OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thunder's new product: 1/6
Thunder Toys 1/6 Variant Spider New Release (#TD2021A/B/C)

#TD2021A:
head sculpture (luminous) *1
body *1 body
suit (Qiguang) *1
hand type *3
Spider silk*2
Base*1

#TD2021A
Head (lighting) * 1
Body * 1
Costume (glow in dark)*1
Hand shape * 3
Spider silk*2
Base*1

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13125510
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13125710
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13125811
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13125910
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13130110
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13130510
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13130811

#TD2021B:
Floor (high-quality styrofoam) *1 Base (resin)
size: 27cm*28cm*21cm

#TD2020B:
Base (resin): 27cm*28cm*21cm

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13131210
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13131311
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13131411
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13131610
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13131810
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13131911

# TD2021C:
Head eagle (light-emitting) * 1
Ferrite * 1
Jersey (Ye light) * 1
-hand * 3
spider silk * 2
Platform: Quality Polychrome stone * 1

cut-off single time: in June 2021 28
expected Shipping time: the fourth quarter of 2021

#TD2020C:
Head (lighting) * 1
Body * 1
Costume (glow in dark)*1
Hand shape * 3
Spider silk*2
Base (resin) 27cm*28cm*22cm

Order close at 28th June 2021
Shipping plan: 4th quarter of 2021

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13173310
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13173610
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13173810
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13173910
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13174110
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13174310
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13174510
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13174710
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13174910
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13175110
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13175210
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13175410
NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 13175610

#newproduct #ThunderToys #VariantSpider #comicbook #male #platform #accessory

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am long burnt-out on Spidermen, but it does look very good and the lit eyes effect is very cool. The base really steals the show for me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The base is up at OSK for nearly $190 by itself (solid resin — big mistake). It’s cool, but it’s not that cool. If it had been MAYBE $100 I would have given it some thought, but nearly 200…?! Nah.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:The base is up at OSK for nearly $190 by itself (solid resin — big mistake). It’s cool, but it’s not that cool. If it had been MAYBE $100 I would have given it some thought, but nearly 200…?! Nah.

Oh, I agree. Far too much for a base, in my book anyway. And resin may have been a mistake indeed.

Ovy

Ovy
Just a regular person in a spiderweb themed spandex suit. Razz

JohnByng

The suit seems to fit better than most. I have two Spideys and don't need a third (I do wish I had picked up the black-suit version though) but I like the base. $200 is a bit steep!

csyeung

csyeung
Base looks great but pricey. I'm sure the weight/resin has to do with it, probably the shipping alone for that is a big part of the cost.

The way the spider web doesn't really connect/criss-cross between his eyes on the face mask is bugging me haha.

JohnByng

I wish the dark version wasn't a lighting effect - I prefer it!

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
This balcony with the supporting statuary is prominently from 2002 Tobey McGuire Spider-Man while the costume compromises that movie and a basic comic look.  The balcony design tself was not all that prominent in the movie, but interestingly it was a very impressive item in the toy line (where it came with the Mary Jane figure, maybe done to be more attractive to boys reluctant to buy the "girl figure"). The toy was of an intact balcony though, and at no point in the movie did we see semi-intact balcony wreckage on the ground, which would be kind of unlikely. This base looks more aged/weathered than crashed.

Gotta respectfully disagree with how the majority of comments are liking the eyes light-up feature:  I think it's silly, and very non-Spider-Man, particularly with this general costume that doesn't have any weird Stark tech or anything like that.  IMHO "Customers like it on Iron Man, so let's give it to Spider-Man" is manufacturer's lazy thinking.  I would much rather have seen the simpler, cheaper exchangeable eye pieces that HT and others have done.  (I know, they don't make much sense either until they are retconned in the MCU as Stark Tech, but they were part of the Steve Ditko art style from Day One).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting background on the balcony, MBAM. I realize now what it references -- specifically. Wasn't there a point where the Green Goblin causes damage to the building and parts of it begin to fall out. Perhaps the balcony fragment is in the process of falling, not yet fallen and properly smashed? Not saying it makes much sense as a choice (and a falling piece of a building is not necessarily going to double naturally as a base), but perhaps it explains it. That said, I have not tried to track down the scene and verify.
About the eyes, as I have no interest in acquiring additional Spider-Men figures, I thought it was a neat trick to have them light up like this. But yes, I don't recall them ever lighting up in any movie. Did they on Iron Spider? But that would be a different look anyway.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting background on the balcony, MBAM. I realize now what it references -- specifically. Wasn't there a point where the Green Goblin causes damage to the building and parts of it begin to fall out. Perhaps the balcony fragment is in the process of falling, not yet fallen and properly smashed? Not saying it makes much sense as a choice (and a falling piece of a building is not necessarily going to double naturally as a base), but perhaps it explains it. That said, I have not tried to track down the scene and verify.
About the eyes, as I have no interest in acquiring additional Spider-Men figures, I thought it was a neat trick to have them light up like this. But yes, I don't recall them ever lighting up in any movie. Did they on Iron Spider? But that would be a different look anyway.

Quite right, that is exactly what happened with the balcony, though being struck and falling off a building is different from the apparent aging/weathering evident on this base.  I am of course overthinking things again.  But the reason I thought the balcony choice was an interesting one is that I betcha they were more likely thinking of the 2002 toy line, where the push-to-collapse balcony was a standout, rather than directly of the film scene.  Customers who were kids in 2002 are a good target age for being 1/6 customers now, so it may especially resonate with them -- now they need to make a Kirsten Mary Jane.

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 51kuyc10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh please, please, please do a Kirsten Dunst Mary Jane. Or better yet just make a Kirsten Dunst head! NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 2764

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh please, please, please do a Kirsten Dunst Mary Jane. Or better yet just make a Kirsten Dunst head!  NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 2764

Does someone have a schoolboy crush…? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Very Happy )

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Does someone have a schoolboy crush…? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Very Happy )

Someone did... does... Smile

JohnByng

As long as he doesn't get crushed by the falling balcony. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If that cushions Kirsten's fall... Smile

JohnByng

Ah! I see you have it all planned out! Very Happy

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Judging by the height of the balustrade shown with Spidey for scale, the base is for 1/12 figures.
Its just like the TBL Bloodshot base with the low balustrade.

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:...the 2002 toy line, where the push-to-collapse balcony was a standout, rather than directly of the film scene.  Customers who were kids in 2002 are a good target age for being 1/6 customers now, so it may especially resonate with them -- now they need to make a Kirsten Mary Jane.

NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) 51kuyc10

Hey i have that! (or used to...) I recall i sold MJ because the satiny red cheongsam was starting to fade but I'm not sure if i sold the balcony with her or kept it.
There's a hole at the back of the Atlas sculpture for hanging on the wall, press the front rectangular moulding panel and the balcony collapses. Too cool!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is entirely possible that they are recycling pieces, in part.

20NEW PRODUCT: Thunder: 1/6 Variant Spider (#TD2021A/B/C) Empty Thunder Toys Spider-Man ? Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:07 am

Chip

Hi , I seen this figure reviewed and in the guys hands on U-Tube . However looking on eBay , they are pre order . There was a link in the guys tutorial for a supplier , but there is no sign of the figure in their store either . I wont pre order on eBay anymore , and I am failing to find this figure from any stores reputable , so am at a little bit of a loss ? Anyone got one or know of a supplier ? If you grabbed one , why is it still showing as pre order by eBay ?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Chip wrote:Hi , I seen this figure reviewed and in the guys hands on U-Tube . However looking on eBay , they are pre order . There was a link in the guys tutorial for  a supplier , but there is no sign of the figure in their store either . I wont pre order on eBay anymore , and I am failing to find this figure from any stores reputable , so am at a little bit of a loss ? Anyone got one or know of a supplier ? If you grabbed one , why is it still showing as pre order by eBay ?

Is this the product you are referring to?
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4220-new-product-thunder-1-6-variant-spider-td2021a-b-c

Also, it would help if you provide the relevant YouTube link.

Chip

That`s the one Ian , the YouTube review appears to be dated the 22 Nov 2021 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-eTyKXYS8&t=196s

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm looking at the YouTube review, and the link seems to lead to listings for the product:
https://www.comicsanctorum.com/?s=Thunder+Toys+Variant+Spider+1%3A6+Scale&post_type=product

I do not know how the distribution works, but Justin is a well-known reviewer with plenty of connections, so it is possible he obtained a slightly advance or earliest available item.

csyeung

csyeung
I wanna say this piece was released for maybe a few weeks ago. I started seeing pictures on facebook during thanksgiving i think. Lionrocktoyz(kghobby) has the deluxe version and as Ian says comicsanctorum(toys wonderland) has the regular and deluxe.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is ComicSanctorum a new name for Toys Wonderland? Justin usually gets his items from the latter, but this time he references the former.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum