OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:54 am

gooboo

I've been waiting for this one to become available for awhile, and now you can place an order. It looks like it's a fully articulated skeleton- something I've been wanting to have as an art model for quite some time. It's not cheap though, on the website it says they're selling for 250 Euros (about $300).

Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Skelet12

Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Skelet10

Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Skelet11

I've seen other 1/6 skeleton models before, like the CooModel versions, but I don't think any of those look or pose as good as this does. Would be really great to have a convenient, posable skeleton to use as reference for my artwork.

http://www.fattel.org/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those Italians. They sure can design fancy shoes and fancy skeleton action figures. Smile

And yes, it does look good and much more poseable than the CooModel plastic version. Good call making the joints a dark color. But in the review video (linked below) the head looks quite cartoonish to me.

gooboo

Yes the skull is rather stylized, unfortunately. It would have been nice if they went with a more realistic face, but otherwise I'm impressed with this model.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I liked it better in the first video that you linked, gooboo, but I guess something changed in production. Unless what we see in the second video is not the final product either?

gooboo

I think that second video was an earlier version. They might have made a few changes for this upcoming one.

Chip

Thanks for showing us . I would probably buy that if it were not so expensive , I like it but not quite that much .

shazzdan

shazzdan
It is way too expensive and the skull is not realistic. I miss the old Coomodel one - I was buying them for less than $40 ea. It isn't as poseable as the above skeleton but you could buy seven Coomodels for the price of one Fattel.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-071516b.htm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah prices skyrocked for sure in this hobby. Even simple skeleton figures by coo cost a fortune now.

As for fattel, I wrote them a message mid 2020 and they told me because of the pandemic they are not doing business right now. Was interested in some of their designs.
Fattel is a two man business and I think they design each one by hand - so no mass production.

Still a steep price such a figure.

9Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:25 am

gooboo

I got a response from Fattel today-

"Currently FATTEL is working on the project for the Kickstarter (crowdfunding) scheduled for autumn 2021 which will give the possibility to purchase the "OSSEUS" skeleton at a lower cost and with four customizations "The 4 skeletons of the Apocalypse".

With the COVID-19 pandemic that began in March 2020 and is still ongoing, FATTEL has halved its production and investment capacity in the FATTEL world to a minimum, so we decided to produce the limited edition "OSSEUS" skeleton in April 2021.

The cost of the "OSSEUS" skeleton in 1: 6 scale with 90 points of articulation is € 250.00 including shipping (Shipping agency: MBE Mail Boxes Etc - fast shipping).

Orders will be shipped from 03/05/2021 all over the world."

Sounds like there will be a kickstarter later this year for those who want to get the skeleton at a lower price. Now I'm trying to decide whether my impatience or cheapness is stronger at the moment.

10Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:59 am

Delanie

Delanie
i'll be interested to see how the joints are connected. i love the mobile scapulae and clavicle joints expensive but does look good

11Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:24 pm

ministryofwrath

ministryofwrath
I tired to make a order, but he never contacted me back.... I want one so bad.

12Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Delanie

Delanie
On a slightly unrelated note I attended the accident department yesterday and was told by the practitioner that women have more ribs than men, anyone counted the ribs on this?

To be honest i couldn't believe she actually said that it really makes me worried for the training of our medical staff

13Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:53 pm

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
when i bought a coo model skeleton years ago it was at 99€ from my "local" online store, reasonable for being packed with a few ancient/medieval accessories like a fantasy shield and spear.
fast forward a few years and i already had to replace two joints for the pegs and ball locked in place due to being in a fixated pose over a long time and simply broke off.

and that's my main gripe with skeleton figures as a whole, i personally use them as backdrop decorations. heaps of bones or the occasional chained to the wall corpse.
i don't doubt fattel's quality but given the price for a bone-mannequin i easily pass.

3d printed ones are far from perfect, not the model mind you but the trouble you gonna go through peeling off the support structure. never had a batch without the ribcage breaking off here and there.
so for say 20-40€ i would buy some figures for a more "sturdy" use.
but excessive use of super glue or not, nothing beats the price for printing a whole skeleton at 2-4€ max, spray paint included for just laying amongst a pile of bones.

one thing though thats a real downside is the looseness of joints after putting them together, but that might be due to me sole pla usage.

as a "whole" figure though fattel had a few interesting ideas like the undead conquistador or red indian chief if i remember correctly. so for recreating that stop motion era i think they'd be perfect.

14Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:15 am

gooboo

Well after a long delay it seems like the kickstarter has finally been scheduled. On their website they say 5/28/2022, though I still don't see any information as to how much it will cost.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1849010926/the-4-skeletons-of-the-apocalypse-1-6th-action-figures

Whatever the price I believe it's going to be less than the $300 I first posted. I've been waiting a long time for these as I would absolutely love to have some as poseable art models. Skeletons are a pain in the ass to draw well.

15Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:44 pm

Diana

Diana
Oooh they look great! I might get tempted to get one for drawing reference as well. Otherwise it probably wouldn't be on display much. Not the vibe I'm looking for. Laughing

16Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:28 pm

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
That's around £2000-3000 to indulge my inner 10 year-old by recreating the skeleton side of the fight scene from Jason And The Argonauts...

*goes to check out some ancient Greek warrior figures*

17Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:19 pm

davidd

davidd
GeeWillikers wrote:That's around £2000-3000 to indulge my inner 10 year-old by recreating the skeleton side of the fight scene from Jason And The Argonauts...

Would totally be worth it! Razz

18Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:18 am

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
davidd wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:That's around £2000-3000 to indulge my inner 10 year-old by recreating the skeleton side of the fight scene from Jason And The Argonauts...

Would totally be worth it! Razz

It totally would Very Happy

19Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:23 am

gooboo

They just said on their website that the skeletons would be 150 Euros, not a bad price I think for such poseable skeletons.

20Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:16 am

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
gooboo wrote:They just said on their website that the skeletons would be 150 Euros, not a bad price I think for such poseable skeletons.

In principle, that's absolutely true. But I can understand how people would be hesitant to commit in advance. The Coo skeletons looked excellent in their promo pics, and it was only when they were actually in hand that scale inadequacy and joints ineptness proved them to be virtually useless. Fattel's best hope should be to find enough gamblers and risk-takers to at least break even on the first wave, and if that happens, and the reviews are positive, then "once burnt, twice shy" guys like me will be all in for a hopeful second wave.

21Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:10 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
gooboo wrote:They just said on their website that the skeletons would be 150 Euros, not a bad price I think for such poseable skeletons.

In principle, that's absolutely true.  But I can understand how people would be hesitant to commit in advance.  The Coo skeletons looked excellent in their promo pics, and it was only when they were actually in hand that scale inadequacy and joints ineptness proved them to be virtually useless.  Fattel's best hope should be to find enough gamblers and risk-takers to at least break even on the first wave, and if that happens, and the reviews are positive, then "once burnt, twice shy" guys like me will be all in for a hopeful second wave.

The first coo skeletons were quiet usebale. But the new metal ones are useless trash imo. I hate mine lol. It is good for a decoration in a diorama but not for a undead warrior of any kind.

These fattel ones look really cool and hopefully will work out for that little company. Love the Riders of the Apocalypse idea. Even if they are missing horses

22Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Sat May 28, 2022 11:35 pm

gooboo

The kickstarter is now live. The price for a single, plain skeleton is 125 Euros, which is less than I thought it would be. Now I'm wondering if I'll get more than one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1849010926/the-4-skeletons-of-the-apocalypse-1-6th-action-figures

Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Fattel10

23Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:23 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I tried to message Fattel through their website several times this year but they never respond. I wonder how they make business...?!

24Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:44 pm

gooboo

Yeah I think this project probably isn't going anywhere at this point.

25Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Empty Re: Fattel OSSEUS 1/6 articulated skeleton Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It seems to be hit and miss with companies these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum