OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Empty Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 8:19

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Like many, Boba Fett is one of my favourite Star Wars characters. His appearance in Return of The Jedi is my favourite look for him.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51264771466_b3e0f50c9b_c
When the Black Series came out with one, it meant I could retire my custom one (finally) I had to have it.

As much as I liked him, I saw some room for improvement, so here we are.

Many people had issues with his helmet being deformed (sunken in cheeks) but it was nothing that a soak in some boiled water wouldn't cure.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51263613851_571e96f729_c

While I was at it, I popped the helmet off, finding an unpainted generic Jango style head underneath, so that got painted.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51265024072_77c1776628
I then rigged some padding out of some fake leather to protect the painted head, and allow the helmet to sit at a better height on the head.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51264041387_42e377d12a_z

I also made a helmet liner/gasket piece out of hockey tape (because of course) this serves to hide his head sculpt from lower angles while wearing the helmet.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51266797815_00f848c463_c
I just have to pop his head off and place it in the liner, then re-attach the head. Getting the liner and padding back in the helmet can be a little tricky sometimes, but it's nothing a little pushing with some tweezers can't handle.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51265810990_b6bd3b3fdc_z

Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51264771621_4af077360e_c
His grappling hook was admittedly pretty bad. It came with a separate gauntlet piece that attached to his wrist and the string for it was pretty flimsy...so that got tossed.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51265811495_0cd61fe58d

I re-used the string (painted) for his Wookiee braids, with some black hockey tape for some keepers, I ditched the plastic braids.
I substituted his gauntlet attachment for a black wire twist tie, then drilled a hole in his arm gauntlet to accommodate the wire.
I glued the end of the grapple to the wire, and there we go.
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51264965933_8a59124c30_c

I ditched his plastic cape while I was at it. I used a piece of a glasses cleaning cloth with some paint and mod podge to starch and help hold its shape.

I gave his blaster a strap (paper clips for the mounts, and carnation ribbon for the strap)
Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett 51265512649_4e2e477aed_c
One of his pouches was painted an incorrect colour, so I fixed that, and gave his body a wash with some dirty paint water. Also touched up a little of the metal damage on his helmet and chest armor. I also glossed the heck out of his visor.

I like a shiny visor.

2Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Empty Re: Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 10:11

Diana

Diana
He looks fantastic! Well done!! Very Happy

3Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Empty Re: Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 10:22

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot Smile

4Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Empty Re: Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 11:09

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent job. Hockey Tape saves the day, yet again, and the choice of glass cleaning cloth (which is microfiber) is a good one for small scales (even sixth scale), as it tends to be soft and heavy, thereby draping well. The weathering and painting really make this pop.

5Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Empty Re: Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 11:18

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks Gube! Haha yeah it wouldn't be one of my customs if there wasn't a little hockey tape involved somewhere.

6Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Empty Re: Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 12:30

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That is fantastic. And really cool that you painted up the Temura head sculpt. Nice job all around, and the improvements are really impressive.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett C8485110

7Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Empty Re: Black Series ROTJ Boba Fett Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 12:33

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Thanks a lot Mark, really appreciate it. I had some good fun working on this guy,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum