OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

BAMComix

He looks right at home there! wonderful pics Very Happy

A Man

The forest in spring is beautiful. No wonder Baby Groot looks happy.

Illusion

Thanks everyone for dropping a line. Glad you enjoy him once again.
I should take him to the forest again. Maybe I can take some pics that are not too much alike the above... or the bigger Groot - but then there is the issue with scale again Laughing

29Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 Empty A walkman for Baby Groot Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:42 am

Illusion

The very first item I made myself was for Baby Groot in March 2018. I made a walkman for him.

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 39145237480_970f7b30de_z

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 40246092404_4fc299f27b_z

I am not sure where he picked this up - as The Bangles are not part of any of the Starlord's "Awesome Mix" tapes - but he seems to have seen it someplace...

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 27083751978_66c0fc4c0c_z

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 27083751158_e14d57981a_z

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 40954741391_973e7b6754_z

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 40246130644_c3c4a74f5b_z

too bad the batteries are low that quickly...

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 40246128554_09a7ff2a6a_z

I know I could easily make up the following and it is hard to believe but it is true:
when I went back inside after taking the pics, The Bangles' "Walk like an Egyptian" had been playing on the radio. That was a bit creepy. Given the song's age, it is rarely heard on the radio anymore... I would say not even twice a year...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting... his choice of music may be a rebellion against dad (or is it uncle -- Star-Lord). The expression while listening to the head set is priceless. Great job with the walkman and photos.

Diana

Diana
Awwww, he is so adorable! And you make him come alive. <3

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic Groot pics! Love em!

Chip

He is so endearing , great set of photos , you can see he is having fun .

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you everyone. Whenever I look at him, I have to smile. He looks very much alive with the smile on his face.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my goodness, he is just too precious! He looks SO pleased with his new walkman. :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute fantastic ! Thanks for the happyness You spend me with that lovely pictures. I fell in love with that picture he´s collecting flowers. Now i need a link to Your Groot & Rocket scenes Wink

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh my goodness, he is just too precious! He looks SO pleased with his new walkman. :')

Thank you. yes, just easy to have fun with him. Very Happy

Ephiane wrote:Absolute fantastic ! Thanks for the happyness You spend me with that lovely pictures. I fell in love with that picture he´s collecting flowers. Now i need a link to Your Groot & Rocket scenes Wink

Thanks so much. Glad to bring a bit of joy. I think you have seen those pics. You have been around in the thread. I really should take some more pics of Big Groot...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3744-illusions-little-people-23-mar-arwens-choice

Adeno

It's my first time seeing this, suddenly I love that little groot, very cute haha Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not sure how I missed these photos. Pretty funny — love the “Walk like an Egyptian” pic. Very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Ahh. I wonderd because the Thread is not on page one of the forum, when i´m doing a fresh comment. This is the Non sixth scale area. Rolling Eyes
Sorry, just watch in the general talk section normaly. Shame on me.

Illusion

Illusion
I am truely sorry I did not reply to your posts... I suppose I easily forget this section of the forum too as I try not be tempted by any 1:12 figure Laughing

So, a belated thank you for having a look and leaving a line!

42Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 Empty Autumn Walk 11 Nov 21 Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Illusion

Illusion
I finally took him to the woods again...

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673478695_070d462d5d_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673478395_3242a425ff_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51672845863_1fe28bdb5b_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51672605966_7346641d7c_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51671802572_58c2a63801_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673281754_8087e871c8_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51671800527_78f46d9883_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673476350_d324381c73_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673282774_b2aaa5d952_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673283009_b8eb5a3763_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51671802322_bcc77461e3_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673476060_fdec2db6bc_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51673475875_92e1e51be3_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51671800922_9363bbe6d4_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51671803087_79cbc0ae57_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 51672603531_a871b9d2c9_b

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Adorable photos. And a really great setting. Love the leaf throwing shots — I’m assuming that’s what he’s doing. The lighting is perfect, of course.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Absolutely excellent photos, Illusion. Baby Groot looks totally at home and totally believable! Thanks for sharing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
How delightful! Seeing your lil Groot is always such a treat. And your photography and posing are spectacular as always.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Oh yay!!! I can never get enough of your Baby Groot photos! And I LOVE autumn so this is a perfect combination. Smile

I especially love the photos of him sitting on the log staring into the sunset. Would love to sit right there with him.  I love you

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you for being back in this thread and leaving feedback.
It was a pleasure to finally take him to the woods again. Even though I got unusually careless at the very end. Rolling Eyes Instead of putting him back in my bag, I carried him in my hand... and lost one of his... When I noticed it, I had covered about 50m... I guess, I would rather win the lottery than finding that hand again in piles of mud, stones, twigs and leaves. I spent about 2 hours searching for it, turning leaves and brush, but no use. Of course this had to happen to a figure without spare hands. Crying or Very sad

Stryker2011 wrote:Adorable photos. And a really great setting. Love the leaf throwing shots — I’m assuming that’s what he’s doing. The lighting is perfect, of course.

Thank you! Yes, he is supposed to throw leaves... I have tried to let leaves fall over him but it did not quite turn out as imagined. Anyway... I also like how the sun is coming across on most of the pics.

GubernatorFan wrote:Absolutely excellent photos, Illusion. Baby Groot looks totally at home and totally believable! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! Always a pleasure to share Baby Groot.

skywalkersaga wrote:How delightful! Seeing your lil Groot is always such a treat. And your photography and posing are spectacular as always.

Thank you for your kind feedback and sharing the enthusiasm for Groot.

Diana wrote:Oh yay!!! I can never get enough of your Baby Groot photos! And I LOVE autumn so this is a perfect combination. Smile

I especially love the photos of him sitting on the log staring into the sunset. Would love to sit right there with him.  I love you

Thank you!! yes, the pics on the log are my favourites too (with only a very small lead). I hope to find a solution for his hand soon and it won't take as long to take the next batch of pics with him. Maybe he can take a dip in snow this winter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I really hope you can find some spare hands to replace the one you lost. Fingers crossed. Ideally, he should be able to grow one, but I will stop being a smartass before I go too far.

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:I really hope you can find some spare hands to replace the one you lost. Fingers crossed. Ideally, he should be able to grow one, but I will stop being a smartass before I go too far.

Laughing little laugh in my misery...
but at least this will serve as an excuse if the new hand is of a slightly different colour than the arm.... he just had to grow a new hand.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well there have got to be parted out pieces somewhere... or spare parts. Maybe even 3D printable files you can send to Shapeways or some equivalent in Germany. Get in touch with Ovy?

Illusion

Illusion
GubernatorFan wrote:Well there have got to be parted out pieces somewhere... or spare parts. Maybe even 3D printable files you can send to Shapeways or some equivalent in Germany. Get in touch with Ovy?

Thanks for the ideas!
I am quite frequently chatting with Ovy (and Valiarde) and they were the first ones to have to bear my whining... First idea was to mold/shape the hand with their various molding clays. As I do have the same hand "at hand" because my daughter has a Baby Groot too (2nd version, same shapes, slightly different colours), I could make a "form" for it. I even have this two components silicone forming stuff over here (not sure you understand what I mean by this).
But I am notoriously bad at such stuff (and have very little interest in it anyway) and take the easier way if there is one.
I doubt anyone would sell spare parts/parted out pieces of Baby Groot, but there is this fake, comparatively cheap version which should be exactly the same. So, I ordered one of those... I assume the hand will match by size and pegs; it will probably need some colour adjustment.
Then I will also have some further spare parts... just never loose the right hand again!

No matter what the new hand will look like, it will be nagging at the back of my neck that my poor Hot Toys Baby Groot is not "originally complete" anymore.
Guess, I will be even more on the fence now when taking figures outdoors. But this door is not closed. I have always been aware this could happen and just have to take the risk. No risk, no fun ?... well, in this case it proved to be true (though it ultimately boils down to a moment of carelessness, but doesn't it always...)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh I know exactly what you mean. Hope the knock off version works well enough. We've been discussing mold shrinkage and its effects in some other threads.

Illusion

Illusion
The knock-off Groot has already arrived today - and the hand works quite well. No need to mess around with the colours. No way I would get any better results by myself.

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 2 20211130_163323jfjn1

Quality of the knock-off is reasonably good, given its price.

I will try to remember to show some comparative pics sometime.

csyeung

csyeung
Yay! Glad your groot has a hand back now! I don't really notice much color difference in your photo.

Oh i just thought of another idea for your knockoff groot which now has a missing hand. You can get some big mittens for him and make a winter outfit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum