OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Illusion

GubernatorFan wrote:Well there have got to be parted out pieces somewhere... or spare parts. Maybe even 3D printable files you can send to Shapeways or some equivalent in Germany. Get in touch with Ovy?

Thanks for the ideas!
I am quite frequently chatting with Ovy (and Valiarde) and they were the first ones to have to bear my whining... First idea was to mold/shape the hand with their various molding clays. As I do have the same hand "at hand" because my daughter has a Baby Groot too (2nd version, same shapes, slightly different colours), I could make a "form" for it. I even have this two components silicone forming stuff over here (not sure you understand what I mean by this).
But I am notoriously bad at such stuff (and have very little interest in it anyway) and take the easier way if there is one.
I doubt anyone would sell spare parts/parted out pieces of Baby Groot, but there is this fake, comparatively cheap version which should be exactly the same. So, I ordered one of those... I assume the hand will match by size and pegs; it will probably need some colour adjustment.
Then I will also have some further spare parts... just never loose the right hand again!

No matter what the new hand will look like, it will be nagging at the back of my neck that my poor Hot Toys Baby Groot is not "originally complete" anymore.
Guess, I will be even more on the fence now when taking figures outdoors. But this door is not closed. I have always been aware this could happen and just have to take the risk. No risk, no fun ?... well, in this case it proved to be true (though it ultimately boils down to a moment of carelessness, but doesn't it always...)

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Oh I know exactly what you mean. Hope the knock off version works well enough. We've been discussing mold shrinkage and its effects in some other threads.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Illusion

The knock-off Groot has already arrived today - and the hand works quite well. No need to mess around with the colours. No way I would get any better results by myself.

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 20211130_163323jfjn1

Quality of the knock-off is reasonably good, given its price.

I will try to remember to show some comparative pics sometime.

csyeung

Yay! Glad your groot has a hand back now! I don't really notice much color difference in your photo.

Oh i just thought of another idea for your knockoff groot which now has a missing hand. You can get some big mittens for him and make a winter outfit!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, he works great. Now order one more as a back up. Wink And so they can all play together. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, that’s a relief. Glad it worked out.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 C8485110

Illusion

Illusion
csyeung wrote:Yay! Glad your groot has a hand back now! I don't really notice much color difference in your photo.

Oh i just thought of another idea for your knockoff groot which now has a missing hand. You can get some big mittens for him and make a winter outfit!

Laughing yes, that would be an idea for now… if my mind wasn‘t full of other ideas/projects with too little time already… but I will definitely try to get the body part donor some kind of prosthesis.
maybe some kind of Jaime Lannister thing Cool

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, he works great. Now order one more as a back up. Wink And so they can all play together. Smile

yes, when you simply can‘t stand the little handless creature looking at you pleading for help… you can just start an army like in a mirror cabinet, passing on their hands Embarassed

Stryker2011 wrote:Well, that’s a relief. Glad it worked out.

me too - but of course I will forever curse myself for being so careless to have lost this hand

Diana

Diana
Oh YAY! He is whole again!  Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 1f389  Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 1f495

59Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 Empty At the German North Coast (*1 Nov 2022*) Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:34 pm

Illusion

Illusion
During the recent autumn holidays I took Baby Groot‘s body double with me to the German North Sea.
(After having lost the original‘s right hand in the woods last year, I bought a cheap copy to scavange the hand from. But the double - or body parts donor - looked so sad without his hand… So I had another right hand made from resin, which works nicely on the original too. When travelling I will only take the double with me and not the original.)

at the beach in the Cuxhaven area

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464153112_59909d9a42_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464152732_f147c4671a_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464152617_d3142694dc_b

digging for oysters

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464152877_0bd733a079_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464653701_f4dde9a656_b

to find out that pearls do not come frequently

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464152802_169cc99014_b

looking for new friends at the „Zoo am Meer“ (zoo at the sea) in Bremerhaven

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464153022_c53959f2d0_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464654211_6c65ebc0c8_b

sea lions at the back, but they were kind of hard to catch whilst Groot had been in front

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52465117580_49e4b98d3e_b

Groot had been very interested in the numerous cargo vessels seen from our appartment. But I had to tell him that he must have travelled by plane rather than ship (given his speedy arrival last year).

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464654476_3ff3f8d7ff_b

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 52464152412_7c36d06119_b

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Wonderful. This really is an excellent figure for outdoors photography.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I love all your Groot-pictures, Illusion! He's such a cute figure and looks great in almost all environments. The pictures with the penguin are especially adorable. Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 1f60d

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These are fantastic. The oyster and penguin pics are my favorites, but they’re all really cute and well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Life Size Baby Groot - *At the German North Coast* (1 Nov 2022) - Page 3 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful pics!

csyeung

csyeung
Nice pics again! Coincidental that HT just announced a new version from the tv show? Are you trying to convince us to get one? haha.

Illusion

Illusion

Thank you everyone for checking!
I am glad the little chap spreads some fun and joy again.

I will finally have to take side by side pics, which I still have not done…

csyeung wrote:Nice pics again! Coincidental that HT just announced a new version from the tv show? Are you trying to convince us to get one? haha.

Coincidence indeed… I just saw him last night. Though I find these Disney shorts rather silly, it is a great opportunity for a relaunch of a Baby Groot figure - with those lots of extras.
I am a tiny bit tempted to get just another one… including this silly translucent dance battle partner (probably to end up with everything rotting in the boxes)… but I suppose it will be extraordinarily expensive (given the recent price developments) making it easier to resist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum