OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ovy wrote:It's a craze? Razz  Didn't appear to me that it was that noticeably much, but now you gave it a name so I guess it's a thing.

I mean many many years ago started the craze of having mostly English names in the pop culture so why not.

Ok, how about "trend"? Smile I'm not saying it's bad -- or good -- per se, just noticing it.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

Fantastic work, she looks really rugged and ready to blast the hairs off a bantha. Colorful twi'leks will always be the best look.

BAMComix

Theboo-bomb wrote:Fantastic work, she looks really rugged and ready to blast the hairs off a bantha. Colorful twi'leks will always be the best look.

Thank you very much, You know, I think she probably could! I agree about the colours, they have such a lrge scope to choose from when deciding on a colour Very Happy

tankgirlfuzzy

That blue is intense and I'm amazed you were able to get such even coverage and saturation on both head and body so they match. Terrific work! I only shaded my Yae (right arm) with artists' crayons (I think those are the same as oil pastels) and it really wasn't all that perfect but close enough.

BAMComix

BAMComix
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:That blue is intense and I'm amazed you were able to get such even coverage and saturation on both head and body so they match. Terrific work! I only shaded my Yae (right arm) with artists' crayons (I think those are the same as oil pastels) and it really wasn't all that perfect but close enough.

Thanks so much, I id have to cover her several times to get overall coverage, it was a long process but it paid off in the end. I am currently experimenting with a second Twi'Lek, which I have done a different colour. I have this idea for the tails, if it works, they might even move Very Happy

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. - Page 2 Page-2

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That’s looking good. Please, please tell me you’re going to do Oola. Just kidding. Whatever you do with her, I’m sure it’ll be cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. - Page 2 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! That’s looking good. Please, please tell me you’re going to do Oola. Just kidding. Whatever you do with her, I’m sure it’ll be cool.

Thanks Mark Very Happy , still a long way to go Very Happy . lol! no mate, I wasn't planning on making Oola, I think this one will be a bounty hunter bounce . I still need to trackdown boots, belts and all the usual Star wars stuff. Hopefully she will be as good as Sinya.

Chip

Think we are all itching to see where this one goes .

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Chip wrote:Think we are all itching to see where this one goes .

Pretty sure they have medication for that. Twisted Evil

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL. Dal, you could (should?) make your new custom work both for Oola and for a newly created bounty hunter. Smile
Nice job on coloring the body green. And thank you for using proper opaque digital censorship bars to cover the "naughty" bits.

BAMComix

BAMComix

thanks chip, hopefully she will be as good or better than Sinya? Very Happy

Stryker2011 wrote:

Pretty sure they have medication for that. Twisted Evil

lol! lol! lol!

GubernatorFan wrote:LOL. Dal, you could (should?) make your new custom work both for Oola and for a newly created bounty hunter. Smile
Nice job on coloring the body green. And thank you for using proper opaque digital censorship bars to cover the "naughty" bits.

that's a great idea Ian! The only problem I have is that if I can make the tails move, she may have to have coverings on her tails? I will have to give this some thought scratch
Thank you on the body covering, I am not sure whether she will need another coating? No worries on the cover up, we have the same policy at Ammo cheers

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I may be missing something, but why would the tails (lekku?) need coverings? Whether you need another coating only you can tell. Does the color run off/transfer? Does it look consistent and opaque enough? Only you can tell for sure. The under-head neck and hand and ankle areas tend to be the toughest part to color well.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:I may be missing something, but why would the tails (lekku?) need coverings? Whether you need another coating only you can tell. Does the color run off/transfer? Does it look consistent and opaque enough? Only you can tell for sure. The under-head neck and hand and ankle areas tend to be the toughest part to color well.

hey Ian, no my friend, your not missing something, The reasoning is, (1) It would helps set mine apart from other Twi'Lek bashes, and I don't think I have ever seen anyone do it? (2) Having the coverings on the tails will be where I am planning on hiding the inner wires which in theory, should allow me to be able to move them. It's an ambitious plan, but I think i can do it? bounce bounce bounce
As for the covering, it does have a nice even look, but will need a bit more around the ankles and wrists, as you have said. Fun times eh? Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is ambitious indeed. Thanks for explaining, and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:That is ambitious indeed. Thanks for explaining, and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I will keep you guys up to speed. I have just ordered the head and some green stuff (Modeling clay) for the first part of the job, hopefully, all will go well bounce bounce

Ovy

Ovy
Oh another one? Keep em coming. I never tried it as I don't collect 1/6 Star Wars but with Sky we philsophicisized about head tails made from latex with wires in them for posing etc.

There also was this Star Wars game, The Old Republic, where you could choose from multiple species and classes. So you could make Twi'lek Stormtroopers. When they wore helmets, the tails where just hanging out there. But there were also some more creative solutions for other head pieces.
Coverings would be great. i have heard that even human Earth people are sometimes wearing beanies and caps etc.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Really Great Work. I love all the non human creatures. Can not wait to see Your next one !

BAMComix

BAMComix
Ovy wrote:Oh another one? Keep em coming. I never tried it as I don't collect 1/6 Star Wars but with Sky we philsophicisized about head tails made from latex with wires in them for posing etc.

There also was this Star Wars game, The Old Republic, where you could choose from multiple species and classes. So you could make Twi'lek Stormtroopers. When they wore helmets, the tails where just hanging out there. But there were also some more creative solutions for other head pieces.
Coverings would be great. i have heard that even human Earth people are sometimes wearing beanies and caps etc.

Very Happy Yeah, I'm gonna have a go at another, you know what it's like, get an idea, run with it, see where it takes you? could be good, or could be awful! time will tell I guess? I was chatting with chip about using latex, and it may still be an option if my idea doesn't work out?
Twi'Lek stormtroopers? now there's an idea! Thanks for all the great input Ovy, I will keep you updated as I go. lol! imagine a Twi'Lek in a beanie cheers

Ephiane wrote:Really Great Work. I love all the non human creatures. Can not wait to see Your next one !

Thanks Ephiane, I hope I can produce something cool cheers cheers . After all, you inspired me to try this lol!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually, once you sculpt lekku that can attach cleanly to the stormtrooper helmet, you've to your Twilek stormtrooper all set. Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Actually, once you sculpt lekku that can attach cleanly to the stormtrooper helmet, you've to your Twilek stormtrooper all set. Smile

cool, sounds good. Maybe she can have a stromtrooper helmet as a trophy?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:cool, sounds good. Maybe she can have a stromtrooper helmet as a trophy?

Oh that's just mean... but I suppose appropriate. Wink

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAMComix wrote:cool, sounds good. Maybe she can have a stromtrooper helmet as a trophy?

Oh that's just mean... but I suppose appropriate. Wink

lol! lol! lol! Well, she will probably have spent most of her time running away from them?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum