OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

BAMComix

Great looking figures, the one guys tool belt looks fantastic!

skywalkersaga

OceanGirl24 wrote:
I'm having trouble finding clear wax. Future and Pledge are no longer sold near me and I'm not sure about the multi-purpose stuff that sounds like it's more than just the wax. I regret throwing about that bottle of Pledge I used to use on decals.

If you're not able to find any clear liquid wax, you could experiment with Ephiane's hairspray method. I do know some professional 1/6 hair customisers use clear hairspray as well. I just don't personally have experience with it (I tend to avoid spray-on stuff for health/respiratory reasons), but if it works for Ephiane then I'm sure it would be worth a try. : )

Ephiane

Really Great. the trick to get hair curly is just by comb it. I use only mohair for the figures, very fine stuff. I pull the hair by comb it with a a very fine comb, so it gets curly. After a while it looks like it was before.

https://youtu.be/BMrkV5CMf0s

skywalkersaga

Ephiane -- I also usually use tibetan lamb hair, but I think OceanGirl is using a different type of wool for this figure's hair, a more curly type of wool I don't have experience with.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
BAMComix wrote:Great looking figures, the one guys tool belt looks fantastic!

Thank you! I had a lot of fun finding all the pieces for the tool belt.

Ephiane wrote:Really Great. the trick to get hair curly is just by comb it. I use only mohair for the figures, very fine stuff. I pull the hair by comb it with a a very fine comb, so it gets curly. After a while it looks like it was before.

https://youtu.be/BMrkV5CMf0s
Ooo, that's interesting. Thanks!

skywalkersaga wrote:Ephiane -- I also usually use tibetan lamb hair, but I think OceanGirl is using a different type of wool for this figure's hair, a more curly type of wool I don't have experience with.

I did end up switching over to Tibetan lamb's hair. I just didn't care for how the other stuff was looking no matter what I did to it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OceanGirl24 wrote:

I did end up switching over to Tibetan lamb's hair. I just didn't care for how the other stuff was looking no matter what I did to it.

Ah, I see! Hope it will work out better for you. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
Progress update. Slowly coming along. Still a lot to do. But not bad considering I have no idea what I'm doing with the hair.

Not happy with the Harley but it'll do for now.

Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 E10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmm. Can you get him to actually sit on the seat? His arms should extend about shoulder height and nearly straight if he’s sitting down properly. Then it may be better, and you could end up happy with it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually, I think the resemblance is pretty good already.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
Stryker2011 wrote:Hmm. Can you get him to actually sit on the seat? His arms should extend about shoulder height and nearly straight if he’s sitting down properly. Then it may be better, and you could end up happy with it.

He actually can't sit on it correctly without leaning over ridiculously far. Either his arms are too short or the handlebars are too far away. I'm still on the hunt for a better Harley.

GubernatorFan wrote:Actually, I think the resemblance is pretty good already.

Thank you!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's too bad about the Harley. It's difficult with these figures in a way. Between the inaccurate scaling of the bikes, to the restrictions of the figure, makes it difficult to get that "natural" look. So far, the only "bikes" I have that actually work with figures have been either Star Wars related, or (I think) video game or comic-book movie-related -- so not "real".

By the way, I think you did a pretty good job on the hair work for the figure.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He looks good to me! I'm still so impressed that you resculpted him like that, it looks amazing.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
Stryker2011 wrote:That's too bad about the Harley. It's difficult with these figures in a way. Between the inaccurate scaling of the bikes, to the restrictions of the figure, makes it difficult to get that "natural" look. So far, the only "bikes" I have that actually work with figures have been either Star Wars related, or (I think) video game or comic-book movie-related -- so not "real".

By the way, I think you did a pretty good job on the hair work for the figure.

The bike scale thing is so frustrating. I just bought another Harley. It's probably the wrong scale too, though. lol

Thank you. The hair was a bigger challenge than I thought it would be.

skywalkersaga wrote:He looks good to me! I'm still so impressed that you resculpted him like that, it looks amazing.

Thank you so much! I'm honestly surprised he turned out as well as he did considering I haven't done any sculpting in several years.

GregT

keep the Barbie Harley, it's patterned after the one used in some of the BoyMeetsWorld promo photos--
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/gallery-shoot-date-july-29-1995-l-r-will-friedle-rider-news-photo/454582388?adppopup=true

use some different postures that don't involve "riding" the bike,
you'll have multiple figures in most of your photos, right?

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
GregT wrote:keep the Barbie Harley, it's patterned after the one used in some of the BoyMeetsWorld promo photos--
https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/gallery-shoot-date-july-29-1995-l-r-will-friedle-rider-news-photo/454582388?adppopup=true

use some different postures that don't involve "riding" the bike,
you'll have multiple figures in most of your photos, right?

That's a good idea about the posing not involving riding the bike. I'll have two for sure. Turner and Shawn. Possibly Topanga and Cory as well.

The only problem with the Harley in the promo is that it's not Turner's bike (I do love that picture). Thanks though.

His is this one:

Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 Pdvd_110

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have to admit I never watched this show (way, way past my time), so I had no idea this is who we’re making; now I’m doubly impressed with this figure. Excellent work.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
Stryker2011 wrote:I have to admit I never watched this show (way, way past my time), so I had no idea this is who we’re making; now I’m doubly impressed with this figure. Excellent work.

Thank you! That really means a lot to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is a bit on the small side, but I still think the Barbie Harley has a lot of potential -- especially if you pose it with smaller bodies. Until recently, my customized version was Arnie's official ride.

Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 T2hd-010
Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 T2hd-011

More photos here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t30-terminator-2-figures-and-gear

Valiarde

Valiarde
That Arnie is just dope. Always nice to see him again.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks Simon, but let's not hijack this thread. In its own thread, you can also see young Connor.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
GubernatorFan wrote:It is a bit on the small side, but I still think the Barbie Harley has a lot of potential -- especially if you pose it with smaller bodies. Until recently, my customized version was Arnie's official ride.

Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 T2hd-010
Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 T2hd-011

More photos here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t30-terminator-2-figures-and-gear

Oooh, that looks really good! I've seen the Barbie Harley but wasn't sure what it looked like. Hmmm, I think I may need to see if I can get my hands on one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
OceanGirl24 wrote:Oooh, that looks really good! I've seen the Barbie Harley but wasn't sure what it looked like. Hmmm, I think I may need to see if I can get my hands on one.
I thought that's what you were using -- or at least talking about -- hence bringing it up. I did repaint it, changed the license plate, cut off some of the light on the handles to be movie accurate, and made some saddlebags. But Arnie did tower over it more than he should, so it would look better with a smaller figure.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
GubernatorFan wrote:
OceanGirl24 wrote:Oooh, that looks really good! I've seen the Barbie Harley but wasn't sure what it looked like. Hmmm, I think I may need to see if I can get my hands on one.
I thought that's what you were using -- or at least talking about -- hence bringing it up. I did repaint it, changed the license plate, cut off some of the light on the handles to be movie accurate, and made some saddlebags. But Arnie did tower over it more than he should, so it would look better with a smaller figure.

I missed the Barbie part. Mine is an RC Harley and it's too big for my figure. I have a feeling it would be a better fit for your Arnie.

Love all customizing you did. It looks fantastic!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
OceanGirl24 wrote:I missed the Barbie part. Mine is an RC Harley and it's too big for my figure. I have a feeling it would be a better fit for your Arnie.

I guess we were talking past each other. I actually upgraded to the RC Harley, which is about the right size scale-wise. I have it in some other sets of photos.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
GubernatorFan wrote:
OceanGirl24 wrote:I missed the Barbie part. Mine is an RC Harley and it's too big for my figure. I have a feeling it would be a better fit for your Arnie.

I guess we were talking past each other. I actually upgraded to the RC Harley, which is about the right size scale-wise. I have it in some other sets of photos.

Sorry, my attention span is all over the place right now. Hard to keep things straight. I really do need to look into the Barbie Harley. Thanks.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
I sacrificed scale for screen accuracy. I can live with it. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season!

Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 410
Kitbash - Sculpting My Childhood (Updated 12/24/22) - Page 3 310

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. Merry Christmas!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
He turned out so well! Happy holidays! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, looks great, and it's nice to see part of your childhood (and ours) come into 3D shape.
Merry Christmas!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum