OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Green Wolf GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k

Each figure will consist of the following parts.

1 x Officer's headsculpt with bionic eye
1 x Officer's hat
1 x Neck gorget
1 x Chest and back armour
1 x Left & right shoulder armour
1 x Belt and buckle
1 x Trousers (Pants)
1 x Jacket
1 x Chainsword
1 x Las pistol and removable magazine
1 x Las pistol holster
1 x Las pistol magazine pouch
1 x Spare Las pistol magazine (fits in Las pistol magazine pouch)
1 x Water canteen
1 x Water canteen pouch
1 x Bayonet
1 x Bayonet sheath
2 x Grenades
1 x Pair of leather boots
1 x Set of ankle putties complete with armour
2 x Pairs of hands (for holding a multitude of weapons)

NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off10
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off11
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off12
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off13
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off14
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off15
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off16
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off17
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off18
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off19
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off21
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off20
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off22
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off23
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off24
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off25
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off26
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off27
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off30
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off28
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off29
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off31
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off32
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off33
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off34
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off35
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off36
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off38
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off39
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off37
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off40
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off41
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off42
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off44
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Gw-off43

#newproduct #GreenWolfGear #Warhammer40K #male #stylized #military #videogame

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I know nothing about the source material, but the set looks very cool. Interesting mixture of what is real/familiar and what is fantasy.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
ditto, never was into warhammer and while the design of their characters and armor is awesome (hey, power armor Wink ) i never saw the appeal of painting stiff miniatures. though those guys sure know how to paint their stuff.

the figure above looks really good, however i wager in this price range army building is out of the question, or reaaally harmful to ones wallet.

csyeung

csyeung
Is it me or is it weird seeing warhammer this big! haha. One of my first gigs was inking some stuff for Games Workshop. Admittedly, I never really got into the table top gaming. I think you need several dedicated friends for it to be fun. I liked the rts games like warcraft and starcraft more as it did all the calculations for me haha.

Ovy

Ovy
Ahh this takes me back nostalgically.  Beautiful to see a scale friendly interpretation. The original minis are adoringly chubby and stylized, with the pistol being bigger than the head. And it is the smallest and weakest pistol there is. It made me walk over to my tiny custom imperials and look at the dust they collected. They are living in a box, living in a cardbord box. Snapped some cheap pics. Had a lot of fun many years ago in creating the poses, swapping heads,  coming up with a paint scheme and making tiny green stuff stuff like beards and goggles etc.

Look at those hyper realistic eyes on the left guy! Well at least it was good training Razz
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Img_2085
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Img_2084
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k Img_2086

GubernatorFan wrote:I know nothing about the source material, but the set looks very cool. Interesting mixture of what is real/familiar and what is fantasy.

It's an over the top grimdark (I think the word 'grimdark' might even have been created for Wahammer40k) universe with years and years of extensive lore and beautiful art design.

This guy is an Imperial officer of the biggest army in the universe, with several billions of soldiers from millions of worlds.
They are basically religiously Fanatic medieval xenophobic Roman Empire Space Nazi Communist Starship trooper crusaders. Which makes them the good guys, as everyone else is much much worse as there are numberless hordes of unstopple corrupting Lovecraftian Space demons from a twisted hellish chaos dimension,
Rapidly multiplying British hooligan fungus Orks who have it in their DNA to wage war (waagh) all the time for war's sake and have the knowledge to create crazy brutal scrappy war machines from nothing. That 'Green stuff' putty is named after them probably,
There are the Aliens from 'Alien' but in gigantic hive minded world eating swarms that also infiltrate and infect giant mega cities,
We have Ancient silent undead powerful self repairing soulless Robot armies that look like evil Terminators from twisted ancient egypt, with the goal to rid the galaxy of all life.
And extremly racist/speciesist Space alien Elves. But they are the good guys of their race, as they  have dark evil twisted counterparts who are the most sadistic monstrous things there are.
Oh and the Tau, advanced blue communist samurai aliens in high tech battle suits. They are kinda nice compared to the rest.

Planets blow up all the time, Space Ships look like giant gothic cathedrals that could put star destroyers in their hangar bay. They laugh at Star destroyers as they are equipped with missiles that can blow up planets etc, which is a common war tactic.
Their walkers are walking cathedrals that would squish ATATs between their toes.

So this figure is basically a regular guy with a cheap laser and a chainsaw who has to fight endless demon monster alien hordes until he dies.

Tjolnir wrote:ditto, never was into warhammer and while the design of their characters and armor is awesome (hey, power armor Wink ) i never saw the appeal of painting stiff miniatures. though those guys sure know how to paint their stuff.

the figure above looks really good, however i wager in this price range army building is out of the question, or reaaally harmful to ones wallet.
Imagine, some transhuman power armored Space Marine would be much larger than this guy, a m35 body would be too small, the biggest world box body would be too small, you would need that giant Wu Song body maybe. There are quit a few great 1/6 custom power armors somewhere on the internet.

csyeung wrote:Is it me or is it weird seeing warhammer this big! haha. One of my first gigs was inking some stuff for Games Workshop. Admittedly, I never really got into the table top gaming. I think you need several dedicated friends for it to be fun. I liked the rts games like warcraft and starcraft more as it did all the calculations for me haha.
Nice, any way you could share what you did for them? Always loved the crazy inks and illustrations.
And I agree, while I painted some minis, never really got into that playing, only that one friend who brought me into the hobby but we lost interest some day.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No one laughs at a Star Destoryer! ... except maybe every Lucasfilm... Sad

But, seriously, thank you for filling me in, Ovy, and for the humor-infused comprehensive-yet-succinct summary!

Awesome minnies, by the way.

csyeung

csyeung
Ovy wrote:

csyeung wrote:Is it me or is it weird seeing warhammer this big! haha. One of my first gigs was inking some stuff for Games Workshop. Admittedly, I never really got into the table top gaming. I think you need several dedicated friends for it to be fun. I liked the rts games like warcraft and starcraft more as it did all the calculations for me haha.
Nice, any way you could share what you did for them? Always loved the crazy inks and illustrations.
And I agree, while I painted some minis, never really got into that playing, only that one friend who brought me into the hobby but we lost interest some day.

Those look great Ovy! Takes a lot of patience to paint all those miniatures!

My buddy Logan pencilled the illustrations, we did some cutaways, pinups and comics for them. The cutaways were particularly cool, but I couldn't find copies of them. I did find these three images from a cd heh.

The first one was for their Inferno! Book/digest which had a bunch of short stories and some comic strips/lore etc. I believe the other two were pin ups. I want to say these were around late 1990s/early 2000s.

NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k 212
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k 311
NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k 511

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent work, Craig. There’s a skill to inking I don’t think most can appreciate.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, beautiful work!

Ovy

Ovy
Ah thanks and great beautiful work you two!  Thanks for sharing. I guess the guys on the bottom are Catachans, an army growing up on a hostile jungle planet full of giant monsters inspired by Rambo, Vietnam war movies, the first Predator film and steroids.

And look, there is a even planet blowing up, didn't I say??

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent work, Craig. There’s a skill to inking I don’t think most can appreciate.

Thanks! Some old school crosshatching in these. That was hard got get a handle of.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, beautiful work!

Thanks Gubernator!

Ovy wrote:Ah thanks and great beautiful work you two!  Thanks for sharing. I guess the guys on the bottom are Catachans, an army growing up on a hostile jungle planet full of giant monsters inspired by Rambo, Vietnam war movies, the first Predator film and steroids.

And look, there is a even planet blowing up, didn't I say??

You are right! I never dove into the lore too much, my buddy Logan knew way more about the universe. From what I understand is that Blizzard was originally making a game for GW in the 90s but something didnt work out and out came warcraft and starcraft.

Valiarde

Valiarde
He remind me on Bionic Commando which I played on the NES with my brother.

I never played W40K but liked some of these little figures. I did play Space Crusade as a kid though.
Good to see companies going into this space now too.

cdn_rhino

I just found an update on this figure.

About this time last year Green Wolf Gear/Green Wolf Studios was dissolved as a company in the UK. This figure was next in line for release after an extended manufacturing delay, and other assorted issues.

BUT, a few of these Warhammer 40K figures managed to make it to market, so if you were looking for it, a few have made it to online and Ebay retailers in the U.S. Not many mind you, I doubt the entire run of figures was made, but some did get out.

If this was something you were waiting for, go get them.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It’s unfortunate they went out of business, but if I’m being honest it doesn’t surprise me. Their prices were insane before other prices became equally insane.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Green Wolf Gear: GWG-014 1/6 Scale Warhammer 40k C8485110

cdn_rhino

Stryker2011 wrote:It’s unfortunate they went out of business, but if I’m being honest it doesn’t surprise me. Their prices were insane before other prices became equally insane.

I think the prices were on par with most Easy and Simple releases, maybe a bit higher to cover the different subject matters they chose. And they were UK based, so everything is more expensive there.

The bigger problem was all the down payments and deposits that were taken, and Kickstarter campaigns, and then nothing was made to show for very long periods of time, with poor communication to the customers. Their financial issues and poor customer service were the biggest issues. And that's a shame because their products filled a gap that no other brand was doing.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
yeah, I used to speak to him now and then and had long conversation with him once, where he was telling me the tooling for some things, like the L98 was tens of thousands..no idea on whether exaggerated or not. Huge shame too as he told me for Brits, he had some modern Brit pathfinders with full kit, and even was going into Falklands too. 2nd time they gone bust though

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum