OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: OVA Toys: 1/6 Series of Angels Ranger April of Laserstorm the armoured avenger industrial air force female sexy figure [VO-SoA-001A]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Valiarde wrote:Ah yes, Gloryhammer cheers  good comparison. Same energy.
My favourite song is Hootsforce with the space submarines.

Haha, yes, also a good one ;'D

Illusion

Laughing

As I am not usually looking at many new product announcements (I buy enough new figures by stumbling across them incidentally so I try not to really look for them in addition), I am not sure I would have picked this one for a closer look (but as I had "known" in advance, I of course had to drop by...)

Really well made promos - a very cool parody ... April, the first Laserstorm Steampunk Crusader

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I swear I had very little to do with this, other than posting it for Ovy & Valiarde upon request. I'm glad it caught some of you off guard, and that their little April Fool's joke went off successfully. Glad I could be of service in some small way to help with the trick.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I swear I had very little to do with this, other than posting it for Ovy & Valiarde upon request. I'm glad it caught some of you off guard, and that their little April Fool's joke went off successfully. Glad I could be of service in some small way to help with the trick.

You sneaky devil! Of course, posting it yourself was a very integral part of the trick. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
skywalkersaga wrote:

Well, I present you Grailknights as a band with a similar atheistic

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, thanks everyone for participating!

This was the original figure Valiarde bought: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t2105-new-product-jiaou-doll-angel-yan-1-6-scale-figure-3-versions-crown-queen-normal
We reused most of the list with slight modifications.

Annalise wrote:Umm... No. Just...... No.
Even the faceplate is weird. Why monocular? Is there really any benefit to wearing armour once firearms have been introduced into the world? Unless it's pure beskar steel, of course.

"...prototype may be slightly different". I'm sorry, but it would need to be wildly different for me to buy this.
Haha, that faceplate comment hurt me the most. NEW PRODUCT: OVA Toys: 1/6 Series of Angels Ranger April of Laserstorm the armoured avenger industrial air force female sexy figure [VO-SoA-001A] - Page 2 1f602 and Of course the laser interface lets both of her eyes focus through the laser lens. Fun fact: the laser lens is a (oxygen tube connector??) part of an Apollo space suit from my very first 3d test print. It was nearly translucent so I painted the backside red and achieves the lens effect.

And of course she has to wear armor. The shrapnell and friendly fire of the angelic sky army's battle laser bombing batteries cause the most casualties on the angel side. Also, the demons are using claws and swords!

Here some WIPs. Had some gears there first.
NEW PRODUCT: OVA Toys: 1/6 Series of Angels Ranger April of Laserstorm the armoured avenger industrial air force female sexy figure [VO-SoA-001A] - Page 2 Psx_2020

The chest of the body is just ridiculous, I don't know if it is even possible to make a chestplate that will fit without looking completely ridiculous. Check the Angel Yan link to see the difference haha.

GubernatorFan wrote:I was thinking of a possible April Fools joke, but I don't know whether this would be perpetrated by Stryker or by someone else... if it is a joke and if it is our Mark's work, then it is an excellent mockery of the sort of things they might offer up, except perhaps being better. Come to think of it, I think we have seen some of these pieces before, making a kitbash more probable. And except for the baby cow armor, the English is suspiciously good. Smile
Ha yeah google translate is surprisingly good again. Before the final translation I had put it through multiple languages including Chinese. I even had Aprils name in there but the translation just turned it into 'She'?

Xavion2004 wrote:I know it was intended to be an April Fools joke, but really, it’s a great parody of our hobby and how ridiculous (but still appealing) that some of these female figures can be.
Thanks a lot, you pointed it out early!

Illusion wrote:Laughing

As I am not usually looking at many new product announcements (I buy enough new figures by stumbling across them incidentally so I try not to really look for them in addition), I am not sure I would have picked this one for a closer look (but as I had "known" in advance, I of course had to drop by...)

Really well made promos - a very cool parody ... April, the first Laserstorm Steampunk Crusader
Yeah, putting a first into the title along with April was a missed opportunity!  At least it was their first April named figure. Mad

GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I swear I had very little to do with this, other than posting it for Ovy & Valiarde upon request. I'm glad it caught some of you off guard, and that their little April Fool's joke went off successfully. Glad I could be of service in some small way to help with the trick.

You sneaky devil! Of course, posting it yourself was a very integral part of the trick. Smile
Thanks a lot to Stryker for the cooperation in this stupid joke, he was indeed very essential for the believability of it all!

ZeroDelta wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

Well, I present you Grailknights as a band with a similar atheistic

Haha,  like straight out of one of these power metal lyric generators. It's beautifully formulatic, in a few years I think entire Metal bands, lyrics and videos can be created and deepfaked by AIs and we won't even notice anymore.

Just saw there is a Gloryhammer song called
Power of the Dragon Laser Fire  NEW PRODUCT: OVA Toys: 1/6 Series of Angels Ranger April of Laserstorm the armoured avenger industrial air force female sexy figure [VO-SoA-001A] - Page 2 1f601

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very well done, Ovy and Valiarde. I was curious about the Ova Toys designation. Technically, it ought to have been Ovva... otherwise I was thinking of ovaries and a possibly misfired attempt at female empowerment. Which worked beautifully in selling it, apart from there being apparently no such sixth-scale company. Smile The morion made me think of TheBoo-Bomb's recent creation, although of course we had seen Ovy print this and more. And the use of a spoon should have been a dead giveaway, but it was just discreet enough to miss. I still think that despite its satirical intent, this is a perfectly viable piece, as far as this subgenre is concerned. Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Ovy wrote:...
Yeah, putting a first into the title along with April was a missed opportunity!  At least it was their first April named figure. Mad
[

would have been a nice touch somehow but would have made it too obvious, I‘d say.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
To be honest, when I first came across "April of Laserstorm" as a name, I was reminded of some of ReverendSooky's characters from the House of Seasons.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Well played. I was suspicious, but not sure at all. The quality of the promo pics had me going. I totally missed the hashtags too! Lots of nice touches In the write up too. 😄

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Good one. Glad it was a joke. I was having a pretty hard time trying to figure out how I might use this but was coming up with nothing. Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum