OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

csyeung

Thanks for the comparisons. Super helpful! How do you find the skin matching with most head sculpts?

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Good review. Still not sure about this body.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Thanks for the comparisons. Super helpful! How do you find the skin matching with most head sculpts?
You are very welcome, glad it was helpful. Skin matching is a little difficult. To begin with, Jiaou has traditionally exaggerated the colors in their promotional materials, and in hand they tend to be paler and less saturated than on those materials. The lighter skin tones, WS (white skin?) and YS (yellow skin?) are pretty much useless to me, as I have practically nothing to match them to in my collection of hundreds of heads; YS is probably identical to the Kamisoul body I reviewed earlier and have for comparison purposes above, and it actually does match with some unpainted resin head sculpts! Big comfort there. BS (wheat skin) and PS ("black" skin) are easier to match, BS being pretty close to DAM and ES bodies, and just a little lighter than TBLeague/Phicen male suntan; PS is also comparable to the last, but in slightly darker and duller skin tone; the heads that I match with it are what I would describe as a pinkish tan.
I hope this makes sense.

Stryker2012 wrote:Good review. Still not sure about this body.
Thank you very much. I myself am not "sure" about this body at all. Smile Its functionality and range is good, almost as good as a TBLeague/Phicen, but visually it bothers me (too lanky perhaps, the narrow waist, the wide hips). I am not regretting picking these up, but I'm stopping with these two.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

rollotomasi

@Gub, you have so much headsculpts i was wondering if you have this Eddie Peng Yu-Yan headsculpt,
which I want to match to a JD JOK-17-A-BS (wheat). The BS price is around $70 and the head $20
so just doing a little research before I decide.

Or any one of you that has this head, please chime in regarding the skintone. Thanks!

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Headhu10

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Headhu11

(Sorry, I also posted in the JOK-17 thread... please just delete this as you see fit.)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@Gub, you have so much headsculpts i was wondering if you have this Eddie Peng Yu-Yan headsculpt,
which I want to match to a JD JOK-17-A-BS (wheat). The BS price is around $70 and the head $20

Or any one of you that has this head, please chime in regarding the skintone. Thanks!

(Sorry, I also posted in the JOK-17 thread... please just delete this as you see fit.)
I think I have it, or maybe an earlier version of it. But I will have to look.
Is this it in some photos of my 2016 guest review for Michael Crawford/Captain Toy?
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-120216b.htm
If so I have it and probably can find it -- most head sculpts from back then are neatly filed in boxes and catalogued -- unless I removed them to use and forgot to file them back. Smile
CORRECTION: It appears that the head sculpt in the linked review is actually Lee Byunghun. The Eddie Peng one rang a bell, because I wanted to get it, but apparently have not done so yet.

redplague

Hello! I made this account because I wanted to ask you wonderful people for some advice. Recently I have purchased a Jiaou JO-K10A-BS body (wheat color). Being new in the custom dolls department I fail matched the head sculpt - the colors are way off and kind of an eye sore. So I just wanted to ask: any suggestions for this particular body mold? JO-K10A-BS

Sorry for my bad english and thank you!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
redplague wrote:Hello! I made this account because I wanted to ask you wonderful people for some advice. Recently I have purchased a Jiaou JO-K10A-BS body (wheat color). Being new in the custom dolls department I fail matched the head sculpt - the colors are way off and kind of an eye sore. So I just wanted to ask: any suggestions for this particular body mold? JO-K10A-BS

Don't the examples above give you suggestions? Look at the bodies with BS in the name, or specifically K10A-BS. I think there are several examples.

redplague

GubernatorFan wrote:
redplague wrote:Hello! I made this account because I wanted to ask you wonderful people for some advice. Recently I have purchased a Jiaou JO-K10A-BS body (wheat color). Being new in the custom dolls department I fail matched the head sculpt - the colors are way off and kind of an eye sore. So I just wanted to ask: any suggestions for this particular body mold? JO-K10A-BS

Don't the examples above give you suggestions? Look at the bodies with BS in the name, or specifically K10A-BS. I think there are several examples.

Thank you, I'll get right on that! I get lost on forums, please forgive me I didn't mean no disrespect.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
redplague wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Don't the examples above give you suggestions? Look at the bodies with BS in the name, or specifically K10A-BS. I think there are several examples.

Thank you, I'll get right on that! I get lost on forums, please forgive me I didn't mean no disrespect.

Not at all, I just wasn't sure you saw them and they still didn't provide enough ideas. I recommend you go back to the beginning of this topic and browse through the various posts, checking out the images for ideas. If you have questions on those, we'll try to point you in the right direction. Even if there is some minor variation in the product over time, any of the BS skin tone bodies would be approximately the same in color. The thread/topic starts here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3830-jiaou-doll-male-bodies-10a-11c-12d-17a-updated-may-2023-with-tbleague-m30-m31-m32-m33-m35-comparison

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:@Gub, you have so much headsculpts i was wondering if you have this Eddie Peng Yu-Yan headsculpt,

Hi Rollo. I did end up getting that Eddie head and tested it on JOK 17A BS (wheat). It is a reasonably good color match (just a tiny bit warmer in color than the body). It might appear slightly large for this slender body, you be the judge. If you use it, you would need to stuff the neck with something to make it wider, to look better with the head (that's what I did). Also, I removed the inside neck connector and replaced it with a thick rolled up foamie (although I did this because the previous head I had on that body was stick pretty good and didn't want to have to fight with it again).

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Epy0110
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Epy0210
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Epy0310

Diana

Diana
Gub, you rock. Your commitment to this forum and willingness to help is much appreciated. Just sayin'. I love you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Gub, you rock. Your commitment to this forum and willingness to help is much appreciated. Just sayin'. I love you

Thanks Diana, I appreciate that. Like I mentioned before, I was planning on getting that head (which is why I thought I might already have it) anyway, so I saw it for a good price and went for it. So when it arrived yesterday, I thought I'd give Rollo his answer. Hope he sees it. But if he took a chance anyway, I think the skin ton match would be satisfactory.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Wow thanks, Gub! I really appreciate the pics.
The skintones are a good match but yeah the head looks larger than I expected
whereas your comparison pics with the Charlie Cox head & long-haired head look nicely proportioned to the 17A body.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Wow thanks, Gub! I really appreciate the pics.
whereas your comparison pics with the Charlie Cox head & long-haired head look nicely proportioned to the 17A body.

You are very welcome. Yes, maybe it is the length of the head, in part due to the fluffy hairdo. By the way, the short-cropped Eddie head sculpt is a great skin tone match for TBLeague's male suntan and works good on M33.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
rollotomasi wrote:Wow thanks, Gub! I really appreciate the pics.

GubernatorFan wrote:By the way, the short-cropped Eddie head sculpt is a great skin tone match for TBLeague's male suntan and works good on M33.

Just to illustrate what I meant, I remembered to snap a photo:
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Epy0410

Esganado

GubernatorFan wrote:Jiaou 17A Bodies

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Jxviia12

I really like the head with the long hair in the JIAOU body.
Can't find it for sale anywhere.
What head is this? And where can I find it? Please?
Very Happy
Thank you!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Esganado wrote:

I really like the head with the long hair in the JIAOU body.
Can't find it for sale anywhere.
What head is this? And where can I find it? Please?
Very Happy
Thank you!

Hi. I looked it up. The brand is End I Toys, and the set from which it was parted out was called The Legend of Dagger Lee.
Good luck.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
All Jiaou male bodies compared to each other

This post compares the characteristics and height of the four Jiaou male bodies produced so far. While they are available in up to four different skin tones, depending on the model, all four sample bodies in this post have an identical "wheat" (BS) skin tone. (If it does not appear identical in a photo, it would be due to lighting.)

The approximate height indicated (in cm) is for the bodies up to the top of the head in the first photo and up to the top of the neck ball joint in the last photo.

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Jdall010
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Jdall011
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Jdall012
Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 Jdall013

BAMComix

BAMComix
that's a really useful comparison chart, thanks for sharing!

Esganado

Thank you so much for sharing! This takes time and work and I'm grateful you did it. This line up is very useful and explicit. I thought 10A would be overall smaller than 12D, but it's not. I'm really liking that body.

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is so helpful! These body types are still pretty unfamiliar with me so I'm happy to have these pics

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:that's a really useful comparison chart, thanks for sharing!

Thanks Dal, glad you find it useful!

Esganado wrote:Thank you so much for sharing! This takes time and work and I'm grateful you did it. This line up is very useful and explicit. I thought 10A would be overall smaller than 12D, but it's not. I'm really liking that body.

You are very welcome, I'm happy it helps you compare and decide between these bodies. I guess we never had more than two different Jiaous (skin tone apart) in the same comparison before, except for one line up from the side.

Valiarde wrote:That is so helpful! These body types are still pretty unfamiliar with me so I'm happy to have these pics

Thank you very much, Simon. I don't use them as much (though I have used a few female Jiaous for dressed up figures), so in some ways they are still somewhat unfamiliar to me. I think you'll see a couple more relatively unfamiliar bodies if you look at the White Men can Jump thread. Wink

Ephiane

Ephiane
Oh, thanks for showing! I've been looking for very slim bodies to modify for goblins, elves, etc. for a long time. Is it still the case that the Jihauo bodies only have a fake metal head adapter and the rest of the skeleton is mostly made of plastic? The fact that Jihaou bodies are presented as TBL bodies on sales portals has always made these bodies a bit unappealing to me. Sorry for this negative opinion, but I think the skeleton and silicone are a bit inferior to the TBL body.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The Jiaou 10 is my fave male body they've done so far, I really need to get more of them...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Oh, thanks for showing! I've been looking for very slim bodies to modify for goblins, elves, etc. for a long time. Is it still the case that the Jihauo bodies only have a fake metal head adapter and the rest of the skeleton is mostly made of plastic? The fact that Jihaou bodies are presented as TBL bodies on sales portals has always made these bodies a bit unappealing to me. Sorry for this negative opinion, but I think the skeleton and silicone are a bit inferior to the TBL body.

You are very welcome, Ephiane. I'm happy if it helps you. Last I checked, the joints are metal but in between there is plastic. If I recall correctly. I was very positively impressed by the 17A's range of articulation, but in principle I still prefer the full-metal skeleton smoother-moving TBLeague bodies. And I also agree that TBLeague's TPE (not really silicone despite them calling it that at first) is a little more user-friendly, especially for us who like to recolor the bodies. Jiaou bodies also have some strange features when it comes to proportions -- narrow waists, wide hips, overly long upper legs in some cases. 
For Jiaou's 17A, see in a previous post in this thread and also my Kamisoul MAF body review (I suspect this is a clone of Jiaou's 17A -- at any rate it is very similar, though it has nicer feet) --
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6542-new-kamisoul-maf-extreme-seamless-body-with-jiaou-and-tbleague-comparison

skywalkersaga wrote:The Jiaou 10 is my fave male body they've done so far, I really need to get more of them...
I think that makes good sense -- it has less exaggerated features than the others and a somewhat more "ideal average" look to it. By the way, that's the one they marketed as a teenager or young male, at least originally.
Have you seen a good use (finally) of the TBL M36 here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7762-white-men-can-jump-enterbay-s-luka-doncic-and-more-photo-heavy ?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Good comparison pics. Thanks for doing that, Ian.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Jiaou Doll Male Bodies (10A, 11C, 12D, 17A) with TBLeague (M30, M31, M32, M33, M35) comparisons, Updated 8 February 2024 - Page 4 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Good comparison pics. Thanks for doing that, Ian.
Thank you, Mark, I'm very glad you liked it. I figured we have plenty of comparisons between Jiaou and TBLeague, but not enough between Jiaou and Jiaou side by side. And there's only four body molds anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum