OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skippy

Dario Barbera wrote:Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue are proud to announce a new collaboration! John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure will be revealed soon!

John Wayne remains one of the most beloved icons in the history of American film. His prolific career established him as the symbol of an American West that epitomized the virtues of courage, toughness and loyalty.

In 1969, he won an Oscar for his role as elderly one-eyed federal marshal that today will be back to life with this amazing Action Figure!

Produced by Infinite Statue and Kaustic Plastik
Art Direction by Fabio Varesi
Product Management by Fabio Varesi and Fabio Berruti
3d head sculpt and parts by Sean Dabbs
Extra 3d by Daniele "Danko" Angelozzi
Master paint by Dario Barbera
Outfit by KP Team

Let's enjoy this early work in progress render!

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure 186558204_4129162110480627_8508197379261351474_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JLTXiJ0IVXQAX-NlZUH&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-3

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure 186511933_4129162297147275_3622520220345917530_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=YtYrEFu7q6QAX-hQXM_&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-4

He avoided mentioning True Grit or Rooster Cogburn so it appears to be one of those figures where the license has been granted for the actor's likeness, but not for the property it's going to represent.

Delanie

Delanie
Hmm not my favourite John Wayne film

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That looks great. Hopefully, it actually IS a figure, and not a statue. While it isn’t my favorite Duke movie, I still love his Westerns, so if it turns out to actually be a figure, I’ll definitely get this. Though I worry about the cost, since there seems to be too many cooks in the kitchen, which always drives up expenses.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure C8485110

Skippy

Dario says it's an "action figure", so it'll be in the same series KP are doing with Infinite Statue like their Bud Spencer and Inspector Clouseau.

Hopefully he'll look more the quality of Bud than Clouseau.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
And hopefully, not the cost of Clouseau. Wink

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure C8485110

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:And hopefully, not the cost of Clouseau. Wink

I wouldn't count on it!

This KP/IS combo seems to be quite expensive.

I considered Bud because he looked really good, but couldn't justify him because I don't rate the Trinity films.

I'd be much more up for Rooster, as there's been a lack of quality John Wayne figures.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Asta wrote:there's been a lack of quality John Wayne figures.

Indeed. That’s why I was happy to get in on the ArtFigures Ethan (The Searchers) — that turned out great.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Indeed. That’s why I was happy to get in on the ArtFigures Ethan (The Searchers) — that turned out great.

I didn't know about that one.

Skippy

Kaustic Plastik

John Wayne official 1/6 action figure.
Western campfire Diorama stand preview.
The diorama stand will be included on the deluxe version of the figure and it will feature our latest innovative technology for magnetic stands!
No support will needed to display the figure!
Stay tuned for extra teasers!

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure 189700079_4151319418264896_4891092940567861966_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=zeMQm4jgzf8AX9Vh089&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-3

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure 188423383_4151319684931536_916012304200126194_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=JVYJX1Ca-iwAX_D31FX&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-3

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure 188280294_4151319841598187_4633227820073944108_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=_ORKzmDV2F8AX_0k7NQ&tn=dqpxbflM2gVhDMOZ&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-4

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting. But I see added expense with the magnet base. I kind of hope that everything in the base isn’t just pre-attached (like the bag, coffee pot, cup for example), so the figure can interact with it.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting. But I see added expense with the magnet base. I kind of hope that everything in the base isn’t just pre-attached (like the bag, coffee pot, cup for example), so the figure can interact with it.

I also don't trust the magnetic base, and would rather have a regular support rod. Because it all comes down to how well the figure's ankle joints hold up.

I'd have to sit him on the log for safety, unless his boots aid stability.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The boots could also be problematic if they are “one piece” and don’t allow at least some ankle movement for decent posing (though not as if The Duke was super active by then.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:The boots could also be problematic if they are “one piece” and don’t allow at least some ankle movement for decent posing (though not as if The Duke was super active by then.

If they do them like Bud Spencer's they'll be genuine leather. (The Peter Sellers sets have real laces, but no mention of leather, so are probably shiny pleather).

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Real leather would be great, and should make for support and some articulation.

Skippy

Stryker2011 wrote:Real leather would be great, and should make for support and some articulation.

It probably would.

Though I'm still wary about the idea of leaving a figure unsupported. I guess it's a case of try it and see.

Skippy

All the links broke again here and on Collector Freaks.

No idea why.

New teaser video from KP:

Kaustic Plastik
41 mins
Are you ready? Full reveal and pre orders: 5th of July. Mark the date!

https://www.facebook.com/KausticPlastik/videos/986578428770458

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I hope it doesn’t break the bank like the Peter Sellers figure…

Skippy

Kaustic Plastik
1 hr  ·

Produced by Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue

Product Management by Fabio Varesi
Designed by Fabio Varesi and Fabio Berruti
3d headsculpt and accessories by Sean Dabbs
3d Extra parts Daniele 'Danko' Angelozzi
Master Paint by Dario Barbera
Outfit designed by KP Team
Exclusive Artwork by Giada Giusti

Release date: 4rd Quarter 2021/1st 2022
Features:

– John Wayne lifelike Headsculpts (Handmade paint) based on 1969/1970 Likeness
– 8 Posable hands
– One Body fully articulated (31 cm)
– One blue shirt (weathered)
– One pair of brown pants (weathered)
– Khaki Jacket with working buttons
– Pants suspenders
– Gilet (weathered)
– Red Scarf Bandana (weathered)
– Sheriff Star
– Metal bracelet
– One pair of Brown boots (weathered)
– John Wayne's trademark Colt Single Action Army revolver chambered for .44-40 Winchester
– Winchester 1892 SRC special shortened barrel
– Metal spurs
– Belt with eagle buckle
– Holster with full set of bullets
– Optional .45-70 long rifle bullets
– Cowboy Hat
– Whiskey bottle
– Backpack (Deluxe and exclusive version only)
– Coffee cup (Deluxe and exclusive version only)
– Coffee Machine (Deluxe and exclusive version only)
– Standard Stand (Magnetic)
– WEB Exclusive ONLY (Only at Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue e-commerce sites): 200 pcs hand numbered and artist signed artwork poster, printed in high quality paper

Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Kp_joh11
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Kp_joh12
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Kp_joh10
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Kp_joh17
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Kp_joh14
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Kp_joh13
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Kp_joh16
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Wayne_exclusive_06-scaled
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure WAYNE-EXCLUS-COMPLETE-SET-scaled
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure WAYNE-DELUXE-COMPLETE-SET-scaled
Kaustic Plastik and Infinite Statue - John Wayne OFFICIAL 1/6 Action Figure Wayne_exclusive_04-scaled

ahbake

Looks amazing, I'm not a John Wayne expert, but the likeness seems better than on their Clouseau figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's looking very good to me, although I too am no expert. The "Infinite Statue" brand name threw me, and I'm glad it's an action figure after all.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good.

csyeung

csyeung
nice figure, base is pretty cool too!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Setting aside where people may rank True Grit in their favorites, the choice leads to an older craggier eyepatch face which makes maybe for a more interesting figure. Down side is that it is also the single Wayne movie where the headsculpt cannot serve for any other John Wayne custom. Maybe this means that (if they have a John Wayne license, or are prepared to go without) this will be first of a series and we can look forward to their younger versions etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum