OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL x HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Legion-Caesar the Great Deluxe Edition/Single Player/Courage Set-Updated texture map

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Totally missed this...
It's great to see a representation of Caesar, but I'm not a fan of Cleopatra or Rex Harrison's interpretation, so this wouldn't be for me...

I’m with you. I actually thought John Gielgud did a better job in Julius Caesar (from the Shakespeare play).

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
There he is, the one on the left! Well done, Ovy!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

Left one is also my favourite Wink

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The one on the right looks like Sylvester Stallone. The one on the left is definitely the one. Nice job.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL x HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Legion-Caesar the Great Deluxe Edition/Single Player/Courage Set-Updated texture map - Page 2 C8485110

ahbake

Ovy wrote:Veni, vidi, printi. Razz

NEW PRODUCT: HHMODEL x HAOYUTOYS: 1/6 Imperial Legion-Caesar the Great Deluxe Edition/Single Player/Courage Set-Updated texture map - Page 2 Img_2066

Awesome!
I remember Ignite's old Caesar figure, I never got it, but I liked the look of it.
Odd that Kaustic Plastik haven't delved into historical figures like Caesar, Pompeii Magnus, Crassus, Mark Antony, etc. They would make great sets, both in battle gear and with extras for Triumphs and Senate work...

Valiarde

Valiarde
ahbake wrote:

Odd that Kaustic Plastik haven't delved into historical figures like Caesar, Pompeii Magnus, Crassus, Mark Antony, etc. They would make great sets, both in battle gear and with extras for Triumphs and Senate work...

Yeah Kaustic being very much into Romans but skipped the obvious famous ones? Well at least it is a chance for kitbashers to try their thing.
But I expect some companies going into it sooner than later.

Very Happy

agentghost

agentghost
hmm. i want the saddle and the horse accessories.. but that is one FUGLY horse

do ppl part the horse accessories out on Ebay?

I have too many horses to buy another FUGLY one like this Mad

JohnByng

GubernatorFan wrote:Very interesting. I'm glad they did two head sculpts, and they look great, although they don't exactly "scream" Caesar to me. The display bust is also a good idea, given we get two sculpts. I think they gave him too much hair, and he liked wearing the laurel wreath precisely to disguise his increasing baldness. Maybe the laurel wreath should have been a bit "bushier," too. Some aspects of the equipment don't look convincing to me, like the helmet or the bracelents/vambraces (they are obsessed with providing those to their Roman figures). What do our horse experts think of the horse? Looks a little off to me, but I'm not all that familiar with horses.

It screams "bank manager" to me! Rex Harrison had a very characterful face, whereas this guy looks like he needs a nap. As for the braccae - trousers - they would have been useful in Britannia but maybe not so much in Egypt?

I don't think he wears them in the film but I could be wrong.

Anyone hot for the helmet?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:It screams "bank manager" to me! Rex Harrison had a very characterful face, whereas this guy looks like he needs a nap. As for the braccae - trousers - they would have been useful in Britannia but maybe not so much in Egypt?

It has been too long since I've seen the film, but in principle you're right, the braccae ought to be unrealistic -- they are a Gallic garment adopted in the Roman military at a later date. To me the helmet looks more Hollywood than realistic, too.

JohnByng

GubernatorFan wrote:
JohnByng wrote:It screams "bank manager" to me! Rex Harrison had a very characterful face, whereas this guy looks like he needs a nap. As for the braccae - trousers - they would have been useful in Britannia but maybe not so much in Egypt?

It has been too long since I've seen the film, but in principle you're right, the braccae ought to be unrealistic -- they are a Gallic garment adopted in the Roman military at a later date. To me the helmet looks more Hollywood than realistic, too.

Yes, the helmet is weird!

agentghost

agentghost
I just cancel my PO (the first roman Haoyutoys I did this). The armor color scheme is atrocious, the human sculpt is weird, and the horse body.... oh god it is fugly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum