OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blackpool

blackpool
Product name:Hollywood time(Double Sets)
Number:NO.-16005
Scale:1/6
Height: about 32cm
Fully movable with 30 body joints.

List:
Authentic Head Sculpt * 2
Articulated Body * 2
Moveable hands * 12
Sunglasses*2
Watch*2
Exclusive Stand*2
Gold ornament*1
Wine*1
Wine Glass*1
Cigarette*2

Clothing list:
Brown leather coat *1
Brown shirt*1
Light color pats*1
Retro leather shoes*2
Blue denim top *1
Blue jeans*1
Retro belt*1

Price should be 192$ for the full set, I haven't seen any "single figure" options on these guys...

ETA Q2 2021

NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_110
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_210
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_310
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_410
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_510
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_610
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_810
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_910
NEW PRODUCT: DJ-Custom No16005 1/6 scale double set "Hollywood time" Once_111

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To be honest I don't remember much about the movie other than the title. But the fact that I was able to recognize both actors without problem speaks to the quality of the set. It isn't a very opulent set where it comes to accessories, but the figures and clothing do provide coverage for a period and style not usually reflected in most other sixth-scale sets.

csyeung

csyeung
Great for fans of the film. I don't remember much either., but they are recognizable as the two even though the sculpts are not 100 %. I do find Brad's jean jacket looks too small and/or stiff.

blackpool

blackpool
I received both just last week, at that price point the quality is very good, but yes it lacks some details and it's definitely not flawless.

The likeness to the actors is pretty solid, just as in the promo shots, no disappointment here. The tailoring is perfect on Leo's character, but surprisingly it's awful on Brad's character, the pants are way too large, the denim vest is a tad short, even if it's meant to be a 60's waist cut.
Overall the variety and quality of fabrics and materials is pretty good, and very accurate to the movie costumes, just it could have been a bit better on brad pitt.

The accessories are not crazy, the wiskhy glass comes empty, the jack daniel's bottle has been seen over and over (yet it is still underscaled). The worst part being the shades, compared to recent releases we're back to barbie style plastic shades, no see through, no gloss, and the very same shape for both characters, the difference being the color of the lenses...

A couple of cigarettes are offered as well, and two sets of hands, which are identical... Though one hand is shaped to hold the glass, none is made to hold the cigarettes, yet you can place them in their mouth thanks to the sculpting quality.

Now on the "lazy" part, they both wear the very same boots, while Leo wears Santiags all the way, and Brad some very specific indian mocassin boots... They also come with a wrist watch, the paintapp makes them look a bit different but they are the very same mold, while Brad Pitt wears a strength wristcuff with the watch on it in the movie, again quite specific.

They do need a bit of work to look good but it's a very solid base to build those characters, at 190$ the duo, it's very decent investment!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the concise review, Alex. I picked up some of the parted out pieces, including the head sculpts, but it's nice to read an overview of the whole thing.

blackpool

blackpool
My pleasure Gub, I'll try to shoot them before the end of the week!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
blackpool wrote:My pleasure Gub, I'll try to shoot them before the end of the week!

Sweet, as always, it would be great to see what you come up with. No pressure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum