OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers Empty McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:30 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Finally finished these guys! All except the gas mask dude are artist proof grey blanks that were repainted. The gas mask dude had some black and silver paint deco that I repainted.
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53070526455_b97cb61ed6_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53069546287_8e4d416c11_b

I did over all their straps with grosgrain ribbon, and covered the pouches in hockey tape for a canvas texture, with daubs of glue for the snaps, which were painted when dried.
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53070128436_f742417ddf_b
The fella above also sports a little knife sheath I made out of tape.

McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53070128421_5c92ae34c9_b
I bored out the barrels of the weapons, and added slings to the rifles with some paperclip for the sling mounts.
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53070318369_34e3ebb84f_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53069546257_f3f59efb8d_b
McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53069546242_9e153e9f43_b
Paint is primarily acrylic with some oils for detailing and weathering.

McFarlane Warhammer 40K: Cadian Troopers 53070526495_4703998670_b

I recently finished the rest of my Traitor Guard figures that I've gotta get photographed as well, stay tuned!

Visisonor

Visisonor
Nice, they look realistic.
Did you do anything with rifle sights?
And what are slings made of - 3mm ribbons?

Diana

Diana
They look great! Beautiful detail work there. And the photos are beautiful, too! Quite believable and organic feeling.

Ovy

Ovy
Finally, the Canadian Cadians have arrived! As expected great use if all that tape. Beautiful toned down realistic camo color palette interpretation.

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot for checking this out folks Smile

Visisonor, all I did for the sights was paint them and gloss them. Most were painted red and then hit with a black wash before the gloss applied. The straps are indeed 3mm ribbon, the same as the suspender strapping. It's super useful stuff!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And I thought you were a peaceful nation! Smile They look excellent and very nicely placed, posed, and photographed. I can't not mention my continued admiration for your use of hockey tape.

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:And I thought you were a peaceful nation! Smile They look excellent and very nicely placed, posed, and photographed. I can't not mention my continued admiration for your use of hockey tape.

Haha thanks man, gotta keep it consistent with the tape, eh?

BAMComix

BAMComix
I was looking fro Ovy's post but came across this little gem! These look awesome my friend!

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
BAMComix wrote:I was looking fro Ovy's post but came across this little gem! These look awesome my friend!

Really appreciate that, thanks Smile My son's started to get into Warhammer stuff a bit so we may be revisiting these figures for pictures soon.

BAMComix

BAMComix
PickleMunkey wrote:
BAMComix wrote:I was looking fro Ovy's post but came across this little gem! These look awesome my friend!

Really appreciate that, thanks Smile My son's started to get into Warhammer stuff a bit so we may be revisiting these figures for pictures soon.

Outstanding! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum