OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 scale fencer uniforms?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:09 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I have a Tbleauge s29b on the way and it got me thinking of outfits/costumes that I want to make, one being a fencing uniform. I did a little search and didn't find anything besides what Barbie made for one of their dolls. The outfit looks decent and could be a solid base for modification. The helmet needs work, and I'd definitely want a better sword, probably going to make a metal sabre from scratch.

1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Fencer10

21/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a cool idea! To be honest, I cannot think of this being recreated specifically in high-end sixth-scale, and you are lucky Barbie did it. In my experience, some Barbie clothes and outfits can fit quite well on some TBLeague bodies. S29B is probably my favorite, but it is a little shorter and curvier than the others, so I cannot guarantee this will work on that. It might, but I wouldn't know, and there is a chance the body is too ample for it (I cannot really tell whether the fabric -- some or all of it -- is stretchy, and how stretchy). If you get it and it does not fit after all, consider getting a S17B or S23B -- they are a bit taller, and have "medium" breasts (which are still quite ample, but as small as you would find with the more recent TBLeague bodies). I don't think you will regret getting those bodies anyway. Here is the link to the TBLeague body catalog on this site:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

31/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:38 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hello and welcome! Smile

That is indeed a great idea for a custom figure! Is that a Made-to-Move curvy barbie? If so, I think you may have some luck with the pants/trousers, as from what I recall, the curvy barbie's hip measurements do fit some tbleague figures. I'm not as sure about the upper body matching up or not, mainly because of the tbleague shoulders and bust. But it's defintely worth a try, and if I were doing this custom, I'd probably get that barbie just for the fencing helmet alone. Even if it's not perfect, it's a good place to start for sure.

Good luck with the project!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

41/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:That is indeed a great idea for a custom figure! Is that a Made-to-Move curvy barbie? If so, I think you may have some luck with the pants/trousers, as from what I recall, the curvy barbie's hip measurements do fit some tbleague figures. I'm not as sure about the upper body matching up or not, mainly because of the tbleague shoulders and bust. But it's defintely worth a try, and if I were doing this custom, I'd probably get that barbie just for the fencing helmet alone. Even if it's not perfect, it's a good place to start for sure.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. This did look to me like something different from the usual tall super-thin Barbies. If so, the chances of this outfit fitting on S29B are much better than otherwise. I certainly can claim no wide experience, but it seems to me that the Made-to-Move clothes are often stretchy, so this might be helpful too.

If you do like this look and have found one, go for it, as it seems to be rare.

51/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
The fencer looks like it's using something close to the curvy made to move body without the extra joints. The curvy body measures in at 27.9cm high which is very close to the tbleague s28-29. So I'm optimistic about making the uniform fit. If not then I will have to do some edits. (picture is a curvy fashionista vs tbleague)

1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Measur10

61/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, it is looking promising. Let's hope the appropriate parts are stretchy. Smile Good luck with the project. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

71/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:03 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard. I’d be a bit Leary of using the curvy TBLeague body until/if you get the Barbie figure, as the photos can be deceiving. You might find that a narrower TBL would work instead, as Barbie doesn’t exactly make “curvy” bodies compared to TBL.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 scale fencer uniforms? C8485110

81/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:16 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard. I’d be a bit Leary of using the curvy TBLeague body until/if you get the Barbie figure, as the photos can be deceiving. You might find that a narrower TBL would work instead, as Barbie doesn’t exactly make “curvy” bodies compared to TBL.

I spent a lot of time looking at the TBL bodies and really compared the s16-17 , s22-23 , and s28-29. I was set on getting the s23 until I saw one of Diana's posts comparing the s23 to the s29 and I knew I had to get the s29. The s29 just looks right to me, natural and shapely even though I love the look of the s23

1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Tbls2311

I'm still waiting for TBL to release a standalone version of their Egyptian girl. I've been waiting for a small chest/large hip ratio that's not super tall like the s32. This mystery body is ideal for the designs I want to do, I'd even go as far as to say it's very similar to curvy barbie which brings me to my last point.

1/6 scale fencer uniforms? 15892811

Note that I've lined up these images based on their height. Additionally, the curvy body and standard body are grabbed from the same image. I had to guess with the fencer barbie but I think you would agree it's a closer match to the curvy body. The only thing I'd be worried about is the bust size of the s29 just not fitting her inside her uniform.

1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Barbie11

At this point in time, I have to say I'm thinking about making a fencing uniform from scratch due to the fact the Fencing Ibtihaj Muhammad Barbie Doll bundle cost's around $76.27 CAD on ebay and is a bit too much of a risk of not fitting for that price. If I can find materials that fit my requirements then I will go the hand made route.

91/6 scale fencer uniforms? Empty Re: 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Well that's interesting. Barbie might have been the only one to ever produce a fencing outfit, specially a female fencing outfit. I would do what you have said and try and making one from scratch, I too think 75 dollars is a bit too much for something you are not even certain might fit well or would need additional work.

I'm curious to see how it turns out.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! 1/6 scale fencer uniforms? 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum