OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Description

Mondo makes collectible creature history with the (possibly?) first-ever Creature from the Black Lagoon 1/6 scale figure!

Meticulously crafted with 2 years in the making, this swamp-rompin' figure has 16 points of articulation, stands 12 inches tall, comes with interchangeable swimming hands and feet, 2 different switch-out heads, and a bonus fossil hand.

Product Features

12 inches (30.5cm)
1/6 Scale
Made of PVC
Based on the Universal Monsters series
16 Points of articulation
Includes interchangeable accessories
Box Contents

Creature from the Black Lagoon figure
Underwater head
Open mouth head
Fossil hand
Pair of swim hands
Pair of swim feet

NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure F5360d10
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 8346f310
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure B48b4010
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 78bb9210
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 8db13c10
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 0e80c410
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 71643910
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 9409c410
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure D492dd10
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 6930f610
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure Dda78610
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 686fd010
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure Df4c8010
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 570d8310
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 46552910
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure Dbb69710
NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure 9cd92310

Creature from the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure - Silver Screen Variant
$185
PRE-ORDER
EXCLUSIVE

NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure Bebc1110

This item ships to select countries.
We make creature collectible history with the (we're pretty sure) first ever CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 1/6 Scale Figure. Meticulously crafted and two years in the making, this swamp-rompin' figure has 16 points of articulation, stands at 12" tall, comes with switch-out swim hands and feet, as well as two switch-out heads. Also comes with a fossil hand accessory. Available in classic Creature colors as well as a Silver Screen Variant.
Concept Design: Joe Allard, Sculptor: Matthew Black, Packaging Artwork: Jason Edmiston, Packaging Design: Mike Bonanno, Painting: Anthony Mestas, Mike Pflaumer, Hector Arce, Engineering: Tommy Hodges
NOTE: Buy the CREATURE 1/6 Scale Figure and receive 20% off (1) CREATURE 1/6 Scale Figure - Silver Screen Variant if purchased together. Limited time offer. Offer not valid on payment plans.
Artists
Anthony Mestas
Hector Arce
Jason Edmiston
Joe Allard
Matthew Black
Mike Bonanno
Mike Pflaumer
Tommy Hodges
Properties
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Universal Monsters

#newproduct #Mondo #UniversalMonsters #CreatureFromTheBlackLagoon #male #classichorror

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is a little before my time. I realize the original design was dated, but I wonder whether Mondo's treatment doesn't make it look even more toy-like. At least they seem to be sticking to the original appearance -- insofar as I remember it.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
What the heck is going on here with all this "We make creature collectible history with the (we're pretty sure) first ever CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 1/6 Scale Figure" nonsense?  Hasbro made a 12" Creature from the Black Lagooon in the Famous Monsters, 1998 (here  https://www.actionfigureking.com/list-3/hasbro/signature-series/universal-monsters-signature-series-from-hasbro/hasbro-signature-series-universal-monsters-sixth-scale-the-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-action-figure) and then Sideshow made two 12" versions (see here, http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112603a.htm) 1954 movie and 1956 sequel.  And Mondo must know that, from when they negotiated the license.

This is pretty cynical.  Mondo's original promo just said "Mondo is making creature collectible history with the first-ever Creature From The Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure."  Someone must have called them out on that being a lie, so apparently they just added the words "(we're pretty sure)".  That's not funny, that's just lying.  I like the figure tho.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It is fairly simplistic by much of today’s standards, but it does look like the 50s costume. Now if there was just a Julie Adams figure to go with it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:It is fairly simplistic by much of today’s standards, but it does look like the 50s costume. Now if there was just a Julie Adams figure to go with it.

LOL, you beat me to it. A monster always needs his girl. ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
I mean it looks seamless thanks to those scaly bits. The black and white version is hilarious.

Looks like Innsmouth look stage three. Of course I have a cheesy music video for that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think I actually prefer the black and white version of the figure!

And lol, Ovy, you always deliver with the funny videos. It also tickled me that the 'recommended video' after watching that one was 'Why Cosmic Horror is hard to make'. And I presume they mean that it's difficult to translate cosmic horror onto the screen? If so, I agree, though are some examples of where it's been done well...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
is it just me or does it look like a fishy version of rick from rick and morty?
for a second i was hoping for an adequate mirelurk for fallout ( i know it wasn't the companies intention with the figure to look like one at all ) but not a single head sculpt thats not looking derp?

and i got to get "that" innsmouth look out of my head asap Wink audio books help me sleep when my damn tinnitus is raging again, but now i cant enjoy these lovecraft chapters ever again without bursting into laughter Smile

blackpool

blackpool
Cool attempt, but quite a miss to my eyes, tho it respects the source material, the finishing on the head is kenner/hasbro level, it totally kills it... with a decent repaint it could be the quality of a HT Groot!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
blackpool wrote:Cool attempt, but quite a miss to my eyes, tho it respects the source material, the finishing on the head is kenner/hasbro level, it totally kills it... with a decent repaint it could be the quality of a HT Groot!

You're probably right but it's hard to tell from photographs which may not serve the product well, and especially with the uniqueness and inherent artificiality of the creature.  With mood lighting adjustments and a thin spray of water mist, it might photograph very effectively.

I absolutely loved Mezco's redesign http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070313a.htm which was however at 10" scale, and given Mondo's best work has been with things like Skeletor and Animated Series Batman characters, I would have expected something more original like that rather than something like this which is essentially similar to the Sideshow one but with better disguised joints.

Ovy

Ovy
Just wondered how he would look in an Star Wars Pilot suit or Jedi robes

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Just wondered how he would look in an Star Wars Pilot suit or Jedi robes

I wonder if the head and hands could be put on a regular body, covered up of course, for just such a figure...? One could feasibly make an “alien” out of such an option.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Mondo: Universal Monsters Creature From the Black Lagoon 1/6 Scale Figure C8485110

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ovy wrote:Just wondered how he would look in an Star Wars Pilot suit or Jedi robes

I wonder if the head and hands could be put on a regular body, covered up of course, for just such a figure...? One could feasibly make an “alien” out of such an option.

Oddly enough, that is exactly what was the Creature in the third movie (Creature Walks Among Us) as represented in the first Sideshow figure http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041403a.htm

BAMComix

BAMComix
That's a really cool figure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum