OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the TBLeague Spartan Commander red and black capes stain the bodies?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I wasn’t sure if these concerns applied to official TBLeague releases or just third part clothing. If they will stain, how long is it “safe” to have things like the capes touching the body? I know that depends on a lot of different variables, but just ballpark.

I have seen the tips for washing the excess dye out of the clothes. I guess what ‘m asking Is if I need to go that route here or not. TIA.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Generally speaking, TBLeague's clothing should be safe (or at least safer) to use on a TBLeague seamless body than clothing produced by anyone else. I don't have many TBLeague character sets, but what I do have and the black underwear from TBLeague I have used on their base bodies have not yet manifested a staining problem in my experience.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sometimes the only way to know for sure is to test it on some tbleague 'skin'... not ideal, i know. ;p

Alternatively, you *can* use one of the methods for removing the excess dyes and see if it leaves a residue on a white paper towel. If you are worried about it enough, then it would be worth the extra precaution.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes. TBLeague clothing is NOT safe — particularly the capes. I’ve learned that lesson the hard way, ALWAY, ALWAYS do the cleaning techniques for capes/cloaks even if they come with the set. Make sure they do not stain a paper towel before adding them to your figure. Please do this — you won’t be sorry later, and after that there should be no issue leaving it on the figure. If you check MonkeyDepot for loose TBL bodies broken down from sets, you will see in the “notes” that many of these bodies have staining issues after the costume was removed.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Will the TBLeague Spartan Commander red and black capes stain the bodies? C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Thanks, everyone. The capes were quickly removed and will not go back on until they’ve been cleaned.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Okay, I must be doing something wrong here.  I hand washed the black cape in warm water and detergent, let it soak for a bit, rinsed it in cold water, and put it on a white paper towel.  It looks like a little bit of dye might have come off in the container, but no dye on the white paper towel.  That seams a little too easy.  I was expecting the water in the container to be black, the paper towel to be stained, and having to repeat the process a few times.  Is it possible that it was this easy?

Edit - Just did the red cape. Some dye did come off, because the water that started out blue (due to the detergent) had a slightly violet hue while the water the black cape was washed in had a slightly indigo hue. No stans on the paper towel from the red cape either, so TBLeague must have used a pretty good fabric on these.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Let them air dry on the paper towel, and wait to see. If no residual dye is present on the towel you should be relatively good to go.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Will the TBLeague Spartan Commander red and black capes stain the bodies? C8485110

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I've seen a guy post on flickr about a stain from black clothing on tbleague. He removed the cloths and left the figure alone for two weeks and the stain faded away completely. Not saying all stains will fade but atleast it's a nice option to try before chemical washes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum