OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Empty [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower! Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:41 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

This figure was supposed to be out alongside my other mudtrooper and with a piece of terrain but you all know how things are, plans never work out. At any rate I decided to photograph this guy, nothing fancy about him after all. I used the chest armor and helmet of a hasbro deathstar gunner, the shoulder pads from a snowtrooper, and the flamethrower is just random bits thrown together to form a flamethrowery shape, the nozzle is a german flammenwerfer 35 nozzle with an UMP receiver as the trigger mechanism. I replaced the gunner uniform with a long black coat and the standard boots with some modified hasbro ones then I gave him a light ash like weathering to drive in the idea that he's got experience with that thing.

Much like my mudtrooper there's no story to this guy, it's just an alternative take to the standard imperial army soldier. I do think that any future movies or shows involving them should make use of flamethrowers, after all there's no Geneva convention in space. 🥴

[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  XV8gbJZ
[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  CLKhaK1
[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  8t3bICl
[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Y4VDDsd
[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  7wpt5HR

I did forget to mention that I used a shoestring for the hose, and that the visible zipper was intentional I think it adds some protrusion to an otherwise mostly flat figure.  Well, that's all for today, for next time It might be another star wars bash or an alt history one, depends on which one is finished first. On the meantime stay safe out there and have fun.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  1f60e

Diana

Diana
He looks great!!
Zipper? I don't see no zipper... So it must have worked! Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool looking figure. Ha! “Flamethrowery” needs to be added to the dictionary — love it. Brilliant use of a shoe lace as the hose — never would have guessed it. I do t see a zipper either.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  C8485110

4[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower! Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool. Way to liven up the original figure and make something out of it. Perhaps the oversized helmet makes better sense for a flamethrower. Certainly the weathering and uniform alterations add interest. Only trouble is, Lucas would have thrown a fit over a visible zipper (I had to go back and look for it after reading your last comments). He had a thing against revealing clothing closures worked the same way as in our universe in his. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Now I see the zipper — without the pull being visible, I don’t think it’s all that bothersome to be honest.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Now I see the zipper — without the pull being visible, I don’t think it’s all that bothersome to be honest.

Oh I agree, just having a little bit of fun with Lucas' pronouncements (another one was that there are no bras in space!). It is not bothersome at all, and indeed more interesting this way. This, by the way, was the rationale for the line "I wish we had zippers" in Star Wars: A Happy Endings Story.

GregT

very cool... I mean hot.  your weathering is subtle and never overdone, the coarse weave
of the tunic makes it look like some kind of fire-resistant material. nice work as always.

8[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower! Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:14 am

ZombieTestSubject

I love all the Star Wars stuff to begin with and your custom characters are interesting and fun additions to it. I hope you keep them coming.

9[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower! Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:58 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
AerynDiana wrote:He looks great!!
Zipper? I don't see no zipper... So it must have worked! Laughing

Thanks AerynDiana, the zipper is not that visible since I took away the little thing that zips it (Dunno the technical name) but it's there.

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool looking figure. Ha! “Flamethrowery” needs to be added to the dictionary — love it. Brilliant use of a shoe lace as the hose — never would have guessed it. I do t see a zipper either.

Thanks Stryker, Flamethrowery is a very technical term used by Imperial flamethrower operators. A woven shoe lace works best but will also unravel if you cut it with any blunt blade, waxed shoe laces that are also woven would work best.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool. Way to liven up the original figure and make something out of it. Perhaps the oversized helmet makes better sense for a flamethrower. Certainly the weathering and uniform alterations add interest. Only trouble is, Lucas would have thrown a fit over a visible zipper (I had to go back and look for it after reading your last comments). He had a thing against revealing clothing closures worked the same way as in our universe in his. Smile

Thanks Gubernator, I actually thought this helmet wasn't that bad but it's actually really tall, in order to keep it standing I had to put a half an inch foam circle inside so the helmet wouldn't fall down. I didn't know about the zippers and George Lucas, that's news to me.

GregT wrote:very cool... I mean hot.  your weathering is subtle and never overdone, the coarse weave
of the tunic makes it look like some kind of fire-resistant material. nice work as always.

Thanks GregT, I think the material of the tunic is some sort of woven nylon, I chose it for the same reason as you have mentioned, it looked like some sort of futuristic fire-resistant material or maybe it keeps the operator cool and protected.

ZombieTestSubject wrote:I love all the Star Wars stuff to begin with and your custom characters are interesting and fun additions to it. I hope you keep them coming.

Thanks ZombieTestSubect, I'm glad you enjoy my little bashes. There will be more Star Wars bashes as it is one of my favorite things.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  1f60e

10[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower! Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Another great bash, the fire proof coat and the helmet really make him unique and menacing. Also like the flamethrowery  color filter.

11[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower! Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:48 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ovy wrote:Another great bash, the fire proof coat and the helmet really make him unique and menacing. Also like the flamethrowery  color filter.

Thanks Ovy, the helmet looking menacing is why I chose it, I also came up with some mental ideas on how the helmet would be fireproof and keep his head cool or something.

12[Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower!  Empty Re: [Star Wars] Bring the flamethrower! Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:19 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent figure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum