OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

brassco

brassco
Kier: Shadow of Heaven
Peer through the lens of twisted time, and gaze upon the glorious Kier: Shadow of Heaven Sixth Scale Figure. This variant of the Kier: First Sword of Death Sixth Scale Figure imagines an alternate timeline in which Kier was formed as flawlessly as her twin sister. In her ethereal perfection, she was never banished from heaven. She was praised for her single-minded rage. Her beauty, grace, and valiance are almost enough to distract from her bloodlust.

Packing List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x TBLeague female seamless body with metal skeleton
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable hands
4)1 x neck armor
5)1 x upper body armor
6)1 pair x open Wings

7)1 pair x closed Wings
8)1 pair x Wrist armors
9)1 x armband for the left arm
10)1 pair x leg armors
11)1 x sword
12)1 x skirt
13)1 x cloak
14)1 x Base with bracket

TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16461612
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16461710
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16461811
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16461910
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16462010
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16462212
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16462410
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16462511
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16462610
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16462810
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16462910
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16463111
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16463112
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16463313
TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure 16463312

#newproduct #TBLeague #SideshowCollectibles #Kier #ShadowofHeaven #female #fantasy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Absolutely lovely. I’m surprised they haven’t gone on to some of the other characters, but I’ll definitely be getting this.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure C8485110

gooboo

I really like the headsculpt on this one, but I wonder what color the skin is. From the photos it looks like it could be the regular Phicen suntan color, but maybe it could also be the same ashy color the Gethsemoni body was, in which case the head wouldn't match with the regular suntan bodies.

Valiarde

Valiarde
The head seems to have read eye...which is a bit unfortunate imo, but it still looks great.
The Photography for the promo pics are spot on very nice looking set.

Delanie

Delanie
Now this version of her I like.

mooch174

mooch174
BBTS has hiked the price compared to other TBLeague figures ($199). I wonder if that will be the standard price going forward?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Delanie, this version looks even better than the first, although I don't know enough about the source material to tell which is more iconic.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
gooboo wrote:I really like the headsculpt on this one, but I wonder what color the skin is. From the photos it looks like it could be the regular Phicen suntan color, but maybe it could also be the same ashy color the Gethsemoni body was, in which case the head wouldn't match with the regular suntan bodies.

It looks like a standard Suntan body to me. My one nit is that it is clearly one of the new bodies with the seamless ankles -- meaning she won't be able to stand up at all.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague - TBLEAGUE & SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES: PL2020-171 Kier: Shadow of Heaven 1/6 Scale Action Figure C8485110

gooboo

Not if you're willing to do a little surgery, heh.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
mooch174 wrote:BBTS has hiked the price compared to other TBLeague figures ($199). I wonder if that will be the standard price going forward?

That does seem to be the inevitable message when $199 Heaven Kier is basically a reissue of $169 Death Kier. Same license cost presumably. The $199 isn't particularly limited or a Convention Exclusive variant. "Regular" skin tone can't possibly cost more than did the unique one-off blue with bloody hands & feet; and the two bases seem comparable, etc. Almost everything correlates within the two figures with re-used existing parts making up this variant. The addition of course is the wings so we can hope that is where most of the price hike comes from. Although Death Kier was $169, other recent TBL figures were already $179 (Month Deity of War) so maybe it's $10 sheer price hike above regular Kier + $20 extra for the wings. TBL pricing has always seemed a bit wonky with some figures apparently giving more and costing less (and vice versa) so we'll see.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Tbf I expected the price hike after I saw the wings.
Lets see if this is the only reason

mooch174

mooch174
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
mooch174 wrote:BBTS has hiked the price compared to other TBLeague figures ($199). I wonder if that will be the standard price going forward?

That does seem to be the inevitable message when $199 Heaven Kier is basically a reissue of $169 Death Kier.  Same license cost presumably.  The $199 isn't particularly limited or a Convention Exclusive variant.  "Regular" skin tone can't possibly cost more than did the unique one-off blue with bloody hands & feet; and the two bases seem comparable, etc.  Almost everything correlates within the two figures with re-used existing parts making up this variant.  The addition of course is the wings so we can hope that is where most of the price hike comes from.  Although Death Kier was $169, other recent TBL figures were already $179 (Month Deity of War) so maybe it's $10 sheer price hike above regular Kier + $20 extra for the wings.  TBL pricing has always seemed a bit wonky with some figures apparently giving more and costing less (and vice versa) so we'll see.
Lady Bat was an exclusive AND had wings and was still only $175. No stand though, that I recall, and that was a couple of years ago.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
mooch174 wrote:Lady Bat was an exclusive AND had wings and was still only $175. No stand though, that I recall, and that was a couple of years ago.

Unlike Kier, Lady Bat didn't have additional new wings added for the variant.  She was a repaint of Purgatori who already had those same wings (just red which became beige) - so it wouldn't have affected price.  If anything Lady Bat should have been cheaper, because TBL did something cute: they repainted Purgatori who was a licensed Chaos/Dynamite figure, and left off the branding, presenting the variant as a different character, and presumably saving the license fees.  Whereas you can bet Sideshow is taking a hefty bite out of both versions of Kier.

mooch174

mooch174
Okay, you convinced me! I already pre-ordered it anyway. :p

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Compared to what Hot Toys wants for Golden Wonder Woman wings, or what Lucifer charges for the actual feathered wings, or the current price of chicken wings, this is all kinds of bargain.

Seriously though, this is the very definition of what an ideal Variant should be. At the manufacturing level TBL saves money and gets a greater ROI mostly re-using existing parts with a repaint; but at the aesthetic level, the resulting figure has a completely different impact than the original.

ahbake

Damn nice figure.
These Court of the Dead Sideshow alliances are easily Phicen's best.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Ok, now I'm deeply regretted for not getting the first Kier.

To be honest, this version didn't catch my eyes as much as the original Kier (with her amazing war paint on the HS and a different skin tone), but I'd definitely get her if I had the first one. Posing both Kiers side by side on this stand is gonna be a sight to see.

mooch174

mooch174
FreakinLobster wrote:Ok, now I'm deeply regretted for not getting the first Kier.

To be honest, this version didn't catch my eyes as much as the original Kier (with her amazing war paint on the HS and a different skin tone), but I'd definitely get her if I had the first one. Posing both Kiers side by side on this stand is gonna be a sight to see.
It looks like they might be re-releasing the original, BBTS has it up for pre-order again.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/96775

agentghost

agentghost
I passed on the 1st release.. but this release is awesome!!! I will PO

brassco

brassco
Oh dear TBleague...don't you know what times people are living in now? you still wanna take our money?? No brainer, must collect!

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
mooch174 wrote:
FreakinLobster wrote:Ok, now I'm deeply regretted for not getting the first Kier.

It looks like they might be re-releasing the original, BBTS has it up for pre-order again.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/96775

This is great news. Thanks for the heads up, mooch174. Hope some stores in Asia would start this PO too, since buying from US stores gets really expensive for me.

Now I got scared with the price OSK is charging for this new Kier, USD 275. Believe it or not, it's still worth ordering from them than BBST for me, since those extra 75 would be the shipping cost, plus custom fees and taxes.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Huh, interesting to see another version of her, even if I'm not actually that keen on it. I'd be more likely to consider this if it had the same body as the first version, but since it's the seamless ankle body....I'm not interested at all.

And aesthetically.... I absolutely prefer the first version. This one is very pretty, but the original version completely blew me away. This one lacks 'oomph'.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Not my line but my goodness what a gorgeous figure!
But same sentiments about the seamless ankle, very odd why TBL didn't go with the ankle joints like the previous Kier.
Also, the wings look too small for me... which is perfect for a 1/12 figure.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Head sculpt and kitbash odds and ends - yes.

Body with seamless feet - NO.

EDIT: Hopefully the halo is detachable.

....And am I the only one seeing a hint of a certain actress who plays a certain 'Wonder-ous Female' in that h/s?

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
rollotomasi wrote:Not my line but my goodness what a gorgeous figure!
But same sentiments about the seamless ankle, very odd why TBL didn't go with the ankle joints like the previous Kier.
Also, the wings look too small for me... which is perfect for a 1/12 figure.

No winged figure can ever make sense, so that’s a non-starter. If you give them great big wings like a proportionate 10x eagle, for flight the body would still have to be some super-skinny hollow-boned structure, but instead you see muscled men and women, and usually with all kinds of heavy armor.

If you get past that body issue, and you see some gorgeous comic book panel or a poster where the likes of Hawkman or Flash Gordon Birdmen look awesome, then you need to consider what they’d look like beyond the freeze-frame. They’d be flapping those huge wings beyond hummingbird speed, which could only look absolutely ridiculous. So I think you need to assume, as Hawkman kind of does, that the flying is done through some kind of magical or pseudoscientific levitation which supplies the anti-gravity, while the wings are only there for steering and control, so they can be relatively small.

Archangels, which is what Kier is, are probably a special case because of the iconography. You have to assume either they are mystical beings who look this way for symbolic reasons, or alternatively that humans imagined them this way and the archangels make their appearance match expectations. This size of wings is what you see in most angels art.

So after duly overthinking it, I’m totally fine with Kier’s wing size (while the Lucifer figure’s fullsize wings are a PITA).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum