OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chips NAM SEAL Team

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:49 am

davidd

Stryker2011 wrote:He looks cool. I like the head sculpt — looks like a cross between Chuck Connors and John Phillip Law. Does he have a name yet?

Now that you mention it, I really see that, too! Very Chuck Connors, especially around the eyes and above the cheekbones!

And speaking of John Phillip Law, I was looking online at old movie posters for Danger: Diabolik just last night!

27Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm

Chip

Thanks Dal , Dave .

28Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:21 am

Chip

Here is the fourth member in my SEAL team . Some of the weapons I have read about and seen photos of that SEAL teams got to use , seem well in front of there time . The Stoner M.G , those M.60`s with back pack ammo boxes , and here we have the China Lake pump action Grenade launcher . From what I found out , only 24 of these made it into active service and all were hand made , by the company China Lake , hence the name . The weapon operated like a pump action shotgun , and was liked by the few SEAL`s who actually got to use it . I think it`s a very interesting weapon .
     Here my SEAL grenadier , wears an ERDL cammo jacket with issued life preserver , Tiger Stripe pants , oddly this never seemed to happen the other way round , as in ERDL pants and a Tiger Stripe shirt / jacket . I think his Tiger Stripe Grenade vest would of been a custom , or hand made item to carry rounds for the China Lake launcher . He carries a shoulder holstered pistol just in case things get to close , as the grenade rounds have to carry a distance before they become armed .

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100893

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100897

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100894

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100898

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100834

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100845

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100847

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100831

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100824

29Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:33 am

BAMComix

Another great looking team member chip! You have a great knack of finding great sculpts!

30Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:10 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice SEAL grenadier. Even if the head is slightly stylized in appearance, it works beautifully.

31Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Chip

Thanks Dal , Ian , I nearly sold that head a few years ago , glad I kept hold of it , he fits in well .

32Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:49 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
He looks great. The head reminds me of Jim Hutton (who was in The Green Berets — the only movie about the Vietnam conflict that was actually shot during that time).

Here’s a picture of him from the Western “Major Dundee”

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Be8a7c10

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 C8485110

33Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:14 am

Chip

Thanks Mark , it`s a DiD sculpt , and I believe was from an early period , maybe Waterloo ? I think he looks good as a SEAL .

34Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:18 pm

Chip

Bonus Group pics .

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100907

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 P1100903

35Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:38 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Superb Chip!

36Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think in a jungle environment, at least two of them will be practically invisible. So, success! Smile

37Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chips NAM SEAL Team Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:39 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a great group shot, Chip.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Chips NAM SEAL Team  - Page 2 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum