OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Barbarian Soul Review (updated March 9)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Theboo-bomb

Looks good, I'm glad I wasn the only one that noticed the child skulls. He looks like a mixture between something from ESO and Warcraft, maybe a death knight nord of the imperial stormwind or something. 😀

BAD WOLF-787

Great looking figure and review!

I've been considering getting some lose parts from him (like the horned helmet) and the Sideshow Collectibles Wonder Woman to build a Wonder Woman the Goddess of War figure.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks good, I'm glad I wasn the only one that noticed the child skulls. He looks like a mixture between something from ESO and Warcraft, maybe a death knight nord of the imperial stormwind or something. 😀

Thank you. As usual, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to games, but I trust your expertise to find/make a connection.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking figure and review! I've been considering getting some lose parts from him (like the horned helmet) and the Sideshow Collectibles Wonder Woman to build a Wonder Woman the Goddess of War figure.

Thank you very much. It is a very impressive helmet. Pretty tight, too, so it might not be too big for a Wonder Woman head.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

csyeung

Thanks for the detailed review! I like your toned down version. I wonder how they put the tattoo on the chest. Maybe a waterslide decal? Looks very clean.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Thanks for the detailed review! I like your toned down version. I wonder how they put the tattoo on the chest. Maybe a waterslide decal? Looks very clean.

You're welcome and thank you. I'm glad you like the slightly-toned-down version too. I agree, the tattoo is impressive. Seems to be stable and very sharply, cleanly executed. I suppose same technique as they used on Kier or the Dead Queen (I forget). I don't think it's a decal. I would have tried to get the parted-out tattooed body, but am trying to spend less on this hobby and couldn't talk myself into it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I just got a parted-out body from this set and can confirm that it is indeed M35. And it arrived just in time for the Jiaou and TBLeague comparison review (HERE)! Anyway, since there was some discussion of this, here are a couple of close-up, unobstructed shorts of the tattoo. I only really noticed the difference in each "pitchfork" design now.

TBLeague Barbarian Soul Review (updated March 9) - Page 2 Tblbar30

TBLeague Barbarian Soul Review (updated March 9) - Page 2 Tblbar31

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool! that tattoo is awesome!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That head works great on that body. Is that a knockoff or the real deal?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague Barbarian Soul Review (updated March 9) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Very cool! that tattoo is awesome!

Thanks, I thought so too. Of course, I can claim no artistic credit for it myself. It is just the fine work of those fine folk working for TBLeague. Now if they could do some more paint aps on their bodies... Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:That head works great on that body. Is that a knockoff or the real deal?

Thank you, I thought so too -- glad I tried it and it matched well -- from the very first try. It is the real thing, which I got parted out. Didn't know what I would use it for, but it was just too perfect to miss.

ZombieTestSubject

Thanks for the review. That was a lot of great pics and so much information. Made sense to me. And I agree, the "toned-down" version looks so much better for relative realism. Also appreciate the clear shot of the detailed tattoo. Nice choice of head there too.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Excellent and useful review. Little known fact: in the Barbarian culture, if a warrior especially distinguishes himself in battle, this is celebrated by covering his body in glue and throwing him into a pit filled with Halloween decorations...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Thanks for the review. That was a lot of great pics and so much information. Made sense to me. And I agree, the "toned-down" version looks so much better for relative realism. Also appreciate the clear shot of the detailed tattoo. Nice choice of head there too.

You are very welcome, and thank you for the kind words.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Excellent and useful review.  Little known fact:  in the Barbarian culture, if a warrior especially distinguishes himself in battle, this is celebrated by covering his body in glue and throwing him into a pit filled with Halloween decorations...

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. And thank you for figuring out what on earth was going on when they went for these design choices. I had no idea! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum