OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Continued adventures from the yard...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Continued adventures from the yard... Empty Continued adventures from the yard... Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:21 pm

dadrab

dadrab
We find our heroes trying to beat the heat of another late June day in Augusta.

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162095330_8bd99a5d6b_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 42972276701_d2b8fc79b6_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162095250_b35ce8f5db_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 42972276401_395664b88f_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162095070_7cd2bb495e_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 42972275991_7d9d8432b9_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162094780_15b681ca7d_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162096860_b9e4244e36_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 42972275681_d4ed100d61_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 42972278031_28862e014b_o

Later.

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162094550_281ddae079_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162094440_2abf14499e_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 42972275371_82017a2bbb_o

Continued adventures from the yard... <a href=Continued adventures from the yard... 41162094290_c61f8e6965_o

Until next time. Thanks for looking.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice! I've heard of/and heard cicadas, but I guess I've never seen one up close. Creepy.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Continued adventures from the yard... C8485110

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Sometimes the adventure from the yard feel like they could be an educational show. Learning about nature from the perspective of outdoor action figure. And for the record, I agree, it looks like a damn monster.

4Continued adventures from the yard... Empty Re: Continued adventures from the yard... Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:28 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool story. Indeed very creepy.

5Continued adventures from the yard... Empty Re: Continued adventures from the yard... Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a monster. Good thing it was a dead one.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Entertainment ! Oh, No. I spent hours of work by bash monsters and found better ones in Your Yard Laughing
Thanks for showing, Friend

dadrab

dadrab
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice! I've heard of/and heard cicadas, but I guess I've never seen one up close. Creepy.

Thank you, Striker.

Yeah, they're not the prettiest bug you'll see. Truth is, in my life I've only seen maybe four or five shells. They're usually left high in a tree. To find one is, at least for me, kind of special.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Sometimes the adventure from the yard feel like they could be an educational show.  Learning about nature from the perspective of outdoor action figure.  And for the record, I agree, it looks like a damn monster.

Really appreciate you looking, Rev. And, thank you for the comment. What you wrote means a lot as I believe I'm probably a frustrated teacher at heart. Truth is, I don't have the patience for it and I know this about myself...thankfully as prison is not where I want to be. Sure as I'm born, the body of a young smartass peckerwood would be left in my wake. I don't suffer fools well at all. The upside is, the older I get, the less I have to do so as they are easily blown off.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very cool story. Indeed very creepy.

Thanks very much, Mr. WOLF. When I saw the shell, I knew I had to work it into at tale of some sort, but time was short, as I'll explain below.

Ephiane wrote:Great Entertainment ! Oh, No. I spent hours of work by bash monsters and found better ones in Your Yard Laughing
Thanks for showing, Friend

I thank you, Ephiane. I won't pretend to hold a candle to your creations. Those are real art. I'm just fortunate enough to sometimes find what nature deals out and capitalize on it. This find was interesting enough to retrieve the Nikon and shoot some photos.

I was quite fortunate to find the shell at all. True, it was hanging on the fence very close to where the guys hang out and that's how I spotted it. I was in that plant bed pulling weeds and helping out the guys in that a squirrel, or cat, of some other critter had knocked them over. I looked up and to the right and there it was.

As it looked like an afternoon storm was brewing, I figured to be quick about it. Shot the photos and went on my way.

Less that 15 minutes later, the bottom dropped out and washed the shell away.

8Continued adventures from the yard... Empty Re: Continued adventures from the yard... Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:12 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice! I've heard of/and heard cicadas, but I guess I've never seen one up close. Creepy.

What you see is the cicada's exoskeleton. They shed them when they change from a nymph to an adult.

Whenever our cat heard one it would climb the tree and stalk it. You could tell when he caught one because the chirping from the tree increased significantly in volume.

peter the painter

Great stuff dadrab, I love the guys and their wildlife encounters.

Cheers,

Peter.

10Continued adventures from the yard... Empty Re: Continued adventures from the yard... Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:00 pm

dadrab

dadrab
shazzdan wrote:

What you see is the cicada's exoskeleton. They shed them when they change from a nymph to an adult.

Whenever our cat heard one it would climb the tree and stalk it. You could tell when he caught one because the chirping from the tree increased significantly in volume.

You're exactly right about the exoskeleton and, that's pretty damn funny about your cat. Hope you didn't have to go up the tree to retrieve him/her.

peter the painter wrote:Great stuff dadrab, I love the guys and their wildlife encounters.

Thanks very much, Peter. Sometimes I get lucky in the wildlife department. It's probably been seven or eight years since I've seen a cicada shell. I couldn't let the opportunity pass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum