OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jada Toys Universal Monsters Dracula, Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, and The Creature From The Black Lagoon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

I've always loved classic horror characters, especially Dracula. Thankfully, now we have a proper 6 inch scale version of the "Universal Monsters". The quality of plastic used comes near of those found in the more expensive Japanese Figuarts toys. There are even textures used, just like on Frankenstein's jacket. Dracula has a cloth cape, The Bride has a cloth dress. They also come with alternate heads, hands, and of course, important story related accessories to them. Their individual head and body sculpts are beautiful!

These are very well made toys for just $20 each. Even now I'm curious as to how they're able to sell them for such a low price, but they feel just as good as any of the higher end imported toys like Figuarts. They do have minor flaws, such as the sometimes imperfect paint and the somewhat soft joints, but still they don't really detract from the awesomeness of these toys. The overall plastic quality is very solid, so I just wonder why they couldn't provide the same sturdiness to the joints.

Anyway, I definitely recommend these for horror lovers! They also scale well with Japanese toys like Figuarts so they won't feel out of place in most collections. Very Happy

davidd

davidd
I'm pleased to see that the classic 1930s-1950s Universal Monsters are still deemed worthy of attention in the toy and figure world. The studio created some true classics with a long shelf-life.

Is that the gal from The Grudge (or is it The Ring?) sneaking in to your image there to keep things at least somewhat current?

I see there is also a "Next Level" deluxe version of the Frankenstein Monster that includes a laboratory table:

https://jadanextlevel.com/collections/all-products/products/universal-monsters-6-scale-frankenstein-s-monster-deluxe-action-figure-next-level-exclusive

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Horror movies are not my thing, but the figures look and work great for the scale. And nice presentation too, including one of my favorite pieces of music!

Adeno

The long haired woman is Sadako from the movie Ringu, my favorite ghost. She's the original grown woman version of the ghost and not the little kid version "Samara" from the American remake of Ring. She's one of the first Figuarts toys I bought back in 2013/2014, I love her lol Smile

I hope Jada toys make some more horror characters, like the Mummy and of course Werewolf! How in the world are they gonna make Invisible Man lol! It would be great if they could also make others that aren't just from Universal. I'd love to get some Night of the Living Dead and other George Romero zombie characters, even the humans like Barbara. Notable zombies would be the first one who attacks Barbara and her brother in the original black and white version. Then of course there's Flyboy, Plaid Shirt Zombie, and the Harikrishna from Dawn of the Dead. The jawless zombie and Bub from Day of the Dead would be awesome! Laughing

Oh no, I didn't know about the Frankenstein with the table! I guess it's not sold anywhere else except their own website, oh well. I'm definitely impressed with Jada Toys. I haven't heard of them before until they created these horror characters. The quality of the plastic is really good, except for the still soft joints, and they really focused on giving these toys a lot of articulation, which is usually the reason of either why I buy a toy or not don't really like mostly static toys that only have two or three points of articulation that function more like a display piece rather than a posable, playable fun thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum