OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Adventures of Tintin ???

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Adventures of Tintin ??? Empty The Adventures of Tintin ??? Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:39 am

teamweapon

I dont ever recall seeing any 1/6 figures made from this movie?
Although i could easily be wrong [i frequently am haha]
I was reminded by it being on TV yesterday, i have seen it a few times already, and i really enjoy it. Its a shame it never got any other adventures made.
But i think the characters from this would look great in our scale Smile
The Adventures of Tintin ??? Advent10

2The Adventures of Tintin ??? Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin ??? Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:25 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
I recall that someone made a modern take on Tintin awhile ago, I dont know who made it

The Adventures of Tintin ??? 53019658189_2d1599768a024-1 by lt_havoc2003, on Flickr

The Adventures of Tintin ??? 53019974363_fcf3ba3bd1025 by lt_havoc2003, on Flickr

The Adventures of Tintin ??? 53018910037_c51b115ab0028 by lt_havoc2003, on Flickr

The Adventures of Tintin ??? 53019974358_4a3b405710040 by lt_havoc2003, on Flickr

I did find this facebook post from 2020 about a custom Tintin figure based on the animated movie: https://www.facebook.com/charleszenroom/posts/16-scale-tintin-by-toyman__zhao-instagram-more-update-pre-order-shall-be-startin/3171306142880869/

Other than that, you either have to find a guy willing to make a Tintin style head for a body (clothing should not be that big of a problem) or you get someone to 3D print the head.

Would be the same for Haddock.

3The Adventures of Tintin ??? Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin ??? Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:56 am

teamweapon

ZeroDelta wrote:I recall that someone made a modern take on Tintin awhile ago, I dont know who made it

I did find this facebook post from 2020 about a custom Tintin figure based on the animated movie: https://www.facebook.com/charleszenroom/posts/16-scale-tintin-by-toyman__zhao-instagram-more-update-pre-order-shall-be-startin/3171306142880869/

Other than that, you either have to find a guy willing to make a Tintin style head for a body (clothing should not be that big of a problem) or you get someone to 3D print the head.

Would be the same for Haddock.

COOL! thats a nice bash that.
i think i would go for a hadock before tintin.

i couldnt QUITE recall if hot toys had made an announcement and then cancelled it as the movie bombed? but i guess they didnt.
you would think with all the 3rd party figures piling out of china[reminds me of the lawless wild west haha] that someone would have had a stab at it. especially as tintin is such a huge cultural icon in France.

4The Adventures of Tintin ??? Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin ??? Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:56 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
The movie did not bob, it made 350 Million Dollars by a 105 Million dollar budget, so......and Hot Toys made figures based on movies that made less than that, hell they are doing The Flash movie figures and that movie is a gigantic flop so. I dont think Hot Toys actually announced anything regarding The Adventures of Tintin.

As for bootleg figures: The Herge Estate, like the Herbert Estate, are known to pursue people doing illegal works based on their stuff to hell and back, you do not mess with them, they will go after you even in China and plaster you to death with lawsuits,

5The Adventures of Tintin ??? Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin ??? Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:25 am

blackpool

blackpool
I second the comments, check for toyman_zhao, a custom artist that actually did tintin, capt Haddock, and the dupont&dupond police officers, all folowing the Spielberg movie (and man they are insanely cool)

6The Adventures of Tintin ??? Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin ??? Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:39 pm

teamweapon

ZeroDelta wrote:The movie did not bob, it made 350 Million Dollars by a 105 Million dollar budget, so......and Hot Toys made figures based on movies that made less than that, hell they are doing The Flash movie figures and that movie is a gigantic flop so. I dont think Hot Toys actually announced anything regarding The Adventures of Tintin.

As for bootleg figures:  The Herge Estate, like the Herbert Estate, are known to pursue people doing illegal works based on their stuff to hell and back, you do not mess with them, they will go after you even in China and plaster you to death with lawsuits,

My mistake and there actually is a second movie coming out in 2027!!! thats if i live that long haha.
im not really sure that tiny factories in China would shy away from making figures because they might get caught, im quite certain that disney have tried to shut it all down and cant manage it with all the money and people they have, so not sure how successful Herge would be at it?

and HOLY SMOKE those toyman_zhao figures are KILLER!!!!!
and for how good they are a very reasonable price too!
although im sure to buy one now would cost considerably more than the retail.
might try to find them.... although have to find the wonga first Very Happy

7The Adventures of Tintin ??? Empty Re: The Adventures of Tintin ??? Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:11 am

blackpool

blackpool
You can contact toyman_zhao on social medias, like facebook or instagram, he's a nice guy! If it can help the prices of the figures are usually between 700-900$ depending on the project (I know it sounds like a lot, but it's fully handmade, very limited runs, and it comes in wooden case most often like a good ol whisky!)

BTW his tintin creations all have two headsculpts, one stylized from the movie, one stylized from the original comic book.

Awesome news for the second movie! (I was surprised they chose this adventure as a first, since it's a two parts story in two books) I hope he will make more, I know Spielberg actually secured the license with Hergé a loooong time ago when they were supposed to meet but Hergé died just before... That was around the release of the first indiana jones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum