OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
It is subtle, but the eyes really stand out better after the improvements.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:It is subtle, but the eyes really stand out better after the improvements.

Thank you very much for the reassurance. You have a better eye for such details than I. You mentioned you like Western stuff, and the next thing I show is, perhaps in a remote sort of way, Western. But given how little Western gear I actually have to go with it, you will probably be disappointed. Now that I've set expectations low, maybe less so than otherwise... Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

I too wouldn't call myself a Queen fan, or a fan of any band or musician for that matter, I listen to songs of just about anything really (and I do mean just about anything).

That said I think it's a great set, there's something in the head I can't point to but its' still recognizable, the eyeliner and other tricks do improve it quite nicely. The body is a too bulky but we gotta work with what we have, I think it's about time they start producing some skinnier bodies.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:That said I think it's a great set, there's something in the head I can't point to but its' still recognizable, the eyeliner and other tricks do improve it quite nicely. The body is a too bulky but we gotta work with what we have, I think it's about time they start producing some skinnier bodies.

Thank you very much! Between you and Mark (Stryker), I've been convinced to switch it over to the recommended M31. But I agree, they should revisit this among other things, and make one that works better and looks better (without being a model).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part III transfer to M31

Ok, you asked for it, so here it is: "upgraded" (or "downgraded") to M31. I agree, this body is more appropriate for Freddie Mercury. The clothes fit better (i.e., more accurately compared to actual photos from the Live Aid concert) on it, except that I found it harder to get the pants on than on the M32. I still need to pull them up a little further, if possible. But I think I'm pretty much done tinkering with this. What do you think?

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade) - Page 2 Fred2210

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade) - Page 2 Fred1810

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade) - Page 2 Fred1910

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade) - Page 2 Fred2010

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade) - Page 2 Fred2110

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade) - Page 2 Fred2310

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Much better. I would say, lift his shoulders a smidge — just a smidge — to give the body a bit more “natural” look. Otherwise, the physique is better suited.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Win C Freddie Mercury Custom (updated with Part III: body upgrade) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Much better. I would say, lift his shoulders a smidge — just a smidge — to give the body a bit more “natural” look. Otherwise, the physique is better suited.

Thank you very much Mark, I trust your eye better than mine. Smile Interesting suggestion. Usually we try to compensate for TBLeague's overly broad shoulders by lowering them as much as possible. I'll check it out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum