, and to my great disappointment the prices for a custom rooted hair headsculpt were a it insane (in polite terms, totally out of my league)

I know for sure Jacob Rahmier is asking 260$ to root hair on a headsculpt, you have to provide the headsculpt of course, and the shipping costs are not included
I had the same result with 357parliament that charges 240$ just for the rooting (they actually charge around 250$ for anything, hair rooting or sculpt repaint)

Of course these are some top artists but that's the usual price range for such service apparently!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
All I can say is 'Wow! Really well done!"

MerylAkiba

I didn't mean to offend Crying or Very sad , I just think the Dreadnoks were pretty bada$s. Now I feel really old that you googled it. Embarassed

ZombieTestSubject

Great set of characters, with so much character, if you know what I mean. So I guess mission accomplished!

Ovy

Ovy
blackpool wrote:Awesome work all the way, thanks a lot for sharing these unique figures, the "flesh color" yondu is especially striking, such a great example of how a good paint app can change the world!

To answer your question I asked several times to various custom artists on forums and on instagram, and to my great disappointment the prices for a custom rooted hair headsculpt were a it insane (in polite terms, totally out of my league)

I know for sure Jacob Rahmier is asking 260$ to root hair on a headsculpt, you have to provide the headsculpt of course, and the shipping costs are not included
I had the same result with 357parliament that charges 240$ just for the rooting (they actually charge around 250$ for anything, hair rooting or sculpt repaint)

Of course these are some top artists but that's the usual price range for such service apparently!
Thanks a lot for the numbers! Yeah, I am far from what some of these half gods do with some hair, glue and pliers, but good to have some ideas.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:All I can say is 'Wow! Really well done!" 
Thanks!

MerylAkiba wrote:I didn't mean to offend Crying or Very sad , I just think the Dreadnoks were pretty bada$s. Now I feel really old that you googled it. Embarassed
No offense taken! xD And you are younger than me. Just wasn't socialized with GI Joe.

ZombieTestSubject wrote:Great set of characters, with so much character, if you know what I mean. So I guess mission accomplished!
Thanks a lot an welcome, Subject!

Two last images, eternal love or mutual hatred? You decide.

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200914-112814

Post apocalyptic comissions #3, Tank Girl finished PSX-20200914-112900

My customer also sent me pics of Merle, he now has sunglasses, a funny apocalyptic head and a fur mantle, pushing a cart full of plastic bottles in different shapes and a Mr Bean Teddy, looks like an adorable Hobo now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum