OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

This time around something a bit more canon looking for a change, I've always liked the look of the tusken raiders, mysterious sand dwellers who kill podracers for fun and attack defenseless droids to prove how though they are. However I never acquired one since I prefer my imperials but I still wanted one, and  the cheapest and easiest tusken raider parts come from the hasbro/kenner figures they made. Back in the day they produced two, the first release tusken came with an imperial blaster and some macrobinuculars, the second release came with a gaffi stick, the more commonly known and associated weapon with the tusken.
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 LM0Y40i
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 ZmSDRyk
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 VBdbQ5K
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 TVSZjNE

All I used is hasbro including the body underneath, I made the Swedish style belt myself and the bandoleer too, the gaffi stick I simply repainted and weathered. The foot wraps are the boots the figure came with but repainted and weathered much like the gloves. I dirtied the robe a little bit since it was the only way to hide the tan paint blotches that the robes come with. The arm and head have strips of cloth while the under shirt is made from screen cleaning wipes.
Here's the only before pictures I took of this guy.
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 E3iZEZP
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 Gj9VENr

I'm sure the headsculpt could have worked with a simple repaint and getting stuck back on the hasbro neck conector but why do that when I can make it cooler? For the head I cut out the face part and horns and stuck them on a kenner snowtrooper head blank and then wrapped it in strips of cloth, it couldn't be simpler than that.
Well I hope this was interesting to look at, for now however have fun and stay safe out there.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think he looks phenomenal. One of your most impressive kitbashes, and this one certainly seems to overcome the odd proportions of the original line. Well done!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That turned great. Nice job on the repaints and the weathering.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:I think he looks phenomenal. One of your most impressive kitbashes, and this one certainly seems to overcome the odd proportions of the original line. Well done!

Thanks Gubernator. You saying it's the most impressive kitbash I've made makes me laugh, I spent so little time on him, far less than on my mudtrooper. I guess it's the weathering, it really does add more detail.

Stryker2011 wrote:That turned great. Nice job on the repaints and the weathering.

Thanks Stryker. The magic is in the weathering.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f60e

Ovy

Ovy
Oouh Ouuh (Tusken noise) how could I miss this? 

Really great job, love the tissues and fabrics there. Looks very accurate and weathering really does a lot.

And it seems these guys aren't so bad if you speak their language.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I love it! Very well done, especially the weathering. Nice one!

Diana

Diana
Oh this is so cool!! Thank you for sharing! Very inspiring to see what can be achieved.

blackpool

blackpool
Awesome work!!!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Ovy wrote:Oouh Ouuh (Tusken noise) how could I miss this? 

Really great job, love the tissues and fabrics there. Looks very accurate and weathering really does a lot.

And it seems these guys aren't so bad if you speak their language.

Thanks Ovy, the tuskens just want people to leave their planet and not come back, which considering their (legends) history makes sense. That said they sometimes take in non tuskens into their clans such as in the case of Darth Krayt.

Valiarde wrote:I love it! Very well done, especially the weathering. Nice one!

Thanks Valiarde!
AerynDiana wrote:Oh this is so cool!! Thank you for sharing! Very inspiring to see what can be achieved.

Thanks AerynDiana, the idea of doing this is not originally mine, I had seen similar bashes in other forums a long time ago.
blackpool wrote:Awesome work!!!

Thanks Blackpool.

ZombieTestSubject

Great looking raider. Maybe I should look into modifying one like you did, doubt Ill go for one of the pricier versions. Thanks for the inspiration.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Very cool!! Love the bandages! Did something similar with one of my Hasbro ones, really should work on the other one now with The Book Of Boba Fett revolving around them.

Chip

He looks great , the pouches are very creative , artistic and well done . Nice looking figure .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looking at the official Hot Toys and Sideshow releases, I'm still amazed at how good this custom based on the old Hasbro/Kenner figures turned out to be. I actually tried to get one to customize, but almost as soon as I ordered it, I got an e-mail that it had already been sold and mistakenly relisted, plus a refund. Not a scam, but a little disheartening. Gearing up to trying again -- although I already bit the bullet and ordered a bunch of parted out HT parts for "reconstitution."

BAMComix

BAMComix
Really nice figure! Thanks for the pics!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
ZombieTestSubject wrote:Great looking raider. Maybe I should look into modifying one like you did, doubt Ill go for one of the pricier versions. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks, glad to be of inspiration

shovelchop81 wrote:Very cool!! Love the bandages! Did something similar with one of my Hasbro ones, really should work on the other one now with The Book Of Boba Fett revolving around them.
Thanks shovelchop, I'm currently working on one but I plan on two additional ones so this guy isn't so lonely.

Chip wrote:He looks great , the pouches are very creative , artistic and well done . Nice looking figure .
Thanks Chip.

GubernatorFan wrote:Looking at the official Hot Toys and Sideshow releases, I'm still amazed at how good this custom based on the old Hasbro/Kenner figures turned out to be. I actually tried to get one to customize, but almost as soon as I ordered it, I got an e-mail that it had already been sold and mistakenly relisted, plus a refund. Not a scam, but a little disheartening. Gearing up to trying again -- although I already bit the bullet and ordered a bunch of parted out HT parts for "reconstitution."

Thanks Gubernator, strange what happened on that purchase, I was going to grab some of those HT parts but I arrived too late.
BAMComix wrote:Really nice figure! Thanks for the pics!
Thanks Bam.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sure the usual part out places will be parting it out again. But boy, it gets expensive!

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Cool modifications. This turned out really great. [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f44d [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f44d [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f44d

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:I'm sure the usual part out places will be parting it out again. But boy, it gets expensive!
I'll try to keep an eye on the belts, the rest can be easily replicated but making those belts is time consuming. [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f605

Randam Hajile wrote:Cool modifications. This turned out really great.  [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f44d  [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f44d  [Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 1f44d  
Thanks Randam, glad you enjoyed the custom work.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I can only imagine. Amazed with what you did with them belts.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking figure!

21[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 Empty New Tuskens Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:36 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello everyone!

Since it's about tuskens I've decided to use this already conveniently tuskeny thread of my own to showcase two of my new ones, nothing fancy really, one is a custom one and the other is done using hasbro parts (my favorite), they where inspired by the book of boba fett tuskens who seem to deviate somewhat from the tusken's we've seen, naturally since they did it I too decided to give my own spin on the good ol' tuskens though I still drew some inspiration from the ones on the show. A custom gaffi stick, some greeblied rifle, and an attempt at sculpting a race with no official face,  fun times where had.

[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 YZZygEw
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 Ppz75j6
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 3JK1oFX
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 QEYzQ09
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 T0GznDS
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 BqZ6741
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 N6vrxBy
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 D4R44Dm
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 KSt7kRD
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 FqO20oG
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 KDUdmzo
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 Q5t3jfU
[Star Wars] It's Tusken Raider time! Now with (2) more Tusken! - Updated March 22, 2022 DVb9uxl

And my interpretation of the tusken, I figured they where probably lizard like people or something, who knows that's up to Lucasfilm/Disney now, I've seen a few concepts of them, most of which seem to be of mammals but none of reptiles or even fish like, who knows how they look. Overall, it's always fun to make tuskens, you just need some scrap pieces of cloth and you are already 90% there. And well, that's all for now, stay safe out there and keep on having fun.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice work. Both on the conventional Tuskens and the new one. Is that mask from the Boba Fett show? I like the mammal Tusken you made, and the blue eyes remind me of the Sci Fi channel Dune series -- which is a good thing.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Very cool customs! I loved the way BoBF showed a different side of the Tusken Raiders, and I love your interpretation of them likewise. I appreciate how each has their own unique style, they've come a long way since the older films. I've always wondered what they look like under those masks, the lizard face is so creepy and well done. You and Valiarde are killing it with these sandy Tatooine dioramas. 👍

Ovy

Ovy
Ah now know how they look, thanks! Beautifully sculpted. I got monkey vibes which fit the sounds they make.

And yeah blue eyes are a nice touch.

I think the one with the slit goggles is a female? Reminds me of those Inuit snow goggles which might work in deserts as well.

Sadly that fun black Tusken Part in Boba felt more like a short movie in retrospect with no real connection to the bigger picture.

Chip

These are so cool , did you you glue the leather ? Together for the pouches , they were worth the effort in my opinion .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum