OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Lynkhart wrote:I honestly think it’s your loss - this is by far the friendliest, most supportive 1/6th scale forum I’ve ever been in.

At his own request, SixthShooter's account was deactivated. I feel much as you do, and thank you for your kind words. I'm happy to have contributed to making this a friendly place.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

27VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:50 am

AlKelAstra91

Well, that is a massive diorama for sure, and obviously a lot of time went into it as well as the figures themselves. I also would have liked to see more from you based on this incredibly ambitious sample of your talent, but it seems you are going through something of a difficult time in the real world, whatever it may be. I too have been there recently and instead of lashing out, I reached out to the community here to explain my situation and they were very supportive and understanding. I hope you are able to find peace and stability somehow, and maybe one day you will come back to share your creations.

SixthShooter wrote:Wrong comment at the wrong time, in stressful times. I like what I've accomplished and at the end of the day, only need to impress myself, and others opinions, though considered and respected, reflect  their own opinions, and not mine.  As I said before, It was my first post on here, and mostly to see how I fit with OSF. After the initial negative reply, I simply felt I was better off elsewhere. At the end of the day, my choice.

Although...my biggest question is: if you 'only need to impress yourself,' why bother posting here in the first place? Ask yourself that, honestly. Or any online forum for that matter? May as well just hold your creations in a mirror and enjoy, right? You've seen the 'nice' that others attempted, but your attitude screams of arrogance and the search for some kind of grand flawless approval. Surely you know there is a whole global community who expresses their varying opinions on these online forums. A single response to a work of art does not claim its overall value. There is a whole hundred full of people who would adore your work if given the chance.

28VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:13 am

skywalkersaga

AlkelAstra -- that's such a thoughtful and compassionate response. I wish the same for the OP. <3

Lynkhart -- Agree, would have loved to have seen more. Especially would have liked to get to know the characters in the diorama.

Since the subject has come up, I will say that I am quite a sensitive person myself, so I can certainly understand feeling protective of one's work. In fact, that is one of the reasons I haven't shared anything I'm working on for a while -- I've been going through a rough time in RL life and have not felt emotionally prepared to make myself vulnerable in that way. There's always a vulnerability when you put something 'out there' on the internet, whether it be a piece of writing or a 1/6 scale project. Many of us here are artist types, and no doubt emotionally attached to our work in some way, whether it be due to the subject matter or the amount of time spent on it. A suggestion I have is that if anyone wants to share their work but is nervous because of how much their project means to them personally, just be upfront about that from the start. Put a disclaimer saying that you're sharing a completely finished piece and not necessarily looking for critique at this time. We can't read each other's minds and I wouldn't expect anyone to read mine. I've put disclaimers on posts before, asking people to focus solely on the figures and not make comments on the subject matter, and it seems to work.

29VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 am

TravelGuide

That's a very nice diorama. I see there's another girlband in there.
I'm sorry to see you go.

30VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:16 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
You can see pics of sixshooter diorama here, if interested?

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=Voodoo&show_results=topics

31VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:20 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
That scene looks so impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

32VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:19 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Hey Shooter, Welcome to the Herd !
Let´s press the replay button and start from the beginnig Wink

This is really wonderfull and i like to see all the Guests, Barkeepers and the Band from closer. I´m sure i can spend hours by watching all the insane details. Please show it to us

btw... maybe this Guy could be Your new drummer in the band Very Happy

VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 11595_10

33VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:You can see pics of sixshooter diorama here, if interested?

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=Voodoo&show_results=topics

Oh man, it's too bad he didn't want to stick around. That's some impressive work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 C8485110

34VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks BAM for the link. He is certainly a master in this. But we cannot guarantee instant, overwhelming, and unqualified adulation.

35VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:34 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:
BAMComix wrote:You can see pics of sixshooter diorama here, if interested?

Oh man, it's too bad he didn't want to stick around. That's some impressive work.

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks BAM for the link. He is certainly a master in this. But we cannot guarantee instant, overwhelming, and unqualified adulation.

No worries on he link, I thought it was well worth showing his bar.

At the end of day I guess an odd remark and having a bad day don't mix too well? scratch . Personally speaking, I don't think osf was given a chance.

36VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Lynkhart wrote:This is an absolutely beautiful diorama - truly one of the best I’ve ever seen and I’m sad that I won’t get to see more as I’m not on any of the other forums. Sad

I honestly think it’s your loss - this is by far the friendliest, most supportive 1/6th scale forum I’ve ever been in.

Exactly my thought and i meet some other forums Wink

At last it´s sad we lost Shooter but we also have to tell suchsneak he don´t has to feel as a bad guy now.

VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Giphy10

37VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Agreed, he didn't really do anything wrong. Great GIF, by the way, Ephiane.

38VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:13 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ephiane wrote:
Lynkhart wrote:This is an absolutely beautiful diorama - truly one of the best I’ve ever seen and I’m sad that I won’t get to see more as I’m not on any of the other forums. Sad

I honestly think it’s your loss - this is by far the friendliest, most supportive 1/6th scale forum I’ve ever been in.

At last it´s sad we lost Shooter but we also have to tell suchsneak he don´t has to feel as a bad guy now.

Aww, of course! Hope suchsneak sees this. Very cute and comforting. ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

39VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:00 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
For the record, a totally get the concept of adding lights to add another level of mood. Maybe some music to boot, but that would require a video. Maybe a video would be a good idea also Smile

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

40VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Empty Re: VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar... Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:18 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
skywalkersaga wrote:
Ephiane wrote:

Aww, of course! Hope suchsneak sees this. Very cute and comforting. ^.^

VooDoo, A 1/6 Blues Bar...  - Page 2 Badguy10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum