OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:03 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Bit of a disclaimer, I think I'm deviating further away from action figure and more toward ball joint doll territory but I still feel this is relevant to post here since I wanted to stick to a 1/6 scale/proportions because I want to mix the best of both mediums. If it's not welcome I totally understand and won't take it personally.

I own a few 1/6 action figures/dolls including Tbleauge and was ultimately disappointed with various aspects each figure/doll did poorly. Tbleague: shoulder issues/sticky skin even with cornstarch, VeryCool Female 3.0: Horrible seamless waist that did not hold poses at all, Barbie MTM Curvy: Cartoony proportioned hands/feet/head and lack of waist mobility.

So that led me to ask my self what is it that I want from 1/6? Ideally I want to capure the soul of a person. Something that is as beautiful as it is a technical work of art. I want it to beable to capture human emotion, mobility, detail, and likeness. After being disappointed in my journey and getting over my procrastination I've finally had a Thanos moment to make something myself and do the way I dream of. I could have modified one of my existing figures I had and improve what was there but decided to fully commit and start from scratch so I could call it my own. Making a 1/6 airdry clay bjd prototype was the best way to achieve my mission.

It's very work in process but this is how far I've gotten. I'm very happy so far, and even my girlfriend and family have been blown away by what I was able to do. I'll eventually get to the stage where the body is how I want it and then cut it apart to sculpt all the joints making sure it fits together. Here's two pictures, I'm thinking about increasing the size of the breasts to match the rest if the body but still staying on the small side. Everything here took me about a week of editing and drying.

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Img_2016

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Img_2017

2Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:05 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It would be interesting to see how this develops. There is always room for improvement with any body out there on the market today.

3Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes, indeed. This looks like a cool project. To be honest, I like the proportions you currently have, seems realistic to me — that’s just my opinion, others, including yours, may vary.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW C8485110

4Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:53 am

Diana

Diana
That is one beautiful torso! For my taste the breasts wouldn't need to be bigger, but it also wouldn't hurt if that's what you prefer.
Thank you for sharing your progress. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops! Smile

5Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:38 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Definitely curious to see what you do with this project. Good luck!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:48 pm

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I feel relieved by the positive comments, thanks all! It seems family and people here do prefer the current bust size, so I think it's just a matter or refining them. I'm most excited to mess around with adding joints, it's gonna be as challenging as it is interesting designing what kind of movement I want while balancing the look I'm trying to achieve. I'll post more when I work on the more harder areas like hands and head.

7Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks like a very natural body shape, great job and good luck on the rest of the sculpting and the joints too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW 1f60e

8Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Alittle piece of art. Thanks for showing. Like the body more than the TBL models

9Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:23 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oooh she looks fantastic so far!

10Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:55 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I think I did end up making the boobs bigger slightly, mostly I gave them a much more natural squish.

I decided to tackle the hip joint next, it's probably the hardest joint out of all the others I have to do. I do not like most
ball joint doll hips, the new norm is having double-jointed hips usually with one at the hip and another at the thigh which
I personally hate it since it looks like they broke their legs. This is why I'm choosing to do a single jointed leg and I'm going
to have to do a lot of extra work to make it have the movement I want. While I'm trying really hard to make sure the ball
and sockets blend into the body there are some sacrifices I have to make but for the most, I feel I'm getting some of the
very important silhouettes nailed down.

The first picture shows the first attempt on the left where I realized making a socket first was proving to be way more
difficult to imagine where the ball would go, so I then filled the right side in to sculpt a ball where the leg would pivot.
I'm being very conscious of how much overhang the socket would have since overhangs would limit rotation.

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW KxbhPSz

You will notice that I had to carve in where the hips meet the leg, this is to allow more movement, otherwise I'm gonna
have to carve into the leg and I really want to avoid giving the front of the thighs a "butt" shadow

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW J0ylrFM

I like the silhouette here, I kept moving the ball further back until it matched the curve of the butt. It's really important
to me that I don't create a weird lump under the butt like a lot of ball joint dolls have.

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW NPPtm5L

Again the silhouette looks about as close to reference as I can get without messing other things up. It might look a little
wonky but it's because the thigh is not attached at the moment. The goal is when she stands or sits the shadows should look like
how a butt would in that position.

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW G7VuoT6

I ordered a Dremel stylo which will arrive this week and it will help speed up work tremendously. I don't mind feedback, however certain design decisions were carefully made as the best compromise to avoid certain pitfalls other ball joint dolls have, so I'll do my best when I can. Till next update!

11Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:50 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
A little update for anybody interested. Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW 1f600

I'm still fine-tuning movement, haven't mirrored the legs yet, and not sure if the torso needs to be raised a bit,
the neck is also a little too thick, but down below is a size comparison with a Barbie Curvy and a Tbleague s29.
It's very rough and I'll always be able to make it pretty after I make sure symmetry and mobility are correct
foremost. I'm Basically sticking with Barbie Curvy size except making it more anatomically correct but still
having to make cuts here and there for mobility. I want the legs to be able to move higher just a tad, but I don't
need to go too far since the torso has excellent movement already imo. Another thing I'm happy with is that it
sits flat on the bum, no awkward floating ball under the cheek. Anyway, until the next update!

NSFW https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/20/31/97/69/sculpt10.jpg

12Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:03 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like good progress, Suchsneak. I like the sculpt, but please note the forum's policy on adult images and themes -- please apply digital censorship stickers to the image or use links clearly labeled NSFW, just in case.

13Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:14 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like good progress, Suchsneak. I like the sculpt, but please note the forum's policy on adult images and themes -- please apply digital censorship stickers to the image or use links clearly labeled NSFW, just in case.

My deepest apologies, in the back of my mind I was thinking I should probably do something with the phicen to hide the private bits but at the same time, I'm so used to working with it on my desk that for me didn't seem explicit.

I'll be much more mindful from now on, sorry again!

14Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:17 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Suchsneak wrote:My deepest apologies, in the back of my mind I was thinking I should probably do something with the phicen to hide the private bits but at the same time, I'm so used to working with it on my desk that for me didn't seem explicit.

I'll be much more mindful from now on, sorry again!

No problem. I appreciate this, we just have to comply with Forumotion and forum policies. People's sensibilities vary and we are trying to be respecful of as many as possible. Thank you.

15Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:07 am

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I'm gonna post a safe for work version of my previous post just so it's easy to see for anybody who's new since the others had to be hidden Razz

Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Sculpt11

16Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:37 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing your progress! Kudos to you for embarking on this project to create your own ideal doll! Bjd's are rather beyond my scope, but they are undeniably pretty, and yours seems to be shaping up well.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

17Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny censorship stickers, too.

18Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Empty Re: Sculpting at 1/6 scale NSFW Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:51 pm

Faster Than Life

Faster Than Life
I've been thinking about trying to sculpt my own bodies too, since I don't necessarily think that the bodies that are available reflect the body types I'm after accurately...with males you have either very fit or very fat bodies, not much in between, and females seem to either be totally unrealistic or have room for organs but too much breast. I keep wondering about the possibility of making silicone 'skins' to go over them.

I am definitely going to make at least 1 BJD style body...he won't be human, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum