OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ASAS Troopers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ASAS Troopers Empty ASAS Troopers Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:56 am

scalawag

scalawag
A few more of my collection, this time Australian SAS.
The first figure is a more modern interpretation wearing multicam.  The other 3 are wearing Auscam which is a pattern I really love and was the main reason I put these together.  Sorry I don't remember the makers of the figures.

ASAS Troopers IUavEK2
ASAS Troopers 9wjlYse
ASAS Troopers ROvK1BB
ASAS Troopers EfkNl3R

ASAS Troopers J9tQzBK
ASAS Troopers FV5yEcD
ASAS Troopers Wg0vbuC
ASAS Troopers VDBosgb

ASAS Troopers XACx28a
ASAS Troopers 0QCzTuI
ASAS Troopers B7XIIWS
ASAS Troopers EnlZOwQ

ASAS Troopers HHBgsDI
ASAS Troopers TRWh9BE
ASAS Troopers EXCpVd3
ASAS Troopers SApw4WP

ASAS Troopers VFYe4Wb

Hope you enjoy the pics and as always all comments are welcome.

Paul.

2ASAS Troopers Empty Re: ASAS Troopers Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:58 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice. I applaud anyone who can put these figures together. I hardly have the patience to put a boxed TBLeague figure together. These guys... just couldn’t do it. I start swearing about fifteen minutes in to just trying to get a belt together, especially if it’s the buckles and loop type. They look cool together; bunch of bad-@$$es.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

ASAS Troopers C8485110

3ASAS Troopers Empty Re: ASAS Troopers Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love Ozzies. And, like Stryker, I appreciate all the effort you must have gone through putting all this together. Nice group.

4ASAS Troopers Empty Re: ASAS Troopers Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:05 am

scalawag

scalawag
Cheers Chaps,

The three earlier period figures in Auscam are to be honest not too bad to put together. Its all pre "molle" gear, so pre threaded buckles which just snap together and then a quick pull on the straps to get a good fit.
The more modern figure, thats a different story. That is a molle vest so most of the pouches have 2-3 straps at the back which have to be weaved through the loops on the vest. That is more time consuming and can be frustrating too depending on how well the Molle system is rendered in 1/6. It can be a real pain to get right if the Molle has been made too tight which it can sometimes be.
With one of these I usually put them together over the course of about a week. I keep stopping when I get too frustrated with it, and go back again later. The helmet headsets and mics can be tricky too, they often don't want to stay in place and are invariably quite delicate. Lots of patients and super glue needed.

Paul

5ASAS Troopers Empty Re: ASAS Troopers Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:53 pm

PitViper

PitViper
Your Aussies are awesome. I really like the three older versions in desert & woodland AusCam. An excellent tribute from the glory days of BBI, when you could buy a boxed figure for less than $100. Barney (bearded, desert AusCam), Sean Bannon (floppy hat woodland AusCam) and Chris Naylor (HALO) were some of the best figures made by BBI in the old days.

Kudos to you brother!

6ASAS Troopers Empty Re: ASAS Troopers Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:51 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
That's a really nice collection. Great work.

7ASAS Troopers Empty Re: ASAS Troopers Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:38 am

scalawag

scalawag
Thanks ThePhotogsBlog,  I'm glad you like them.

I always have liked the Auscam pattern in all its variants, so the figures wearing that really stood out to me as ones to do.  They are slightly older figures so the detail is maybe not up to what we expect today, but I think they still do the job.
I also like MultiCam so the more modern figure was another one that just caught my eye really.
I have a number of other military 1/6 scale figures too, mostly modern and WWII DAK, but not done one for a while now.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum