OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Thanks for the awesome pics and the additional review, desertdragon! Your photography is gorgeous as always. From your pics I can see the colour of her armour a lot better and it is indeed really pretty. I'm rather partial to purple (I guess it's burgundy but it looks like purple and black to me), so perhaps that helps. ;D

Looking at it from a fantasy perspective, the face is quite cute. And the body suits that style of figure too. Your photos also bring out the neat light effects of the swords. I think you have to have a dark backdrop to make them truly, well, shine. :')

It seems they did try to do a decent job on the rooted hair, though if it were me I'd re-hair it to a much finer natural fiber, as I think it would bring out the ethereal qualities of the figure more. That's not a criticism of the figure or of your photography though, it's just the customizer in me thinking out loud. ;D

doodlehobby

Excellent pics @desertdragon. Glad to see you didn't suffer any QC issues like mine. Smile

desertdragon

GubernatorFan wrote:Glorious photography as always, desertdragon. They really should have you doing their promo images. Smile I'm not really into this sub-genre but you are able to highlight so much of the set's beauty and potential even I can easily appreciate it for what it is.

Thanks so muc GubernatorFan!! Honestly, I really do get frustrated with the promo shots companies use sometimes... But I'm happy I can at least try to bring out some of the potential of these figures in my own photos, and it is always a privilege to share them here!

desertdragon

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the awesome pics and the additional review, desertdragon! Your photography is gorgeous as always. From your pics I can see the colour of her armour a lot better and it is indeed really pretty. I'm rather partial to purple (I guess it's burgundy but it looks like purple and black to me), so perhaps that helps. ;D

Looking at it from a fantasy perspective, the face is quite cute. And the body suits that style of figure too. Your photos also bring out the neat light effects of the swords. I think you have to have a dark backdrop to make them truly, well, shine. :')

It seems they did try to do a decent job on the rooted hair, though if it were me I'd re-hair it to a much finer natural fiber, as I think it would bring out the etheral qualities of the figure more. That's not a criticism of the figure or of your photography though, it's just the customizer in me thinking out loud. ;D

Thank you so much skywalkersaga! And I agree that some finer fiber would have been much more suitable for her hair... She does have two braids that are done really well, and they at least help to establish some scale for the hair. Overall though she's fantastic, and I feel so much better about my decision to get her in the first place Smile

desertdragon

desertdragon
doodlehobby wrote:Excellent pics @desertdragon. Glad to see you didn't suffer any QC issues like mine. Smile

Thank you so much doodlehobby! I really liked your review of her, and I love the alternate body you chose for her - it gives her a more warrior-esque tone, which I think works really well.

doodlehobby

desertdragon wrote:
doodlehobby wrote:Excellent pics @desertdragon. Glad to see you didn't suffer any QC issues like mine. Smile

Thank you so much doodlehobby! I really liked your review of her, and I love the alternate body you chose for her - it gives her a more warrior-esque tone, which I think works really well.
Thanks. Still want to do a couple other things with her, but currently on the back burner until I can find some decent time to sit down and work on it. If I do manage to sneak in some more changes to her, I'll definitely share the results. Smile

32KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 Empty Burryna Revisited Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:08 am

doodlehobby

Well, I finally took the time to revisit this and do a few more things with her. I'm mostly done with her. Just need to figure out what to use for the belt (currently using a cut up velcro cable tie as a place holder LOL).

I fixed the sword... somewhat... the LEDs are sitting loose in the housing so, it can flicker or go off if knocked around a bit, but it's good for the most part. I replaced the original LEDs with smaller 3mm green LEDs. At least I can swap out the LEDs without issue now.

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51432662019_99ff8a910a_bBurryna Custom v2 Green LED Swords by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Decided to put the fish net arm sleeves back on her and give her some more clothing to combat the elements. Still not a fan of the plastic underwear and neck piece so leaving those out. I used Asian knotting cord with snake knots to tie and keep together the breast armor. That took a bit of time to do. LOL Overall, she's beginning to look like a true elven warrior now. Very Happy

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51431158692_5dc809d87f_bBurryna Custom v2 Glow 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51431917201_62fa2ca6d7_bBurryna Custom v2 Glow 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51432158083_a7f2f77b0e_bBurryna Custom v2 with stand by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51431158642_7abe9665b9_bBurryna Custom v2 Pose 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51432661999_4300feb12e_bBurryna Custom v2 Pose 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51432661984_c2b37354a0_bBurryna Custom v2 Pose 3 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51432886025_17be642bf3_bBurryna Custom v2 Cape Pose 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 51432662079_d460d3f6f6_bBurryna Custom v2 Cape Pose 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks good to me, and certainly more warrior-like than when she arrived.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! Impressive upgrade on the swords and figure. Much, much better. Well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

KYStudio KT001 Burryna (disappointment)... and body swap kit bash custom - Page 2 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
he looks amazing! top work indeed! bounce bounce bounce

Diana

Diana
Beautiful work! She definitely looks so much better fully clothed. Laughing Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice upgrade! Love that you went the more practical route. And wow, good job on fixing the LED lights, must have been tricky. Looks awesome now!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

doodlehobby

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks good to me, and certainly more warrior-like than when she arrived.

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! Impressive upgrade on the swords and figure. Much, much better. Well done.

BAMComix wrote:he looks amazing! top work indeed! bounce bounce bounce

Diana wrote:Beautiful work! She definitely looks so much better fully clothed. Laughing Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:Nice upgrade! Love that you went the more practical route. And wow, good job on fixing the LED lights, must have been tricky. Looks awesome now!

Thanks all. Getting the old LEDs out was a pain. It didn't help that one pin was snapped and it felt like it was glued in place. I used a bead reamer, hobby knife and tweezers to get them out. But once out it was easy to cut down the negative pin of the new LEDs and insert them into the housing. The LEDs sit a bit loose in the housing though. The positive pins were much shorter than the original so inserting and contact with the battery is a bit finicky in some cases. I was going to experiment with different coloured LEDs I have, but maybe later. Maybe just for fun insert pink LEDs into it. Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum