OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: JXK 1/12 JXK037 Hanover Warm Blooded 2.0 War Horse Statue W/ Platform harness

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Has anyone seen these yet? I was searching for 1/6 horses and I stumbled upon these. Got super excited and then realized, oh, it's 1/12 scale.  Razz  

Still though, these seem quite nice. Obviously, limited uses due to the dramatic pose, but the sculpt itself is very good. Would definitely make an excellent addition to a 1/12 scale diorama.

NEW PRODUCT: JXK 1/12 JXK037 Hanover Warm Blooded 2.0 War Horse Statue W/ Platform harness S-l16031

Lots more images here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JXK-1-12-JXK037-Hanover-Warm-Blooded-2-0-War-Horse-Statue-W-Platform-harness/174388981731?hash=item289a64afe3:g:rIAAAOSwh0pfMl4b

Now if only they could do a sculpt like this in a regular/neutral pose, in the same set of colours, and in 1/6 scale, I'd be all set... ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look gorgeous, but, again, 12-scale statues. There are some much more basic articulated 12-scale horses out there.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:They look gorgeous, but, again, 12-scale statues. There are some much more basic articulated 12-scale horses out there.

The fact that these types of model horses are static is not an issue for me. I don't mind it at all, presuming the pose they are in is versatile enough -- or, presuming I can collect enough models in different poses to have some variety.

I don't see these as 'statues' for the simple fact that they do have 'real hair', so are not fully sculpted. When it comes to model horses, I will gladly sacrifice articulation for realism and attention to anatomical detail. In that light, these still aren't 100% perfect, but the sculpting is nice enough on these that I find them pleasing to look at as they are. : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:The fact that these types of model horses are static is not an issue for me. I don't mind it at all, presuming the pose they are in is versatile enough -- or, presuming I can collect enough models in different poses to have some variety.  

I don't see these as 'statues' for the simple fact that they do have 'real hair', so are not fully sculpted. When it comes to model horses, I will gladly sacrifice articulation for realism and attention to anatomical detail. In that light, these still aren't 100% perfect, but the sculpting is nice enough on these that I find them pleasing to look at as they are. : )

I agree. This is a remarkably un-versatile pose. And yes, they are more than just statues, although that might only come handy if you have a fan right in front of them to send the hair waving. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, in all fairness, articulated animals at any scale would be so cost prohibitive (like the In Flames dogs — $267!!) that a variety of “statues” makes a bit more sense. I just wish they’d make the same animal, same coloring, in a variety of poses — that in itself might get to be expensive, as well, though. But, as we’ve seen, these companies don’t seem to be able to even get horse anatomy in a static pose entirely accurate, so can you imagine how awkward it would get if they tried to articulate them — having the joints work the way they are supposed to and all. Previous attempts with some of the jointed horses have been suspect to say the least (not to mention fairly ugly looking).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: JXK 1/12 JXK037 Hanover Warm Blooded 2.0 War Horse Statue W/ Platform harness C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, in all fairness, articulated animals at any scale would be so cost prohibitive (like the In Flames dogs — $267!!) that a variety of “statues” makes a bit more sense. I just wish they’d make the same animal, same coloring, in a variety of poses — that in itself might get to be expensive, as well, though. But, as we’ve seen, these companies don’t seem to be able to even get horse anatomy in a static pose entirely accurate, so can you imagine how awkward it would get if they tried to articulate them — having the joints work the way they are supposed to and all. Previous attempts with some of the jointed horses have been suspect to say the least (not to mention fairly ugly looking).

^^ my feeling precisely Razz

Diana

Diana
It hurts to say no to these, but the price... too high for me to justify getting something I have no real use for (doesn't fit into my story).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
AerynDiana wrote:It hurts to say no to these, but the price... too high for me to justify getting something I have no real use for (doesn't fit into my story).

Aww, yeah, completely understandable. Though I bet some of your armoured ladies would look really awesome on one of these... :')

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
AerynDiana wrote:It hurts to say no to these, but the price... too high for me to justify getting something I have no real use for (doesn't fit into my story).

Aww, yeah, completely understandable. Though I bet some of your armoured ladies would look really awesome on one of these... :')
I knooooooooooooooow. Crying or Very sad Laughing

brassco

brassco
yeah, i like that pose too. I think the next 1/6 horse i buy, it should be posable!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum