OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GeeWillikers

gooboo wrote:Coincidentally, Super Duck is doing a set of heads of that character as well. I thought their version looked better in the promo photos, and Super Duck usually does a good job of making the actual product resemble the promotional material.
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 1cb808b2cc30e62454ab913a69b4f58c_446x595

Yep, if this is the one you mean then I've preordered that one already (it seems to be the same sculpt offered with the set sky linked to above, inexplicably renamed 'Russian Model' here Smile). It's more 'pretty' than the ZilToys one but also less generically-bland than many of SD's usual offerings, so fingers crossed.

Usually I'd wait for some in-hand pics, but I preordered it purely because I thought they'd vanish quickly like that last Facepool sculpt, but all three variants of this still seem to be available.

GeeWillikers

Diana wrote:I regret my purchase.
I guess she will be among the first to volunteer for a new face.

It'll be interesting to see how yours compares to GianToy's in-hand shots above though Diana - I know that buying sculpts is often a roulette game, but I still can't believe that such a poorly-finished product would be on the market in this day and age, it's like something from ten years ago.

Diana

GeeWillikers wrote:

It'll be interesting to see how yours compares to GianToy's in-hand shots above though Diana - I know that buying sculpts is often a roulette game, but I still can't believe that such a poorly-finished product would be on the market in this day and age, it's like something from ten years ago.

RIGHT??? All that nice shading around the eyes that you can see in the promo shots is missing.
I did also pre-order that SuperDuck sculpt. Hopefully that will be better.

Ghost808

Agreed. At this point, I'm glad I went with the super duck version (though I'll probably have to wait years to get it, knowing super duck).

Sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. But thanks GeeWillikers for the heads up (no pun intended) That's the risk with this hobby, I guess. Pre order and risk a bad item, or wait and maybe miss out altogether.

Diana

Diana
I'm still waiting for mine. I'll post photos when it arrives.

Diana

Diana
In hand she didn't disappoint me as much as expected. I quite like her, considering she suits the smaller bodies!

There is not much hair underneath what you see. I started loosening it a bit and just saw scalp underneath. That could probably be fixed with careful styling though.

Her skin color is between pale and suntan, so kinda fits both/neither.

Here she is on the suntan S25B, followed by the pale S37A.

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S2510
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S25_0110
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S25_0210
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S3710
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S37_0110
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S37_0210
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S37_0310
NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 S37_0410

Saturn

Saturn
Diana wrote:In hand she didn't disappoint me as much as expected. I quite like her, considering she suits the smaller bodies!

There is not much hair underneath what you see. I started loosening it a bit and just saw scalp underneath. That could probably be fixed with careful styling though.

Her skin color is between pale and suntan, so kinda fits both/neither.

Here she is on the suntan S25B, followed by the pale S37A.

Thank you for the pictures!
It looks to me quite a lifelike, characteristic face. Good news that it fits both skin tones.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Oh, that's actually not so bad in the end.

Just goes to show how big a part sympathetic lighting can play in this hobby/vocation/obsession.

It's not a huge difference, but I do think it works best with the pale body (which is no bad thing, considering how difficult it is to find matching heads for those).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, Diana. She looks like Black Widow's sister. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the pictures Diana! I'm glad she doesn't look like she hasn't slept for a week. That was one of the things that bugged me from the prototype pics.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
The sculpt itself is beautiful. I’m getting a Katherine Heigl vibe from it. I would probably be hunting one down right now if she was better rooted and had a full head of hair.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Haven't found an extra thread for Ziltoys Z003 head, but it just got released and I'm eying for a head with a sideways view.

NEW PRODUCT: 1/6 ZILTOYS: Z001 Jill Female Head Sculpt - Page 2 4eedc6ce160ecacad10876982ae9c1c2_217f10f9-e9cc-4b91-8f57-7195735ab75c_532x532

If anyone can find in hand pics, it would be appreciated.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks pretty great in the promotional image, Valiarde.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum